[Protection warrior] Proving Grounds

hey guys

i was wondering how good you guys are doing in PG and what kind of gear build/talents you use ?

at this moment i was able to reach 1443 score but i have issues with the monkey banana AoE and rabbits, how do you guys deal with them ?

this is my current build : http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/draenor/meidusa

i am planning on getting mass spell reflection instead of vigilance and enraged generation instead of second wind.

Deleted
    I haven't go in seriously yet, just went with the talents I had and trinkets to get the achievements, but... I ended in wave 46 so I guess is enough for it. Didn't see anything special about the monkeys, what problem did you had, getting snared? You could clear it with intervene if that's it. The rabbits only do damage because they leave a stacking dot, so just stun them and run away for the debuff to drop.

If you want to go serious on it, I would recommend you to grab the t14 stam trinkets from your bank, the inscription/lw raid buffs and plan your CDs as the waves are always one minute. The ones that hit truly hard and killed me when I lost CDs where the group of 3 push-back mantids, everything else it's just tank or run away when you need it, come back. DPS CDs, it seemed like everything died in enough time. The waves with lava on the floor left 10-15 secs to spare.

And talents, enraged regen would be better. Mass spell reflection. Disrupting shout was borderline useless as there is only one caster mob, one wave have two of them, but they melt away. Did not try piercing howl, but someone was saying he couldn't snare mobs with it. Since dps is not an issue, shockwave and storm bolt should be fine. I took shockwave halfway through it but kept Bloodbath, storm bolt should be better. Good luck!

I got to wave 12 with just a random spec I use to suit everything. The hardest wave I found was the 3 mantid wave simply because one seems to carry over into the next wave and they hit really hard. For the rabbits, like Espada said you want to do whatever you can to drop that debuff so staggering/shockwave. For the monkeys I think the best way to deal with them is to hamstring them and kite. They die very fast when your buddy focuses them. Lots of fun with proving grounds. I'm glad Blizzard put this in the game. I'm returning to WoW after a year and it forced me to get my tank skills back really quick and relearn my keybinds.

I'd go with a spec of:

Double Time
    Enraged Regen
    Staggering Shout
    Shockwave
    Mass Spell Reflect
    Stormbolt
    Last edited by dd614; 2013-09-14 at 01:05 PM.

Deleted
    Wave 26. The one where those 3 big mantid flyers come the 3rd time. Ive been stuck on that for several hours already. They just pretty much rape me. Beginning to think its impossible.

Sikari heals for 35k/sec those dudes dps me for 100k/sec. Even with full array of defensive cooldowns their dps is higher than Sikari's healing. Do i really need to save everything for this one wave? Shield wall, demo banner, demo shout, last stand, and enraged regen? Sounds bit excessive.

Anyone done that yet. If so what the hell did you do to pass that point.

Edit: hahaa finally and all the way to wave 35.
    Last edited by mmoc2ab87b9ea9; 2013-09-14 at 06:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyathon View Post
    Wave 26. The one where those 3 big mantid flyers come the 3rd time. Ive been stuck on that for several hours already. They just pretty much rape me. Beginning to think its impossible.
    I've done to wave 34, espada done 46 if you read above. Personally, i struggled with the rabbit pack, even when resetting that dot is just insane..
    I just made sure to not get knocked back into wall and eat 2-3 knockbacks in a row, they seem to repostion behind you're back, so moved alot. I used bloodbath but i guess you could use stormbolt and kite and get healed when you get knocked back. Focus one down fast ofc.

I winged most cooldowns, saved reck/banner for rabbit pack and just went with it, kinda gave up when i knew i had the title, didnt know about rankings
    If i do go back, gonna use 2x stamina trinkets instead of dps ones for sure.
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-09-14 at 06:02 PM.

This is the most infuriating thing. Sometimes the stupid mistweaver attacks different targets and it just make or breaks some waves, especially later on. Particularly on waves 4, 14, etc. Sometimes she attacks the mantid instead of the monkey and it makes it much harder.

Is there any way to control what she targets? It's pissing me off.
    Last edited by dd614; 2013-09-14 at 07:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    This is the most infuriating thing. Sometimes the stupid mistweaver attacks different targets and it just make or breaks some waves, especially later on. Particularly on waves 4, 14, etc. Sometimes she attacks the mantid instead of the monkey and it makes it much harder.

Is there any way to control what she targets? It's pissing me off.
    I noticed that too and i figured she concentrates on enemies that have dealt damage on her. But she doesnt switch before her current target is dead.

Wave 4 for example which is mogu + mantid and midfight monkey. Dont let her get hit by the mogu or mantid but let the monkey hit her. After that her 2nd target should always be the monkey.

Got to wave 45. Here's what I posted on the official Tanking forums:

Mass Spell Reflect is really nice for the caster mobs. Don't forget to use regular spell reflect, too.

The hardest hitting mobs are the three bug mobs that have wings. I dealt with them in the later phases by fearing all of them and burning down the one that the NPC was on. When the other two came back from fear, I popped shield wall and continued to DPS them with no issues.

Glyphed Heroic Leap is really nice for the extra damage and mobility.

I used shockwave over dragon roar because of the shorter CD and, of course, because of the 4 second stun.

Most of the time, I was able to position myself against one of the guard rails so that I wouldn't get knocked back. If your back is to the rail at an angle, though, you will get knocked back. If I did get knocked back, I just charged the mob immediately and taunted him.

When the big guy with the mace enrages and becomes even bigger, stop DPSing him and switching to something else. I'm pretty sure he takes reduced damage during this enrage.

This goes without saying I think, but always make sure that you're DPSing the mob that the NPC is currently on.

Try not to pop all of your defensive CDs at once. I found that even a simple Last Stand was enough to deal with hard hitting mobs.

I decided to use stam trinkets and stam flask/food. The mobs hit way too hard later on, and having extra stamina helps.

I always tried to save Recklessness/Skull Banner for three or more mobs.

- - - Updated - - -

For talents, I used:

Warbringer

Victory Rush

Disrupting Shout

Shockwave

Mass Spell Reflect

Bloodbath
    Skoldier for life.

Deleted
    I will have to go and try it, trouble is... like PvP I know before I even start how much it will make me rage in the end