Looking for a decent gaming keyboard.

Birthday is coming up and will have about £100 to spend, only condition is Green back lit.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Green is Razer's colour... why green?
    Have you looked into Madcatz keyboards? That particular model can have any colour you want.
    Last edited by Vargur; 2013-09-14 at 08:06 PM.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Green to match my pc case.

Switch wise i play League a lot, so what ever colour switch if you suggest mech keyboard.

Picked up one of the old IBM Model M's off ebay a couple weeks ago. Absolutely love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Christendom View Post
    Picked up one of the old IBM Model M's off ebay a couple weeks ago. Absolutely love it.
    If you can find one for a decent price, those old dinosaurs are still one of the best you can get.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Christendom View Post
    You need to mod it to get green lightning (and change the key-caps, which will be rather expensive). Also, many argue buckling springs to be sub-par for gaming compared to the more linear MX Blacks and Reds. Of course that is personal preference, but it's worth a mention.

Ducky offers great keyboards with different switch-configurations and back-lightning.
    Mionix Zibal 60 has green back-lightning and is a great choice.

There are membrane boards with RGB LEDs too, like the Logitech G110.

I might go with Razor Blackwidow Ultimate.

Any keyboard can be a good one, it's all personal preference, to be fair.

I used Windows 95 keyboard till it just died in 2010.

My point is that even though guy x and y like keyboard z it doesn't mean you will.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I might go with Razor Blackwidow Ultimate.
    Why didn't you just come flatout and say that you only wanted Razer gear? I don't understand the point of this thread considering you already knew what brand you wanted..

No, i asked because i wanted to see if there was an alternate to it.

The Zibal 60 is too much and discontinued and duckie means having to get it shipped from america.

Deleted
    I would avoid Razer even if it matches your case. Get one without backlight if you think white backlight clashes.

Deleted
    I've 2 Black Windows keyboards and both broke within 2 months, wouldn't get another.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    I am sure you can get Ducky in the UK. I will have to look to find a website really quick, so I will get back to you.

Edit: Ok, so from a UK site, it is a bit more than the £100 you said...

Ducky Shine 3 w/Cherry Brown and Green Backlight

Good luck
    Last edited by Idrinkwhiterussians; 2013-09-16 at 02:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Honestly once they come back into stock, the only keyboard I could ever recommend is CODE Mechanical Keyboard.

I mean except for the wrong color backlighting (I guess that's a hangup for you?) I can't imagine a more perfect keyboard. Fully customizable, Cherry MX clear switches (Clicky feel but no clicky sound), minimalist design... it's beautiful.