Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    no thank you
    Why not?

I agree that the Alliance does not have to have a "High King" who is the leader of all races, but rather that all races should have their own leaders to ensure their interests.

However it is true that the Alliance as a whole needs a representative, an organizer, ultimately, someone who can bring together all members of the Alliance to achieve the common objectives, and that is the task of the Supreme Commander of the Alliance.

The last Supreme Commander of the Alliance was the revered Sir Lothar. But now that Sir Lothar is dead, his heir, the High General Turalyon, must have that duty.

When Turalyon returns, I am sure he will accept willingly that role.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Given the massive "succes" of vol'jin becoming warchief, my vote goes to gelbin mekkatorque for "high" king of alliance, archpriestess of elune, prophet of draenei and member of council of three hammers. He will bring glory to alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Thank you for expressing my opinion before me. I agree. Alliance should be ruled by a council with leaders from each nation. Just like before this High King bullshit.
    "There must always be a High King."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    High General Turalyon as the new Supreme Commander of the Alliance! Calling it now!
    I'd support this for the simple reason that he's not a racial leader and so removes the problem of Varian over stepping the idea of his role purely being militaristic. The Alliance also needs a Paladin somewhere again as for a class that really came to define the Alliance there haven't been any major Alliance Paladins in a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not?

I agree that the Alliance does not have to have a "High King" who is the leader of all races, but rather that all races should have their own leaders to ensure their interests.

However it is true that the Alliance as a whole needs a representative, an organizer, ultimately, someone who can bring together all members of the Alliance to achieve the common objectives, and that is the task of the Supreme Commander of the Alliance.

The last Supreme Commander of the Alliance was the revered Sir Lothar. But now that Sir Lothar is dead, his heir, the High General Turalyon, must have that duty.

Turalyon would have the same effect as Varian as High King. Since most things happening in WoW is about a war of some sort, Turalyon will always occupy the front scene. People will then start bitching that they don't see the racial leaders enough. Or they will complain that they interact with a general of the Alliance, a servant of the racial leaders, while Horde players get to answer directly to their leaders.

Besides, Turalyon has been gone for 30 years! I repeat : 30 years! He has no idea of what happened during all this time. If he reappears next patch, maybe he could get that role the expansion after. But even then, it will probably WoW's last expansion, so Anduin will be leading the Army of the Light. Turalyon may be back, but he will never be Supreme Commander of the Alliance.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Turalyon would have the same effect as Varian as High King. Since most things happening in WoW is about a war of some sort, Turalyon will always occupy the front scene. People will then start bitching that they don't see the racial leaders enough. Or they will complain that they interact with a general of the Alliance, a servant of the racial leaders, while Horde players get to answer directly to their leaders.

Besides, Turalyon has been gone for 30 years! I repeat : 30 years! He has no idea of what happened during all this time. If he reappears next patch, maybe he could get that role the expansion after. But even then, it will probably WoW's last expansion, so Anduin will be leading the Army of the Light. Turalyon may be back, but he will never be Supreme Commander of the Alliance.
    Not at all. Varian is the leader of the humans of Stormwind, which makes him a completely biased leader of the Alliance.

The Alliance needs a new Supreme Commander, and I insist that the best for this position (once brought up to date) is the High General Turalyon

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all. Varian is the leader of the humans of Stormwind, which makes him a completely biased leader of the Alliance.

The Alliance needs a new Supreme Commander, and I insist that the best for this position (once brought up to date) is the High General Turalyon
    Not more biased than Thrall or Vol'jin as leader of the Horde. Also, Turalyon is a human, and as such, would probably fall under the authority of Varian. Besides, Anduin Lothar himself was not neutral at all. While he was Supreme Commander of the Alliance, he was also Regent or Steward of Azeroth (now Stormwind) while Varian was still in his minority. Technically, he had the power and status of a King, just like Bolvar Fordragon while Varian was missing. When Lothar died, King Terenas II took his place as leader of the Alliance, with Turalyon appointed by Terenas as its Supreme Commander. The King of Lordaeron succeeded to the Regent Lord of Azeroth at the head of the Alliance.

Funny you ask, you course only:

lil' evil Jaina Proudmoore can be the alliance leader, and its not even unlikely, too as closest advisor to King Varian.

- - - Updated - - -

High General Turalyon as the new Supreme Commander of the Alliance! Calling it now!
    he is missed in action(MIA) proberly on a demon world. if he comes ever back he might be turned to evil/possessed.

Might be very fun he returns and instantly starts a civil war to purge his non-human neighbors from his realm, to weaken the alliance from within and prepare a BL invasion.

Sky Admiral Rogers for High Queen!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    "There must always be a High King."
    "No High King rules forever my son"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    "No High King rules forever my son"
    "Father, is it over?"
    No, my son. You will respawn in 2 hours."

Why not?

Turalyon has been away for decades. When last he was around, the orcs were being rounded up in internment camps, the elves of Quel'Thalas were still friendly to humans, and nobody had even a clue that Kalimdor existed, let alone the races living on it. There was no Lich King, no Scourge, and what the fuck are these Old Gods you're speaking of? The terrible things that happened during and Mists of Pandaria involve places and people he would never even have heard of. If the Alliance is to be led by anyone, it should be someone who knows about all of these things.

My personal vote goes to the Night Elves. They were fighting for Azeroth's preservation before humans even existed. Ideally the political side of things would be handled by a council, but in times of war, Shandris Feathermoon for Supreme Commander 2013.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Turalyon is a human, and as such, would probably fall under the authority of Varian.
    Probably not. He's on the same position of Tirion Fordring, a member of the fallen kingdom of Lordaeron, and Varian is not the leader of the human race, he's just the leader of the kingdom of Stormwind. Difference between Tirion and Turalyon is that the latter has never been exiled, but just "missed in action", so he remained a member of the Alliance all along.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    "Father, is it over?"
    No, my son. You will respawn in 2 hours."
    "Damn it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Its in the name "Alliance" whatever about anduin for stormwind, But the leader of the alliance is a wrong statement , there is no single leader of the UN as an example or the EU, its a commity or well "council" per - say, this would work well with the "Alliance"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Extoz View Post
    Its in the name "Alliance" whatever about anduin for stormwind, But the leader of the alliance is a wrong statement , there is no single leader of the UN as an example or the EU, its a commity or well "council" per - say, this would work well with the "Alliance"
    Yeah, they should make the Alliance as weak as the UN or EU...

No, thank you. The Alliance is closer to NATO. And even that is not entirely true.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlokyldoreifanggore View Post
    No, Tirion Fordring has made it pretty clear in past expansions (before he moved out of his hut in EP, even) that he sees neither true good or evil in the Alliance or Horde, and that he is not even remotely interested in any racial warfare between the two. I like him a lot, but the only alliance-esque thing I'd want him doing is putting Ashbringer through Sylvanas's skull if she tries to plague the land (even more) that he's purified.

If anything I'd like to see Genn Greymane, and the Gilnean worgen take charge. Seeing as how the Gilneans have strong ties to the elves and stronger ties to the humans, I think they'd be the capable race of ensuring that Kalimdor and the EK's forces are united enough to take charge. Or just appoint Moira in charge. Let the little lady strut her stuff and make the Alliance a dark and powerful force willing to do whatever it takes to "honorably" advance their position.
    This, all the lore behind Tirion shows him a factionless bro. He is cool, but he remains that way by being his own side.

Also, Tyrande Whisperwind.

Her thousands of years of leadership > everyone else lololol.

Though I guess there is Velen but /snore he never talks. =/
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    This, all the lore behind Tirion shows him a factionless bro. He is cool, but he remains that way by being his own side.

Also, Tyrande Whisperwind.

Her thousands of years of leadership > everyone else lololol.

Though I guess there is Velen but /snore he never talks. =/
    To be honest, I wouldn't chose Velen. I mean his first thought when the Cataclysm started was "yea, how about we flee?". I can understand his reasoning, but when fighting the Legion you need to take a stand at some point, and he was not willing to do so.

As I said, council would be best. One representative from each race:
    Jaina Proudmoore from the humans (she is the one that united many of the Alliance races originally and she has shown great wisdom from a young age).
    Genn Greymane from the worgen (or Darius Crowley if Genn decides he's too old for this, Genn fits well the role of Saurfang for the Alliance, he had a past that came and bit him in the ass with him sealing himself from the world just as Saurfang drank demon blood and their sons died or Darius's daughter since she has shown she is willing to fight for her lands and her people).
    Shandris Feathermoon from the night elves (while Tyrande led her people for 10k years, she is too quick to judge sometimes and her businesses with Elune keep her occupied, and Malfurion is neutral, Shandris judges the situation and has a network of spies everywhere, she's the Mathias Shaw of night elves only more badass).
    Moira (the other Dwarven council leaders wouldn't dare leave from Ironforge and let Moira deal with only one other, but they do know that outside, when she's not fighting for power within the dwarven council, she'd fight for the will of the dwarves, which make her an ideal member of an Alliance council, as it's a win-win, Moira fights for the dwarves with the decisions she wants, but she doesn't fight the other dwarf clans for them).
    Gelbin (there is no other, unless they develop one, gnome leadership and lore suffers).
    Nobundo (Velen is too neutral and preocupied with his visions, Nobundo is the hard stance the draenei need).

Essentially these figures would become the leaders of the Alliance in a way.
    Jaina would be the leader of the humans, while Varian would lead the military campaigns himself, as he likes, let's be honest, he's not much of a diplomat and Anduin could learn more about the Light and make contact with different races of Azeroth.
    Shandris would lead the night elves while Malfurion is neutral and Tyrande steps down to take care of the more priestly side of the night elves, both remaining as advisors so to say.
    Moira would still be in the council with the other two, but she'd represent the dwarves outside Ironforge while Muradin and Falstad would represent it inside Ironforge.
    Gelbin is Gelbin.
    Nobundo could finally unite his people, the draenei with the broken ones.
    And Aysa? I don't know, the pandaren don't feel much attached as a faction fully to either Horde or Alliance, they're more of a "some adventurers from their lands joined the Horde, some the Alliance".