Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Timeless Island Rare Loot Cap

I spend 14 hours today running around and just killing rares and made a good couple thousand coins.

I partied with a friend of mine and noticed that he got loot off every kill.
    and got reduced loot after killing the same rare multiple times.

As i didnt get any vanities after kill 100+ rares.

My thoughts are that vanities only have a high chance of dropping from rare mobs once a day on the first kill.
    And that vanity drops work of the same loot system and have lower chance to drop after each rare kill instead of the opposite.

Maybe it is just pure bad RNG for me, but has any1 else successfully gotten vanity loots after their 1st/2nd/3rd kill of a rare mob in ONE day?

Just need to know if it is more viable for me to hunt specific vanity rare mobs or if roaming around and killing the same rare multiple times would increase the drop rate.

------
    Edit:
    ------

Just thinking about it now.
    All the people i know personally have looted Huolon mount on their first kill of the day
    Last edited by Sanguinezor; 2013-09-14 at 10:38 PM.

Deleted
    Personally I think it's all about rng. I've been having a really bad run recently.
    Ive killed both huohan and the dread ship and got nothing but coins and gold, took my daughter and killed the ship today and shr got the rare item from it whilst I didn't

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sostratus View Post
    Personally I think it's all about rng. I've been having a really bad run recently.
    Ive killed both huohan and the dread ship and got nothing but coins and gold, took my daughter and killed the ship today and shr got the rare item from it whilst I didn't
    Really? I thought the drop from the ship was 100%.

As for the vanity items and the kill counter, I don't think they're related. There are a multitude of posts all over the official wow forums and wowhead by people claiming to have got it on their 2nd+ kill of the day, you can argue they're all liars but that seems to be twisting things to fit your argument to the point that there's no point in arguing and you may as well just believe whatever you want.

After camping Garnia for almost 3 days now, it's certainly feeling like the drops just don't exist though.

Very first kill ever doesn't count for the daily limit, so you could get something on your 2nd kill in a day.

I just know that Archierus of Flame eventually stopped giving me anything but Epoch stones yesterday after a couple kills. Definitely had killed him before yesterday, and I definitely still got stuff on my 2nd kill yesterday. But just epoch stones on 3rd and 4th (did 4th just to double-check)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Seems like my thoughts were confirmed today.
    First 3 kills and got loot from all 3 and loads of coins.
    Doesnt seem worthwhile just hunting rares all day.

This is a information post now

Personally I do not believe that is happening, at least not beyond the first kill.
    There are two quests for each rare, one which tracks the first kill.
    One that tracks a kill each day which prevents it being killed multiple times in a single day as credit for the 5 rares daily.

I cannot see any requirements stated on either to indicate tracking a number of kills.

I've gotten one rare drop off of first kill-golganarr
    I've gotten one rare pet drop off multiple kills of garnia

Deleted
    Got the mount of Huo Shang on my tenth kill of it.

So I think it's all RNG really.

Hmm... I know that every rare does have trackers for very first kills and first daily kills, so it may be possible.

Tracking Quest - First - Houlon - Quest
    Tracking Quest - Daily - Houlon - Quest

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Very first kill ever doesn't count for the daily limit, so you could get something on your 2nd kill in a day.

I just know that Archierus of Flame eventually stopped giving me anything but Epoch stones yesterday after a couple kills. Definitely had killed him before yesterday, and I definitely still got stuff on my 2nd kill yesterday. But just epoch stones on 3rd and 4th (did 4th just to double-check)
    I killed that guy 6 times last night, first 3 kills I got loot from him, A burden on the first, a rare BOA 300% XP boost item the second, then coins and stones the 3rd. after that i couldn't even loot him anymore.

Deleted
    well, i'm a rare hunter by default :P

that being said, i hunted Cinderfall nearly every spawn from patch day, - sleep , and just got the falling flame ( which is the most awesome item in hinstory btw ) yesterday

HOWEVER , i killed him 3 times today, and got 2 more falling flames, so it seems you're not prevented from their vanity items after the 1st kill of the day

also noticed i got 2x blizzard stones today as well

edit, mount of huolon came off the ~15th kill or so

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmiSc View Post
    well, i'm a rare hunter by default :P
    HOWEVER , i killed him 3 times today, and got 2 more falling flames, so it seems you're not prevented from their vanity items after the 1st kill of the day

also noticed i got 2x blizzard stones today as well
    Still within my thoughts.

edit, mount of huolon came off the ~15th kill or so
    In ONE day? How many kills did you do before it dropped in that same day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    Still within my thoughts.

In ONE day? How many kills did you do before it dropped in that same day

i got multiple drops of falling flame, off Cinderfall , today 2 kills with no drop, then 2 kills one after another with the item

did you really think huolon's mount dropped twice in a day ? o.O why would anyone want it to drop twice anyway ?

did you really think huolon's mount dropped twice in a day ? o.O why would anyone want it to drop twice anyway ?
    I have no idea what you are talking about.

Deleted
    lolz...look at what you quoted from my previous post, i mean how can you NOT have an idea what i'm talking about ? or this is some weird kinky troll

lolz...look at what you quoted from my previous post, i mean how can you NOT have an idea what i'm talking about ? or this is some weird kinky troll
    Sorry, mate.
    This is a serious post on peoples thoughts but i think you should reread what i wrote instead of flaming

Deleted
    i'll give up , there's some sort of misunderstanding here

at any rate , to make it clearer for you : mount Huolon , after about a TOTAL of 15 kills, it was NOT the first kill of the day , most likely it was my 5th or 6th kill of Huolon of that day

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't even realise Huolan dropped a mount until recentley, looks nice but I got lucky obtaining the Sha mount the other day (which is, well, pretty sexy to me).

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I got was the ship skeleton transformation thingy.
    Killed like 30 rares yesterday.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Do pets count as vanity loot? Because I got my swarmling, my ruby droplet, and my gulp frog all from non-first daily kills.

In fact the only thing I've actually obtained from a daily first kill was the Houlon mount.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice