Reforging disc 5.4

Hi

I wanted to know how goes reforging in 5.4 for disc...all of our t16 5 set item gives spirit and mastery and as disc our main stat is crit so what we are suppose to reforge? how much spirit is enough for progressing SoO normal with ToT normal gear..should i reforge spirit to crit on those items or mastery to crit?

tnx in advance
    Last edited by LoLcano; 2013-09-13 at 08:23 PM.

I've only done the first 4 bosses in SoO normal so far but I have 11k Spirit and that seems like too much. I run with 34% Crit 33% Mastery buffed. I reforge out of haste and spirit into crit>mastery. I am trying to drop a bit of spirit since so far I haven't even been close on mana except for Protectors and even then we had no hymn of hope go out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    how much spirit is enough for progressing SoO normal with ToT normal gear..should i reforge spirit to crit on those items or mastery to crit?
    I went in reforged to minimum spirit (6k) and was OOM all the time. I reforged up to maximum spirit (11k) and I'm still feeling the strain on my mana in the later fights. I'm currently aiming to pick up more pieces with spirit so I can reach 13-15k. I'm guessing my stable point is somewhere in there.

As for reforging tier, go Mastery -> Crit, unless you find yourself unable to run out of mana. If so, go Spirit -> Crit instead.

Edit: I should clarify, I have a PW:S-spamming disc priest in my group, so my personal Rapture utilization is horrible.
    Last edited by espoire; 2013-09-14 at 06:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done 13/14 (almost 14!) and I have 11.9k spirit and I stayed Disc for all of those fights, even Garrosh. I pretty much just reforge anything in to Crit, I've got 2p so my Crit kind of went down from my HTF pieces with pure crit, but it's still pretty decent. I think if you are REALLY good at timing your Rapture and have a Shaman in your raid group 10-11k spirit would be ideal. Maybe even a bit more if you just have normal gear.
    [/CENTER]

tnx for feedback....atm just did flex and my 12k spirit was way too much...raid is tomorrow so i can test if its too much spirit there too.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new tier is spirit/mastery so reforging into Crit from Mastery will be super ideal for us.

We can have a nice balance with Mastery and Crit and from doing 2 raids of 25man both at 12/14 in 4 days I have made my mind up to stay Disc.

Spirit Shell is still a really nice CD

I'm 12/14 25 man, and killed Paragons on 10 man last night as a "clean up" day, and almost got Garrosh down (because you know, 10 man is easier ). I run with 10k spirit, have LMG and Heroic Horridons, and have a Resto Shammy. On 25 man I struggled with mana on Thok because of all the shield spam during the interrupt, but the other fights weren't too bad. 10 man was fine, but I did have to use HoH a handful of times, so for 10 man you can go even lower if you have at least a few of the "mana helpers" I do.

Balancing crit and mastery is ideal, with crit about 5% higher. Make sure you take raid buffs into account. What I did was reforge the higher stat of mastery or spirit to crit, and reforge away from haste as priority.

Quote Originally Posted by ODDLAWL View Post
    I've done 13/14 (almost 14!) and I have 11.9k spirit and I stayed Disc for all of those fights, even Garrosh. I pretty much just reforge anything in to Crit, I've got 2p so my Crit kind of went down from my HTF pieces with pure crit, but it's still pretty decent. I think if you are REALLY good at timing your Rapture and have a Shaman in your raid group 10-11k spirit would be ideal. Maybe even a bit more if you just have normal gear.
    Last night I ran 11K spirit on our Garrosh kill and found that to be way too much. I ran around 11-13K for most of SoO before Garrosh as well, and found it to be adequate for most fights. I am sure I'll be trying to go lower those spirit numbers for next week.

Deleted
    I cleared 10m SoO with around 9.2k spirit (LMG and HLG HC) and it felt okay. I also used From Darkness comes Light, which is not the big managain like MB. Many t16 with mastery is okay. Mastery is a good stat and it will bring balance.

6K spirit, max reforge into crit, never fell below 50% mana on first 9 fights. The more crit, the more absorbs you get, which heavily abuses the "no cap" on Divine Star for AOE healing, and makes disc fairly competitive in the AOE scenarios with most other healers. It's just not possible to beat crit.
    Will be doing the remaining fights on my priest tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    6K spirit, max reforge into crit, never fell below 50% mana on first 9 fights. The more crit, the more absorbs you get, which heavily abuses the "no cap" on Divine Star for AOE healing, and makes disc fairly competitive in the AOE scenarios with most other healers. It's just not possible to beat crit.
    Will be doing the remaining fights on my priest tomorrow.
    rly 6k? i dont think i can do ToT with 6k !

also is LMG better than crit+30% hast one for disc? (with around 10.5k spirit)

Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    rly 6k? i dont think i can do ToT with 6k !

also is LMG better than crit+30% hast one for disc? (with around 10.5k spirit)
    crit+haste meta gem is largely useless for disc because it requires so much more spirit, and has a horrible multiplier. The reason I can get away with 6k, is because I have almost no haste, which means that my spells take longer to cast, which stretches my mana. My "fast" spells are thus largely mana neutral (atonement), and my "slow" spells takes slightly longer to cast but hits harder (PoH).

I belive ure gonna have to feel it, Myself im not reforging away spirit if an item have it but I dont gem spirit and i dont reforge other stats into spirit if an item lacks it. I heal with dps trinket also now a days and i still think i have to much mana overall but I still wanna keep some marginals and this way I think it works for me

Deleted
    I've been running 9000 for a while now, on ToT progression it usually only ever got bad on Iron Qon and Council, the other ones aren't even worth mentioning. So far in SoO I feel like 9k is way too much, I tend to end up with 100-200k mana left on most encounters (and I don't even have the Horridon trinket). Certainly not going to get the spirit trinket.

so far my group is 11/14 in normal tot gear and im running 11-12k spirit w/o LMG(3 more secrets on tuesday!) and my mana seems to be fine especially since i like to DPS as much as i can instead of preserve mana. once i get the LMG, ill probably drop some spirit.