10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

Help plz Nvidia update status is messing up

K so i go to see if theres a new update right so i click on geforce experience and its not opening instead its giving me this: Unable to start NVIDIA Update Service due to "Cannot start service nvupdatusService on computer.'.'" Geforce experience must close.

Any ideas?
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Just delete geforce experience and manually reinstall your graphics cards driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Just delete geforce experience and manually reinstall your graphics cards driver.
    ^^ agreed, last update I did through geforce experience caused problems, so I uninstalled and downloaded manually and installed it myself

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    how do i uninstall the graphics card driver to reinstall it?
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Go to control panel and delete geforce experience. Then go to http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us and select your gpu model & OS version and download it. During the installation take custom and check perform clean install and don't select geforce experience.

Ignore the people saying to install Geforce Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    K so i go to see if theres a new update right so i click on geforce experience and its not opening instead its giving me this: Unable to start NVIDIA Update Service due to "Cannot start service nvupdatusService on computer.'.'" Geforce experience must close.

Any ideas?
    Ignore the people saying to install Geforce Experience. I noticed that the error mentions service, so I figured no harm in checking the services right? Basically what happened for me is that I disabled a ton of start-up services to make my computer boot faster, and apparently this was one and it was turned to "disabled" instead of manual. You can change the service "NVIDIA Update Service Daemon" to manual or automatic and then the program will load the next time you click it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaoson View Post
    Ignore the people saying to install Geforce Experience. I noticed that the error mentions service, so I figured no harm in checking the services right? Basically what happened for me is that I disabled a ton of start-up services to make my computer boot faster, and apparently this was one and it was turned to "disabled" instead of manual. You can change the service "NVIDIA Update Service Daemon" to manual or automatic and then the program will load the next time you click it.
    Thank you. This popup has been annoying me for some time now when I try to update. I just got annoyed enough to Google the answer and found your post among the first.

I hope this helps others and they ignore the other advice above.