Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Yeah

We have seen Leeper Gnomes joining the forsaken before, but is not impossible to see other factions becoming allies with the forsakens...
    Even the HORDE only allies with the forsaken cause they need them...The mere tought of an alliance race or faction joining the forsaken without being forced or raised from the dead is ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way what do the alliance leaders say?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Even the HORDE only allies with the forsaken cause they need them...The mere tought of an alliance race or faction joining the forsaken without being forced or raised from the dead is ridiculous.
    Well, is true that the horde only allies with the forsaken cause they need them, but remenber that, that was the reason they joined the horde in classic wow, so it can change... how? they can leave the horde or they can become part of the "family"

Also, i'm not saying that any of the alliance races (factions) would join the forsaken, i'm saying that other factions (yeah those third party faction that we kill every now and then) could join the forsakens

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Sylvanas has no concept of honour and the Horde now have the biggest liability ever stuck in their ranks with a threat of annihilation hovering over their heads from the Alliance. Being tough on Sylvanas is going to have to be matter of fact unless she's going to end up like Garrosh.
    Well, if the rest of the Horde could be endangered by a threat of "final purge" because of Sylvanas not obeying orders, the other Horde leaders wouldn't think twice to point their fingers on her, causing Sylvanas and her Forsaken the only faction to be "ended". Sylvanas has more than a reason to be quite more careful now compared to Cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's possible half her race won't side with her either. Forsaken aren't all rallying behind her "let's kill and raise more undead to bolster our numbers thinned out by endless war" as its insanely hypocritical given how Forsaken feel about being raised into undeath by the Lich King.
    Yeah you're right, we have seen some Forsaken go against her (betray her), look at Putress

Sylvanas has no concept of honour and the Horde now have the biggest liability ever stuck in their ranks with a threat of annihilation hovering over their heads from the Alliance. Being tough on Sylvanas is going to have to be matter of fact unless she's going to end up like Garrosh.
    Is true that she doesn't have honor, but in the end, i don't think her ways are bad..., is true that her ways are honorless but is a better way to lose less people..., also is true that she may become a new villain just like Garrosh did, but is not like is something that WILL happen... (is just a possibility)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    That was 'retconned', suddenly they don't think it's such a bad thing.
    what was retconned?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not talking about Putress. Talking about the Forsaken who left Undercity because they didn't like the direction Sylvanas was heading. Forsaken were supposed to hate the condition they are in and not wish it upon anyone, when they suddenly changed their mind about it they became a bunch of ridiculous hypocrites instead of tragic heroes.
    Yeah i know, Putress was just a mere example :S

She was only losing her people because she was mired in destructive wars she couldn't win. What she was doing is the same thing the Forsaken hated the Lich King for. More Lillian Voss types rising up against Sylvanas wanting to rip her to shreds is the only conclusion if these new undead actually have free will.
    Yeah, she was losing people because of what you said, but that doesn't change the fact that her ways are more "safe" for her people, also i don't agree with the statement that Sylvanas is doing the same as the Lich King, cause after she rez anyone and after they recover theirself, they got the ultimatum join us, or go back to the grave (Well... if you don't want to be what you are now..., just die again) also she's not pushing anyone to do things against their own will

Metzen or someone in dev said the new Warchief was going to be very tough on Sylvanas. Lor'themar already hinted at her being a problem and Sylvanas herself wants to push her luck. The one good thing Garrosh did as Warchief was curb her psychopathic tendencies (before developing his own). Hopefully Vol'jin will be no slouch as they said. I think it'd be too soon to remove another leader in the next expansion but Sylvanas is in the riflescope, whether she ends up directly in the crosshairs will be seen.
    Yeah, is true that it was pointed out by Blizz that the new warchief was going to be very tough on her, but that doesn't mean that she will become a future villain, that does imply that there will be some conflicts between her and the rest of the horde, but it doesn't mean that someone have to end being killed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    OT a bit: Zaelsino, you're probably the biggest Sin'dorei lover on the forums (other than myself, of course); You think we should finally crown a new Sun King, or do you think we should let the crown go? I don't think I've ever gotten your views on that (remind me to ask Maddy as well, never got his either).
    Naaaah. It would feel hollow and forced given Theron's personal aversion to it and the revised In the Shadow of the Sun. Theron holding onto Kael's last decree (that Anasterian would be their last true monarch) is one of his endearing qualities IMO; it's a subtle reminder of how respectful and noble the prince was before turning to the Legion. Electing a new king would rob Lor'themar of that, and it's just... not really needed.

Though he does need to come up with a... contingency plan... if he ever gets assassinated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Naaaah. It would feel hollow and forced given Theron's personal aversion to it and the revised In the Shadow of the Sun. Theron holding onto Kael's last decree (that Anasterian would be their last true monarch) is one of his endearing qualities IMO; it's a subtle reminder of how respectful and noble the prince was before turning to the Legion. Electing a new king would rob Lor'themar of that, and it's just... not really needed.

Though he does need to come up with a... contingency plan... if he ever gets assassinated.
    1- Why would he get assassinated? i guess you're talking about Sylvanas... right?, even if Lorthemar doesn't trust Sylvanas, he still is one of her biggest allies

2- I think the rest of the council are his contigency plan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    1- Why would he get assassinated? i guess you're talking about Sylvanas... right?, even if Lorthemar doesn't trust Sylvanas, he still is one of her biggest allies

2- I think the rest of the council are his contigency plan
    Well, I mean the event of his death in general. A regency doesn't have a clear line of succession, and Theron has no known family left anyway; if he had a stroke and died in his office, he'd have no clear successor. That's a problem in a kingdom which is kind of in the middle of an interregnum, with no king but also no established republic or grand ruling council (Halduron and Rommath might come close, but they're not equals to him; I imagine they'd probably fight for power too) or anything. He should fix that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I mean the event of his death in general. A regency doesn't have a clear line of succession, and Theron has no known family left anyway; if he had a stroke and died in his office, he'd have no clear successor. That's a problem in a kingdom which is kind of in the middle of an interregnum, with no king but also no established republic or grand ruling council (Halduron and Rommath might come close, but they're not equals to him; I imagine they'd probably fight for power too) or anything. He should fix that.
    Well... now that Dalaran is alliance only, we have Aethas Sunreaver (I'm still waiting for him to be Kaelthas)

Deleted
    The lady herself:

''Warchief Vol'Jin." Does it sound absurd to you, class? I, for one, certainly won't be taking orders from a troll.

But, he put this little coalition together, and won the day. He's also proven to be impossible to kill - I admire that.

Time to test what he's made of...
    Aww sheeeeeet

Thrall says this. Also:

Vol'jin: Stand tall, druid. Today ya saved de soul of de Horde.

Baine: We are all in this together, druid.

Lor'themar: I find politics exhausting. I am confident Vol'jin will take us where we need to go. <Lor'themar glances at Sylvanas> Assuming we can hold this Horde together.

From one of the world first streams. The guy didn't talk to the others. x.x
    Dat glance at Sylvannas, ooooooh, I'm excited. Might we see some conflict between the Forsaken and Blood Elves soon? Perhaps Sylvannas, in her lust to keep Lordaeron, oversteps her boundaries.

both blood elves and the forsaken are allied witht he horde cause they need the horde's protection, and I am pretty sure the blood elves really hates the undead for what arthas did back in wc3, we might see a was between the blood elves and the forsaken.

The lady herself:

''Warchief Vol'Jin." Does it sound absurd to you, class? I, for one, certainly won't be taking orders from a troll.

But, he put this little coalition together, and won the day. He's also proven to be impossible to kill - I admire that.

Ooo
    Oh dayum!!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The lady herself:

Ooo
    <3 oh lady Sylvanas, show that stupid troll who is better with an arrow. No one will mind, she would be doing us a favor

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Read what he wrote about Garrosh..... then read what he wrote about Voljin..

You could say he is doing exactly now what he did with Garrosh....

Yeah :O i mean, Vol'jin and Garrosh are (and were) very different people--but Thralls reasoning hasnt changed at all--even after all this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    both blood elves and the forsaken are allied witht he horde cause they need the horde's protection, and I am pretty sure the blood elves really hates the undead for what arthas did back in wc3, we might see a was between the blood elves and the forsaken.
    The Blood Elves don't hate the Forsaken, in fact, the Forsaken are the biggest allies of the Blood elves in the horde, remenber that Sylvanas, the ranger general of the Blood Elves is the leader of the Forsaken, also there are many Undead elves that form part of the forsakens

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cannis866 View Post
    <3 oh lady Sylvanas, show that stupid troll who is better with an arrow. No one will mind, she would be doing us a favor
    Well, Sylvanas won't try to kill him, i think she will check if he's worthy of being her warchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Read what he wrote about Garrosh..... then read what he wrote about Voljin..

You could say he is doing exactly now what he did with Garrosh....
    Maybe, but Vol'jin has a history of having a very solid head on his shoulders and is more than willing to set aside grudges to propose a coalition for a greater goal, almost in total opposition of Garrosh who consistently urged the Horde to war with the Alliance since he ascended to the throne and who grew increasingly unstable during his reign.

In many ways, Thrall might be repeating history but Vol'jin learned from Thrall's mistake.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Since nobody quoted the alliance leaders... the only one saying something interesting is Tyrande. She says that Varian asked her to pact with the horde leaving ashenvale alone in exchange of letting the horde get the wood from azshara.

Jaina says kill them all, anduin that imprision camps are bad, the dwarf blabla, the gnome "lets steal the technology and run".

Varian should have bladestormed the horde in there, that much is clear. Ashenvale should have been cleansed with arrows, not pacted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Maybe, but Vol'jin has a history of having a very solid head on his shoulders and is more than willing to set aside grudges to propose a coalition for a greater goal, almost in total opposition of Garrosh who consistently urged the Horde to war with the Alliance since he ascended to the throne and who grew increasingly unstable during his reign.

In many ways, Thrall might be repeating history but Vol'jin learned from Thrall's mistake.
    Even more when you read Vol'jin books and you see how he changed, how he worked together with a human, something that he himself in the past saw as impossible, they became friends, but even there he stated that HE will kill Garrosh, and that his human companion said that he will be the one who will made the arrows that will pierce Garrosh hearth

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Since nobody quoted the alliance leaders... the only one saying something interesting is Tyrande. She says that Varian asked her to pact with the horde leaving ashenvale alone in exchange of letting the horde get the wood from azshara.

Jaina says kill them all, anduin that imprision camps are bad, the dwarf blabla, the gnome "lets steal the technology and run".

Varian should have bladestormed the horde in there, that much is clear. Ashenvale should have been cleansed with arrows, not pacted.
    Isn't his way better? i mean, Varian mentioned what would have happened if they figthed the horde, they would have spend a lot of time and a lot of resources to beat the lastest force of the horde and even after that... what?... what will they do? Kill them all? if not.... how will they rule them without having another concentrated camp like they did in the past?

Deleted
    Orcs have a home planet. Goblins can stay neutrals, undead get back to the graves, blood elves keep their lands, trolls and taurens go back to graze. Warcraft zero.