Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Effects for Legendary cloaks no longer activate while fighting against other players.

Why is the item legendary-quality, if it offers nothing compared to the epic-one? Seriously, we were talking about ~30k single target damage (as melee DPS) once in a duel, so why did it have to be nerfed to ground?

Because it's a PvE legendary. All stats are superior for outside PvP so at least you have that.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Because it's a PvE legendary. All stats are superior for outside PvP so at least you have that.
    Since when have they started separating PvP and PvE legendaries? That just sucks ;_;

Deleted
    What do you expect with 72%-75% resilience?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gouca View Post
    Since when have they started separating PvP and PvE legendaries? That just sucks ;_;
    Lol... you don't follow up on PvP and legendaries much, do you? Everyone always complained about legendaries... the only people who were able to get them and actually use them correctly, were hardcore players in general who would hardcore raid, then go do arena inbetween raids etc... those people slaughtered arena because they had an advantage. Rogues w/ glaives was pretty stupid... Double healer shadowmourne was pretty ridiculous too... not to mention the mace from ulduar... Legendaries have shown that it makes an uneven playing field.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

15+ Year Old Account
    yet they still didnt change it and still force PVE players to do PVP content in order to get PVE legendary...

The proc was really underwhelming for me even in RBGs where it actually got to cleave. I guess people complained about it but it was really really minor.

15+ Year Old Account
    Since Blizzard/ Holinka got on the ball. They sorted out weapons (well done) and nearly have trinkets sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    The proc was really underwhelming for me even in RBGs where it actually got to cleave. I guess people complained about it but it was really really minor.
    Did it even proc in PvP instances at all? I think they had it disabled in there from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Did it even proc in PvP instances at all? I think they had it disabled in there from the start.
    It's a bug that it worked vs players.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    When have they done that? Just now, i mean you cleary got the memo, since you are asking a question about it. But i think it is because it would be to strong in PVP, arena, rated all around It have already superior states, so i think it is fine. IF you needed that 30k damge, to beat the guy in a duel you anyway dont deserve to win that duel

Can anyone test the tank and healer ones, or did they just shit on dps specs, pures in particular?

I have claimed this whole expac that there is no legendary. This proves it further.

good change.

i was one of the guys tearing people apart in groups with these on timeless isle over the past few days, i can definately see why they changed it. Fun killer for pvers but i'm glad they at least in this case realized that just because its fun for some people doesn't mean it should stay. hint hint LFR next

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    It worked until today. It was something like 2.4% of my damage in BGs where it could cleave and like 0.8% in duels.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Can anyone test the tank and healer ones, or did they just shit on dps specs, pures in particular?

I have claimed this whole expac that there is no legendary. This proves it further.
    You really can't claim that because the DPS cloaks are fantastic in PvE, and the tank one is practically broken it's so good. You're just wrong, frankly, in every possible way.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    the answer to the age old argument of "why do i have to pve to pvp"
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrwyss View Post
    yet they still didnt change it and still force PVE players to do PVP content in order to get PVE legendary...
    2 bgs is hardly "pvp content"

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    2 bgs is hardly "pvp content"
    You're right, it's PvE content.

Sure is fun to go into BGs with no pvp gear at all and hit for 5-15k on people with 400k+ health.

What the real problem could have been, is if you had 10 people with the cloak, hit one person, thats 100k dps taken per second in an aoe, they could have added DR to the damage based on how many players are being hit by the effect.
    Last edited by alucardtnuoc; 2013-09-15 at 02:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since they started to seperate OP PvE gear from PvP, that's when -.-

The legendary cloak would've basically be BiS for arena simply because of the proc.

Only a matter of time I suppose. I've had it do over 300k damage to a Warlock in a single duel. That is extreme and it normally only does around 50k, but that is still pretty heavy.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    You're right, it's PvE content.

Sure is fun to go into BGs with no pvp gear at all and hit for 5-15k on people with 400k+ health.

What the real problem could have been, is if you had 10 people with the cloak, hit one person, thats 100k dps taken per second in an aoe, they could have added DR to the damage based on how many players are being hit by the effect.
    didn't realize people on the legendary quests where fresh 90s in quest gear.