Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frumper View Post
    People are killing for coins, they are killing for killing. Clearly they aren't getting many coins camping graveyards in a raid where the guy rezzing just died and already has the debuff. Why should the debuff make you unattackable? That goes against the spirit of pvp servers, where you are vulnerable for just being in the world.
    I've got nothing against world PvP, but camping graveyards hardly feels like something epic nor something that has a "spirit".
    I just think at least something should be done to give the victims a chance, maybe make guards stronger or something, because getting one shotted by an army of people outside your graveyard is straying away from fun and epic in my books, don't see what people are getting from the experience, on both parties, surely attacking helpless players that are powerless to defend themselves is akin to shooting spells at a target dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I've got nothing against world PvP, but camping graveyards hardly feels like something epic nor something that has a "spirit".
    I just think at least something should be done to give the victims a chance, maybe make guards stronger or something, because getting one shotted by an army of people outside your graveyard is straying away from fun and epic in my books, don't see what people are getting from the experience, on both parties, surely attacking helpless players that are powerless to defend themselves is akin to shooting spells at a target dummy.
    No one said PvP servers were "fun and epic". They're dangerous places for your toon. Just as the level 30 can be one shot and camped, why shouldnt a 90 be subject to such treatment? If that isn't fun for you, well it may not be the server type for you then. PVE is everything PVP is - ganking slaughterfests. If you want honorable combat, you have WG, TB, BGs, Arena. If you think the opponent should have a chance to defend themselves, well thats what flags are for on PVE servers. PVP is about the removal of rules, as messy as that can be.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides, being in that situation will probably piss you off, so next time you see a hostile player fighting a mob with his back to you, you'll strike.

Deleted
    No one said PvP servers were "fun and epic". They're dangerous places for your toon. Just as the level 30 can be one shot and camped, why shouldnt a 90 be subject to such treatment? If that isn't fun for you, well it may not be the server type for you then. PVE is everything PVP is - ganking slaughterfests. If you want honorable combat, you have WG, TB, BGs, Arena. If you think the opponent should have a chance to defend themselves, well thats what flags are for on PVE servers. PVP is about the removal of rules, as messy as that can be.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides, being in that situation will probably piss you off, so next time you see a hostile player fighting a mob with his back to you, you'll strike.
    I dunno, I guess I just disagree with the direction Blizzard take with world PvP, but it's too late for me now, if they offered some sort of 11 character discount to move to a PvE server I might take it, but until then, I'm stuck. It's sad really, I don't really want a server that has no world PvP, but the "world PvP" that does occur right now is as you said, a complete slaughterfest, and I'm not sure that's what I was looking for 8 years ago when I signed up to one

I just feel like it would be cool if there were PvP servers that had some more structure to them is all.

It was a slaughterfest then too. PvP servers have never had any honor. Its always been about ganking lowbies, killing distracted players, overpowering numbers, and high end geared players playing patty cake with non raiders. Never was a benefit to it, a little honor, but with diminishing returns.

If anything flying mounts I think are what killed world php by letting people easily escape without having to gather a force. It prevented larger battles from forming. They tried to bring it back with WG, but that didnt work, so they capped population in WG, and tried tenacity. TB was stricter population balancing, but then it was just like a BG.

Server transfers also played a role in faction balance too. The censers are nice in that the let you be on the extreme underdog faction for a while to force a bit of pvp and combined that with no flying mounts, and actual reasons for players to want to be there, we're seeing mobs being forced to fight if they want to play. It turns into a slaughter, but at least on my server if the buildup gets too bad then people start grouping up and clear them out. Having censers witha 10 minute cool down helps disperse and cool things down too. Then some jackhole will start building up his censer army again and it slowly repeats. Alls I can suggest is join the fight, its fun to spontaneously pvp at times, not because you want to pvp, but because you have to if you want to finish that quest you're halfway through.
    Last edited by frumper; 2013-09-17 at 02:52 AM.

Deleted
    It was a slaughterfest then too. PvP servers have never had any honor. Its always been about ganking lowbies, killing distracted players, overpowering numbers, and high end geared players playing patty cake with non raiders. Never was a benefit to it, a little honor, but with diminishing returns.
    Yeah I totally agree with you, the suggestions I was offering up were simply just my ideas on how to maybe add a little more depth to it without completely destroying it all together. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would appreciate spicing it up a bit and maybe making the world pvp combat a little more fair. Maybe what I'm suggesting is a completely different type of server, who knows, I'm just pulling stuff out of my head as it formulates at this point. Right now I have 2 options, and they're both 2 extremes, either have little to no PvP at all, or a complete chaotic mess with no structure or balance what so ever, why can't we have some middle ground?

People starting fights don't want fair fights, they want to win. And they'll win even as a minority until the majority have had enough and lay the smack down. I disagree with the 2 extremes. That only applies to world pvp, you can always go to bgs or arenas for a more fair situation for all. World pvp will always be inherently unfair because you never know who shows up with what gear and how many friends they brought at any time or location.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    this is not ganking, or anything to do with pvp what so ever its plain griefing en masse by an entire legion of players.
    Actually. This is the DEFINITION of ganking.

Urban dictionary:

Ganking -
    It is a word commonly used in online video games, usualy used in an MMORPG. Ganking is the process in which a group of characters gang up on one or more players that do not have a chance to defend themselves

Welcome to WoW World PvP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanitee View Post
    It IS the same as ganking. I've been corpse camped by jerks like you at lvl 20 when they were lvl 90. You just feel it isn't the same because YOU are the one getting ganked. Being dead at lvl 20 kills your progression as much as being dead at lvl 90 does. I repeat, your tears make me smile.
    jerks like me! mate you have no idea, I said I gank that doesnt mean I camp those I do gank, killing you once when I run into you does not kill your progression what so ever so stop making assumptions and missing the point of this thread!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    What are they exploiting? Nothing. You're on a PvP realm which means you are a target always. They are killing you. Thus it is PvP. Blizz has stated on numerous occasions they don't give a turd about getting camped because its a PvP server. If you don't like it move to a PvE server. This is the chance you take rolling on a PvP server where you are outnumbered.

Now Blizz may help you with connected realms and cross-realms but yeah, its your own fault for rolling PvP. Move if you don't like it.
    yes thats why every other neutral quest giver zone is massivly guarded to discourage such attacks.....this is because pvp is intended in these areas eh? shut the fuck up if you dont have a clue what your on about. Blizz do this because such areas are not intended to be locked down by one faction, pvp is one thing stopping progression is not in thier interests as it will turn people off the game. they simply didnt think about it or got it wrong this time.

yes thats why every other neutral quest giver zone is massivly guarded to discourage such attacks.....this is because pvp is intended in these areas eh? shut the fuck up if you dont have a clue what your on about. Blizz do this because such areas are not intended to be locked down by one faction, pvp is one thing stopping progression is not in thier interests as it will turn people off the game. they simply didnt think about it or got it wrong this time.
    Please read the below, from Blizz themselves then shut up. You rolled on a PvP realm now deal with it.

PvP Realm Policies
    Actions that would typically be considered "dishonorable" are considered legitimate PvP tactics and will not be addressed by our Game Master (GM) staff. Actions that fall into this category include, but are not limited to:

Corpse camping.
    Tricking players into getting flagged for PvP (i.e. jumping in the middle of another player's area effect spell).
    Killing players well below your level.
    Source: https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...-server-policy

Signature Created by Jassinta

Isn't the point of PVP to slam your opponent hard so you can slow their ability to level, power up, get resources and generally retard their ability to make war upon your faction? Oh, I see... You just don't like being on the loosing side. News at 11.

There won't ever be a way to solve faction inbalance because the nature of PVP is to create a faction imbalance and PVPers don't like loosing but by god they love them some easy ganking.

jerks like me! mate you have no idea, I said I gank that doesnt mean I camp those I do gank.
    Maybe look up your own posting history here on MMO-Champion. We have had discussions before, even with the result you being temporary banned (and make other accounts). I can only laugh at you: "WoW is so unfair", when you feel being the victim for once...

I'm on a PvP server and the ganking back and forth is exactly why I transferred to one a while ago. The only thing that annoys me is that I still haven't been able to complete "Rolo's Riddle" because every bird I get doesn't live very long. Funny thing is both factions on my server camp the flight path of them.

Deleted
    jerks like me! mate you have no idea, I said I gank that doesnt mean I camp those I do gank, killing you once when I run into you does not kill your progression what so ever so stop making assumptions and missing the point of this thread!
    Thing is, you apparently feel ganking lowbies is fun the way you do it. Because it's only once right (although maybe not that one hunter, because fuck hunters right?)?

I absolutely loathe being ganked by some bored level 90 turd that one-shots me while leveling, but I deal. But here's the kicker: you are not the only one that thinks ganking me, even only just once, is fun. This means I get ganked by multiple people, sometimes, multiple times. Which completely hampers progression and fun. But again, I deal. Because you know: I rolled a PvP server.

But now here we are, and you're on the receiving end of a bunch of level 90's that think it's fun to camp an area and lock it down. Guess what? Now you get to deal. To be honest, I can imagine it's good fun owning an island like Timeless Isle on one faction. Makes you feel powerful, makes you feel that bond between you and your faction-mates. Also, Timeless Isle is a level 90 vs 90 thing whereas your "fun" is level 90 vs whateverthehellisgreyinitsportraitbecauselolwtfoneshot.

I can't help but think melodramocracy said it best:
    "Karma just pulled up in a bright yellow bus."

Enjoy World PvP!
    Last edited by mmoce93e50a9ea; 2013-09-17 at 01:05 PM.

I love the isle. Sargeras (US) is heavy alliance, but believe me, PVP is far from dead. With so many people going after bloody coins it's almost like there is a horde population there. We often have multiple roaming death squads of 5, 10, 25 people running around. I'm having a blast. My only gripe about the isle is lack of a leash from the Ordon that can be pulled on the quest givers. That kinda sucks to log into with kiln masters charging you and the fire everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomken View Post
    Everytime I try to Que for LFR, the game completely crashes. WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    It's probably trying to save you a headache.

The only way they could fix imbalance on servers is so if you log into a pvp character intended for a pvp realm then the game puts you in a queue and deposits you on a pvp realm when the amount of pvp players on one faction dips too low, so you would never know which server you would end up on until you got on it and it would make grouping up with friends very difficult. Not going to happen.

The point of PVP is to hurt your enemy so much that it makes it hard for them to wage war against you, and thats what happens on every world pvp server. Eventually a faction will win out and the other will loose, no war is eternal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    Maybe look up your own posting history here on MMO-Champion. We have had discussions before, even with the result you being temporary banned (and make other accounts). I can only laugh at you: "WoW is so unfair", when you feel being the victim for once...
    Its not about me its about the entire faction on my server actully mate and that goes for any server with an inbalanced population where this happens......by all means try to make it personal though you got some kind of grudge against me mate? funny stuff, go on carry on your internet hardman routine im sure youd be exactly as mouthy in real life eh?

While I'm a huge proponent of world PvP and think it should be as unforgiving as possible (even wanting flying mounts gone from the game) I do think faction imbalance is a big problem. Not just with the TI, but in general. It's irritating that so many players seem to have a hive mind and want to pool up on a server that's imbalanced in their favor, cause WoW would be much better off if they were even. I'll never forget the world PvP on the IoQ back in the day. My server was an almost dead even split at the time, and it was the most fun I've ever had in game. Now that server's hugely in favor of my faction (and dead, to boot) so I don't have many targets.

Its not about me its about the entire faction on my server actully mate and that goes for any server with an inbalanced population where this happens......by all means try to make it personal though you got some kind of grudge against me mate? funny stuff, go on carry on your internet hardman routine im sure youd be exactly as mouthy in real life eh?
    And here we go again... YOU are the one whining, not me. I play on a very imbalanced server too, you hear me complaining? Back to the things YOU said and have previously said in your post that makes this laughable. You were always the one saying: "Don't like being ganked? Move to a PvE server". Additionally you always claimed to camp people to enrage them. Now it happens to you and you are like a little kid crying for his mommy that it's so unfair.

Check the WoW-forums too (guess you are banned there) and count how many people are complaining there. You are again part of a very vocal minority...

10+ Year Old Account
    Dang you mean all those players that tell low levels on pvp realms to get over being gank by level 90's are now upset their quest area on a pvp realms is being nuked and they can't turn in a quest and they are upset ...haha I love it....just another good reason to play on a Normal realm and not a PVP realm...sorry kiddies you made your bed now sleep in it...you wanted pvp you got pvp.....deal with it. You all loved it on pvp realms were you could gank lowbies over and over....ding the Dark Portal area when CRZ was put in with MoP...you all were happy kiddies that you could sit there and nuke any player zoning in to the spawn point using city portal to Dark Portal..you all got your kicks off by nuking players in a load screen ...you even posted that fact here on these forums over and over...now that the shoe is on the other foot you are upset...I love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think it's bad on an imbalanced PvP server, think about how bad it is on a PvE server where only about 3 people actually want to "PvP" (or rather, kill other players in as unbalanced an encounter as possible). No one is flagged, which basically reduces their options to basically griefing by chain pulling mobs into players' cleaves/AE - basically to either kill them, or even better to try to get a rise out of people to get them to flag and kill them.

To be perfectly honest, I think the Isle is no more interesting than battlefield barrens; killing stuff with no real form or structure until you've either farmed enough 'points' or just given up out of the tedium of it. It'll be dead in about 3 weeks, so we can forget about all this griefing crap.