Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Tenacity would fix it, because the only people who really complain about that are the ones who wanted to have the overwhelming numbers advantage in the first place. However, that would hurt Blizzard more in the long run, because a lot more players would be upset about tenacity than players who are upset about getting trashed by a majority faction (that's why they're the minority, after all). I don't think you'll see any changes because of this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    What are they exploiting? Nothing. You're on a PvP realm which means you are a target always. They are killing you. Thus it is PvP. Blizz has stated on numerous occasions they don't give a turd about getting camped because its a PvP server. If you don't like it move to a PvE server. This is the chance you take rolling on a PvP server where you are outnumbered.

Now Blizz may help you with connected realms and cross-realms but yeah, its your own fault for rolling PvP. Move if you don't like it.
    So much failure in this post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    The guards are just terrible as well they have a tiny aggro range and can easily be killed >.< More often than not they kill me for chi torpedoing away from someone trying to kill me ;(
    lol thats happened to me a few times!

and once for using expel harm to heal myself :>
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Archolm View Post
    Except not at all because everything I said was true. You must be on a PvP realm getting ganked by the opposite faction.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Deleted
    i am on a balanced server and the pvp is fun. however i see no harm in npc's that have huge aggro range and can not be stunned rooted slowed ect.. and hit like a truck. and go faster than druid cat speeds. Sor of how they are at lights hope. Just not everywhere.

Deleted
    That's what you get for your leader saying he will end the horde.

In short, get a friend to invite you to another server.

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Yes exactly.

When a person levels a character on a pvp realm, they are taking the chance of there level 30 getting ganked by a passing by level 90. However, since for the most part they are separated by numerous leveling zones, low and high level players of the opposite faction shouldn't usually meet. Ganking low levels isn't a popular thing, as it requires people to go out of their way to do so.

Timeless Isle is a zone for level 90's to progress on. It is confined, has no balancing limits, and very little guard assistance. Level 90's looking to advance their character HAVE to go here for pve. There is no other way around it. That mean's you are going to have a lot of player's of the opposite faction, grouped up on a small island without the option to fly, with their main objective being killing mobs. Now, imagine this scenario with an imbalance of 4:1. It is almost unplayable. Even going with a group doesn't do much. As an ally, my best bet is to stay near the Toushi Camp and farm turtles. I doubt that's what Blizz wanted.
    I'm going to sound really rude here, and for that I am sorry but. I hope they never fix the isle, all those 90s who are getting griefed on PVP servers, and spawned camped repeatedly are learning a harsh lesson. Not ALL of them are guilty for doing the same damn thing to lowbies, but a lot of them are. You want to talk about a scenario with an imbalance of 4:1? Big deal, those lowbies suffer the same faction imbalance, and if they are on the short end of the stick they don't have a lot of people to come help them out to stop the griefing.

Go play another toon? Why because some child wants to sit around killing a lowbie and corpse camp him all day until he's forced to log out, swap realms, or other wise ruin his game experience? It's ok because he's on a PVP server? Fine, PVP happened. It also happened to those level 90s getting face rolled. It's world pvp, stop crying and deal with it. PVP Happened, on a PVP server. Don't like it? Move to a PVE server or play another toon until the camping ends.

People can't have their cake and eat it too, what's good for the goose is good for the gander after all. If those lowbies can be camped into oblivion, because "PVP happened" then so can every 90 on the Timeless isle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    I'm going to sound really rude here, and for that I am sorry but. I hope they never fix the isle, all those 90s who are getting griefed on PVP servers, and spawned camped repeatedly are learning a harsh lesson. Not ALL of them are guilty for doing the same damn thing to lowbies, but a lot of them are. You want to talk about a scenario with an imbalance of 4:1? Big deal, those lowbies suffer the same faction imbalance, and if they are on the short end of the stick they don't have a lot of people to come help them out to stop the griefing.

Go play another toon? Why because some child wants to sit around killing a lowbie and corpse camp him all day until he's forced to log out, swap realms, or other wise ruin his game experience? It's ok because he's on a PVP server? Fine, PVP happened. It also happened to those level 90s getting face rolled. It's world pvp, stop crying and deal with it. PVP Happened, on a PVP server. Don't like it? Move to a PVE server or play another toon until the camping ends.

People can't have their cake and eat it too, what's good for the goose is good for the gander after all. If those lowbies can be camped into oblivion, because "PVP happened" then so can every 90 on the Timeless isle.
    Well said

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Timeless Isle is a zone for level 90's to progress on. Level 90's looking to advance their character HAVE to go here for pve. There is no other way around it.
    Freshly dinged level 90's yes. I was a victim of a bully during my childhood, I heard he now plays WoW and is probably farming in Timeless, I apologise to all that I slay on my path for vengeance, it's not personal...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    So in short,
    A level 90 beating on level 30's = 'part of the game, go to a pve server if you don't like it'
    A bunch of 90's beating on another 90 = 'huge issue, blizz please fix'.

I left a bit of sympathy around here somewhere, let me see if I can find it. brb.
    For some reasons, i love all your posts in this thread.

OP: you should switch to a PvE server. Ganking smartasses have screwed me lots of times during my stay on a dead server, so i left and i'm now happy.

As WoW's gotten older and world PvP has become less common, a lot of us have gotten used to being able to safely solo outdoor content on PvP servers.

But the big, harsh truth here is that we're not supposed to be able to safely wander around alone outdoors on a PvP server, regardless of faction imbalance. The player who foolishly travels alone can be easily killed by two players.

There are alternatives to complaining on forums or stubbornly marching alone into enemy-infested outdoor areas. The correct thing to do here is to group up with friends, guildies, associates...maybe even random players from trade chat BEFORE going to the Timeless Isle or any other area where world PvP is likely to occur.

And I don't mean this part in a derogatory manner--please consider moving to a PvE server if you're tired of world PvP. World PvP became less fun for me over the years, so I moved several characters to a PvE server and have never regretted the decision.

Timless Isle is a really good idea, it's just that it wasn't implemented properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Archolm View Post
    Sorry but you're just wrong. That is exactly what PVP server is all about. Ganking is, and has always been, about hurting those weaker than you to get a moment of enjoyment at someone else's expense and preferably when there's no consequences in return. That's literally sanctioned behavior by Blizzard. This gets brought up in blue posts constantly.

Deleted
    I love Timeless Isle even though there is a massive faction imbalance on my realm I still enjoy PvPing. It's just the nature of world PvP until Blizz fix server imbalances it's gonna be like this all you can do is go on at off peak times and hope for the best.

Although I agree a raid group of any faction not letting your server pick up quests etc is total BS and should be looked at.

Quote Originally Posted by Hattai View Post
    Makes me wonder how many people were around for the Isle of Quel'Danas.
    Heh on my old server, the population was almost 1:1 during the time of the Sunwell. Now it's 25:1 due to massive server transfers. I imagine it's a crap hole now. I wonder how many people simply quit rather than give Blizzard $25 to "fix" the problem.

Deleted
    I feel like if Blizzard altered the debuff you get from being killed by someone using the censer of eternal agony, to make you unable to be attacked or attack people using the censer, it could reduce some of the crying going on by a reasonable ammount, people can still farm their coins, but no longer are encouraged to camp graveyards in large numbers.

Doesn't help the Alliance/Horde inbalanced people, but it could lessen the stress a little.

PVP, particularly world PVP has been complete garbage in WoW for years now. Other games make an attempt to make world PVP actually fun and meaningful, and also try to balance opposing sides as much as possible.

Unfortunately most servers in WoW are now very imbalanced towards one side or another. There are very few "balanced" servers. Like Blizzard said most of the 'so called' world-PVPers like to transfer to servers where their own faction dominate. Ironically this results in little to no world PVP because the underdog faction eventually gives up and transfer away it resulting in even more imbalance.

And as usual Blizzard is not offering any solutions other than 'paid transfers' of course. Before any of you bring up Connected Realms they are only merging low-pop realms. However usually the most lopsided of imbalanced servers also happen to be High/Full ones (e.g. Illidan, Sargeras), and not the targets of Connected Realms.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Translation: most people are cowards that want to pvp, but are too scared to do 1v1 or even 5v1, so they do 50v1
    Yes they are, and it cracks me up that those same people are complaining about the censer situation. Horde and Alliance greatly outnumber the people using censers on the server, yet its that the censer guys group up to become a sometimes formidable force. It's good fun on both sides of that battle when it draws a lot of people in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    PVP, particularly world PVP has been complete garbage in WoW for years now. Other games make an attempt to make world PVP actually fun and meaningful, and also try to balance opposing sides as much as possible.

Unfortunately most servers in WoW are now very imbalanced towards one side or another. There are very few "balanced" servers. Like Blizzard said most of the 'so called' world-PVPers like to transfer to servers where their own faction dominate. Ironically this results in little to no world PVP because the underdog faction eventually gives up and transfer away it resulting in even more imbalance.

And as usual Blizzard is not offering any solutions other than 'paid transfers' of course. Before any of you bring up Connected Realms they are only merging low-pop realms. However usually the most lopsided of imbalanced servers also happen to be High/Full ones (e.g. Illidan, Sargeras), and not the targets of Connected Realms.
    How do you explain those on the high pop imbalanced servers complaining about the few people that use the censer? The underdogs in that case are causing the majority to go cry home to mommy.

Blizzard provides you a way out all you have to do is get out that credit card and fork them over some more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I feel like if Blizzard altered the debuff you get from being killed by someone using the censer of eternal agony, to make you unable to be attacked or attack people using the censer, it could reduce some of the crying going on by a reasonable ammount, people can still farm their coins, but no longer are encouraged to camp graveyards in large numbers.

Doesn't help the Alliance/Horde inbalanced people, but it could lessen the stress a little.
    People are killing for coins, they are killing for killing. Clearly they aren't getting many coins camping graveyards in a raid where the guy rezzing just died and already has the debuff. Why should the debuff make you unattackable? That goes against the spirit of pvp servers, where you are vulnerable for just being in the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Solidsteel View Post
    Blizzard provides you a way out all you have to do is get out that credit card and fork them over some more money.
    Even cheaper, reroll, takes a whole 2-3 weeks to hit 90, and a day or two to hit ilvl 496 now. I finally rerolled off of my dead server 3 months ago after 8 years and 10 toons, all the professions, best decision ever.