Question about class choice in 5.4 (Shaman, Priest, DK) DPS.

So I am returning to the game on a fresh account. (Doing RAF this weekend so will be 90 quickly.) And I have a few questions about some classes and how they are currently doing in 5.4.

Basically, I am going to raid on either Shadow Priest, Enhancement Shaman, or Frost/Unholy DK. Now I realize 100% that ranged > melee. But at this point, since I will only be raiding until December, it makes no difference to me, I just want to raid. Thus why I am choosing the 3 classes I have yet to play. (Aside from DK, my main class). I have read good/bad things about Shadow which makes it sort of a bad pick, especially since I will most likely do 10m. Which would leave Enh Shaman and DK. How are Enh Shamans doing right now? I know DK is in a good place which leaves that as my safe pick. So basically in 522 to normal SoO gear, what would be the better choice and why?

Well, my pick would be Shadow Priest, and I’ll explain why:

- Shadow was recently buffed pretty well, and is currently simming 5th.
    - Ranged > Melee (I know you said it doesn’t matter, but do your guild / potential guild a favor and roll ranged)
    - Disc > Resto Shammy for offset healing.
    - Raid CD + Offhealing lets you 2 heal some fights that should have 3
    - Multi-dotting is boss in SoO. Only OMFGOPwarlocks can multi-dot better than shadowpriests.

All in all, shadow isn’t as bad as a lot of people make it out to be. If you’re pushing world top 20 heroic kills, then maybe you shouldn’t be playing s.priest. Then again if that’s the case, you shouldn’t be playing Enhance or Frost either.