Deleted

Aatrox built as a Tank not a melee carry bruiser

Hey guys,i've been trying out fulltank aatrox in ranked and it really has worked for me, you can charge your passive much quicker with more HP, and you have great base damage, i think he's been misinterpreted like xin who was build damage after his rework , and is now a tank. Have a pip at my guide if you want to know more :]

http://www.lolking.net/guides/190395

p.s. he got me gold V woop

it's a good concept but imo aatrox doesn't build into tank well, is still squishy, and is shut down by any reliable peelers and exhaust and i feel that bork is pretty much mandatory no matter what
    i think it'd be better off just laning/jungling jarman and doing the same thing but good work on the guide and making it work for ya
    Last edited by Acry; 2013-09-14 at 12:15 AM.

Deleted
    W > Q > E > W. Get Q level 2 because of the knock-up and in case you get invaded/you want to invade.

Personally go 2 ranks in W, then max R > E > W > Q.

I love Tanktrox. Doran's into SotAG+Tabi into Locket is awesome, then get Spirit Visage for CDR and passive effect, finish with Randuin's and then a damage item.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivalion View Post
    W > Q > E > W. Get Q level 2 because of the knock-up and in case you get invaded/you want to invade.

Personally go 2 ranks in W, then max R > E > W > Q.

I love Tanktrox. Doran's into SotAG+Tabi into Locket is awesome, then get Spirit Visage for CDR and passive effect, finish with Randuin's and then a damage item.
    I don't see the point in maxing E, can you say why? The increased slow duration isn't too major as most lanes will have some form of hard cc anyway and its damage increase is negligible, especially when compared to 2 blood price's

To the 1st poster : read my reasons on why building tank on aatrox is good (last paragraph)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegenuinebuzz View Post
    I don't see the point in maxing E, can you say why? The increased slow duration isn't too major as most lanes will have some form of hard cc anyway and its damage increase is negligible, especially when compared to 2 blood price's

To the 1st poster : read my reasons on why building tank on aatrox is good (last paragraph)
    Better jungle clear and more burst during ganks, you won't always have the chance to get 3 AA's off to procc the damage.

Wouldn't AS runes be better for such an item build?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Wouldn't AS runes be better for such an item build?
    No, pure AD is best for the early-game damage boost

Deleted
    Better jungle clear and more burst during ganks, you won't always have the chance to get 3 AA's off to procc the damage.
    I much prefer it, it allows you to do shit in level 9 skirmishes due to the heal/damage. but i'll try out BoT max.

Deleted
    I much prefer it, it allows you to do shit in level 9 skirmishes due to the heal/damage. but i'll try out BoT max.
    I think both'll work well, I just prefer jungle clear so I can get ganking because pressure = everything. Getting 2 ranks in W allows for great sustain and still decent damage!

Deleted
    I think both'll work well, I just prefer jungle clear so I can get ganking because pressure = everything. Getting 2 ranks in W allows for great sustain and still decent damage!

Just maxed E in a game, i really like the slow duratin increase, it almost doubles so that's great. but i really found my damage at drake + small skirmishes lacking, but hey, each to their own

Aatrox imo does really well with his Ult when he can survive longer. I'd agree that starting Tank Masteries is the way to go, but stick with his usual items such as Blade of the Ruined King (must have), Blood Thirster, Crescent, Tabi or Ionian boots with Captain, and then take spirit visage or warmog's for the hp.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    for aatrox i run 9/21/0 generally go top lane since hes a late game champ and needs his farm which the jungle just doesnt provide
    Botrk>merc>armor component of randuins cant think of the name atm.>spirit visage>randuins>lw>thormail/trolllmogs/banshess/ga last item is generally up for grabs with the defensive masteries and the randuins and sv you are rather tanky i got botrk for the slow and its passive 5% hp lifesteal etc. and the lw because as a front line they generally are pretty tanky it also helps with disrupting the enemy carries.
    i run 3 2% LS quints
    Armor yellos MR Blue and Armor pen reds

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    Aatrox imo does really well with his Ult when he can survive longer. I'd agree that starting Tank Masteries is the way to go, but stick with his usual items such as Blade of the Ruined King (must have), Blood Thirster, Crescent, Tabi or Ionian boots with Captain, and then take spirit visage or warmog's for the hp.
    But you die instantly then. It's like damage xin. Your base is so high.

Deleted
    Hey guys, would like to know your thoughts on lifesteal quints for tank trox? other than if your ahead you wont get lifesteal on him at all(barring hp regen from dorans) so i was wondering whether dropping that 6.75 early AD for 6% lifesteal would be worth?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    as i mentioned above thats what i run its more viable, for your guide on the other hand you run with a dorans start yet still build sotag which means you are just double dipping in starting gold which is a waste imo

Deleted
    Hey guys, would like to know your thoughts on lifesteal quints for tank trox? other than if your ahead you wont get lifesteal on him at all(barring hp regen from dorans) so i was wondering whether dropping that 6.75 early AD for 6% lifesteal would be worth?
    I wouldn't do it; you don't really need it, you get double Dorans anyway and you have your W for sustain, you literally can't die whilst clearing the jungle unless you start the camp with <100 hp, so I don't see the point in getting Lifesteal quints.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsmith06 View Post
    as i mentioned above thats what i run its more viable, for your guide on the other hand you run with a dorans start yet still build sotag which means you are just double dipping in starting gold which is a waste imo
    Which is why this is what every pro player does as Jungle Trox.

It's not more viable, no. Please shush with that.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    i didnt say its not more or less viable but unless he plans on farming or getting a ton of ganks off junglers are strapped for gold, so starting with the machete works just fine imo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsmith06 View Post
    i didnt say its not more or less viable but unless he plans on farming or getting a ton of ganks off junglers are strapped for gold, so starting with the machete works just fine imo
    "as i mentioned above thats what i run its more viable" Are you serious right now?

You start Dorans Blade because

1) You dont need 5 pots for the sustain
    2) Better dueling potential
    3) Better ganking potential
    4) Better snowballing potential

The last 3 points are what Aatrox jungle is all about. Snowballing. He excells in skirmishes, that is why double dorans works better than Machete+5pots does.

Yes, now I'm saying it's better to start Doran's instead of Machete on Aatrox. You are never in any danger of dying whilst jungling, ever, you do not need potions.

It's the exact same reason you want to start Doran's Blade on Lee Sin, Tigerdyr, Nocturne; they all excell at skirmishing, dueling and ganking. It's not "necessary" and only really a good idea if you plan on REALLY snowballing (read: solo-queue). Whereas with Aatrox there's no downside to starting Doran's and not Machete.

Deleted
    "as i mentioned above thats what i run its more viable" Are you serious right now?

You start Dorans Blade because

1) You dont need 5 pots for the sustain
    2) Better dueling potential
    3) Better ganking potential
    4) Better snowballing potential

The last 3 points are what Aatrox jungle is all about. Snowballing. He excells in skirmishes, that is why double dorans works better than Machete+5pots does.

Yes, now I'm saying it's better to start Doran's instead of Machete on Aatrox. You are never in any danger of dying whilst jungling, ever, you do not need potions.

It's the exact same reason you want to start Doran's Blade on Lee Sin, Tigerdyr, Nocturne; they all excell at skirmishing, dueling and ganking. It's not "necessary" and only really a good idea if you plan on REALLY snowballing (read: solo-queue). Whereas with Aatrox there's no downside to starting Doran's and not Machete.

Also a hunters is a waste early.

You do not get Spirit stone untill AFTER kindlegem .

So hunters would just be sitting there for a long time

Doran's > boots + more dorans if neccesary > kindlegem > SOAG (Priority order hunters>rej>faire)