Poll: Does Putin deserve Nobel Peace Prize?

Page 1 of 18
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Does Putin deserve Nobel Peace Prize?

BEFORE YOU VOTE NO, READ PLEASE:

I been on the MMO-Champion for a while and I know that most of you despise Putin for being against gay-rights and sort of a dictator. And no arguments, such as poll thats shows that majority of russians are against gay-rights and that under the Putin there is more freedom then there were during Yeltsin, will make you change your minds.

BUT for sake of this post only, lets take a look at Putin's international policy on wars ONLY:

1) When he became President, country was in the 2nd Chechen war, which he was able to resolve and stop with a "more-or-less" positive solution: Chechnya remained part of Russia and Chechen people were compensated quite well, since now it is one of the best developed region of Russia.

2) When US and Allies wanted to invade Libya - Putin was against that invasion.

3) Under the command of Putin, Syria was proposed a plan, which saved it from American missile strikes, and many innocent deaths.

I AM NO SUPPORTER OF PUTIN, and I consider him to be quite negative Russian leader and corrupted politician, but AT LEAST he have done something to promote international peace, unlike OBAMA who got his Nobel Prize for just being of African decent.

Dear MMO-Champions, please consider your vote based only on Putin's international work on promoting peace and compare it to the work of Obama, who is acting very un-peace like so far.

Thank you for your time.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/interna...cle5121023.ece

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...?utm_hp_ref=uk

http://americanfreepress.net/?p=12722

EDIT: I made a mistake, and the question I should have really asked is: Should Obama's Nobel Peace Prize taken away from him and given to Putin?
    Last edited by Chort; 2013-09-14 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Poorly formed question ;(

10+ Year Old Account
    -reads-

Voting no. Putin is no peacemaker by any metric.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    You are kidding? It was a joke when Obama got it, now you think Putin deserves it? This is like awarding the school bully an award for breaking up a fight once.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    -reads-

Voting no. Putin is no peacemaker by any metric.
    Neither is Obama, but he's a Nobel laureate. The Nobel has become a joke. So sure, why not give one to Putin, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Chort View Post
    1) When he became President, country was in the 2nd Chechen war, which he was able to resolve and stop with a "more-or-less" positive solution: Chechnya remained part of Russia and Chechen people were compensated quite well, since now it is one of the best developed region of Russia.
    LOL. Chechnya was, is, and probably always will be a shithole.

Russia was against invasions in Libya and Syria because it was in their interest to keep Geddafi and now Al-Assad in the position of power.

Putin is only representing the best interests of Russia, he doesn't deserve a Nobel prize. Well, he probably deserves it more than Obama, but that's about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

No need to read it, my answer is no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Neither is Obama, but he's a Nobel laureate. The Nobel has become a joke. So sure, why not give one to Putin, too?
    Because past stupidity is a totally good reason to perpetuate that stupidity. -sarcasm-
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Was it wrong when Obama got it ... yeah i think so ( dont get me wrong i do like stuff Obama do but he had done little at the point he got the prize )

But Putin did *only* prevent Us going to war before the rest was willing to follow .... the civil war is very much still going on in Syria.

Deleted
    The person who deserve Nobel peace price is PEDRO OPEKA:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_Opeka

I voted yes because the nobel peace prize is a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is this thread for real? Putin getting the Nobel Price would be the biggest joke EVER.
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Yes, because fucking Obama got it too.

Putin is the only thing keeping USA from attacking Syria. If that isn't worthy of a Nobel prize I dont know what is.
    Sure, you can hate him for whatever reason, but he deserves merit for this.

Deleted
    Putin deserves the price just as much as Obama did - not a bit.
    However, just because such a mistake was made once doesn't mean that it should be made again.

If Putin hadn't supported Assad all the time since 2011, the Syrian civil war may have already been over.

The Libyan campaign was a resounding success. Gadaffi was overthrown with virtually no losses on the supporting nations' side and minimal civilian casualties inflicted by NATO.

Putin had no such anti-war sentiments with regards to Chechnya or Georgia. The man is a total hypocrite and you should think again if you think his opposition to American military intervention is anything other than geopolitics.

unlike OBAMA who got his Nobel Prize for just being of African decent.
    Ohh that's what this is about. Never mind. /thread

I AM NO SUPPORTER OF PUTIN, and I consider him to be quite negative Russian leader and corrupted politician, but AT LEAST he have done something to promote international peace, unlike OBAMA who got his Nobel Prize for just being of African decent.
    Oh NO NO NO NO!!! I will not let you say something so monumentally stupid that you clearly pulled from your biased ass!

Obama didn't win because of his race. He won because he restored faith in America/the Democratic system across the globe as he was seen to have overthrown a budding dictatorship/corrupt regime via a simple message of peace and understanding through the voting system and its people.

Learn to have a perspective OUTSIDE of America's internal situations, son. There's this place called "The rest of the world" - you know.

Now - having said that...

The key to answering this lies in the understanding that the Nobel Peace Prize is awarded EVERY year to the most peace-based action taken THAT YEAR. You cannot nor should not compare other years to each other. If the only peaceful thing that happened in a year was a fireman rescuing a kitten from a tree, that fireman would be awarded the prize.

So, on that note - I don't know if Putin deserves to win, but I'll DEFINITELY say that he's very eligible via this as his action/decision that downright prevented a global war.

Deleted
    Nobel Peace Prize lost all the credibility it still had when Obama got one. Don't really care who gets it, it most likely won't be someone who deserves it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    You are kidding? It was a joke when Obama got it, now you think Putin deserves it? This is like awarding the school bully an award for breaking up a fight once.
    If saving AT LEAST 1000 Syrian lives is not worth Peace Prize, than we have different values regarding what is worth saving.

And, if stoping 1 war and prevent another is like giving award to a high-school bully, then it is clear that you are just personally against Putin, and have no rational arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    No need to read it, my answer is no.
    And that's what an ignorant twat is.

If saving AT LEAST 1000 Syrian lives is not worth Peace Prize, than we have different values regarding what is worth saving.

And, if stoping 1 war and prevent another is like giving award to a high-school bully, then it is clear that you are just personally against Putin, and have no rational arguments.
    Saving at least 1000 Syrian lives (number courtesy of your racist asshole) so they can instead be murdered by Putin's dog Assad?