Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    I can never really get into PvP for more than like a month, then I get bored. I did last like half a season during Cata doing Arenas, and one of the things that made me hate it was pillars. It's just not fun runing around in circles. I much prefer BGs because it's not just constant LoS, though I haven't even done a BG in like three months.

PvP just sucks in general now, apart from world PvP because I'm a heroic raid geared Disc Priest .
    If you don't do arenas and haven't done a bg in three months, how can you tell that PvP sucks atm? How can you hate pillars if you are a healer? You had no clue what you were doing when you played them if you hated them...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmatrix View Post
    If you don't do arenas and haven't done a bg in three months, how can you tell that PvP sucks atm? How can you hate pillars if you are a healer? You had no clue what you were doing when you played them if you hated them...
    Plenty of complaints about current PvP everywhere. Don't have to experience something to know about it. I may have not been amazing at Arena, but I wasn't completely clueless. Hating something isn't the same thing as not knowing how it works. Running around pillars just isn't fun, even if it is effective.

If they were to remove pillars they would have to drastically change alot of classes. Monks for instance. Their survivability comes from their mobility. If there were no pillars to hide behind we would just get eaten by ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Heh, yes. How do you think PvPers get hc weps/trinkets when we need them? We apply to some top guild and go clear hc modes, simple.

Btw, I hope you don't consider sub 2k "good" pvpers.
    You are implying that hardmode guilds are taking pvp players to give away gear to during progression. PvPer's get into hardmodes with a guild that has already been farming the content, don't try to convince me they are helping progression. Do high end pvp players play pve? Absolutely, and that isn't what I'm saying. However, a pure pvp player doesn't just magically decide to place themselves in a top guild. They get carried. A pure pvp player will have nothing but his pvp set to raid with. And I'm sure those players want to feel like they are contributing (or probably don't really care, since "dragonslayers" are all but hated on by pure pvpers). But you aren't even going to outdps someone in normal mode gear in pvp gear.

Pillars were originally designed so players had something to duck behind vs a team of ranged that could pick them off as soon as the gates opened.

What they SHOULD do is make an arena with smoke-bomb style pillars- pillars that can be passed through to help alleviate pillar-humping, but still work as protection from insta-gib range teams.

They could make it so it doesn't show health bars when not in LoS

So if they are on the other side of the pillar to you they can't see really easily if you change direction and suddenyl come around the corner at them.

Just an idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

No......that would ruin my fun of kiting people around corners for ages

There should probably be a few mechanics changed to not require LoS, but complete removal would make for boring, boring gameplay.

I would quit if they removed pillars. Honestly they have made so much shit retard proof because of QQ. Games hardly fun anymore.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

if pillers were removed there would be no difference between 1500, and 2k players, so no ty

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aet View Post
    if pillers were removed there would be no difference between 1500, and 2k players, so no ty
    Cause going in circles around a pillar in travel form with a powershift macro takes so much skill.

No. As annoying as they can be, they do add skill to the game since positioning matters. Instead of removing pillars, they need less instant cast and cast while moving spells. Particularly for healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    If pillars were more dynamic i wouldnt mind as much. Have them retract on a cycle.

I like LoS mechanics, but not when they're abused. Its turns a game of skill into a staring contest.

10+ Year Old Account
    it should be like the STV arena, just a plain arena team VS team no Line of sight stuff

Pillars in arenas is the reason that taurens got their range nerfed (hitbox fix), which was (is) quite annoying since you're out of range until you completely cover your target now. "I'm a huge beast with shorter arms than a T-rex".
    Mother pus bucket!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Pillars in arenas is the reason that taurens got their range nerfed (hitbox fix), which was (is) quite annoying since you're out of range until you completely cover your target now. "I'm a huge beast with shorter arms than a T-rex".
    Try playing a kitty in bc, if something was not literally in your face you could not attack it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Lol no way. Clever usage of pillars is a important part of pvp.

LoS is essential to arena play, most posters in this thread advocating for arena removal have zero exepirience of facing proper wizard cleaves melting your face without anything to hide behind. Seriously if you can't take a preassure of 2v2 (that can be pretty frustraiting) then play 3v3 (that you're supposed to play to achieve shinies). If you don't know when to pillar and when to push in then try to learn or give it up alltogether.

P.S. DK complaining about Disc... Seriously you can rotate cds and nulify 4 fears of 5, you can stick to him and when you can't - just grip dps and wail on him to force priest heal, switch back and forth to oom priest. If you know how to play DK you'll score a kill on priest eventually or may be will be killed by his hunter or feral, but that's what PvP is about - not just walking over dead bodies.