Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    He's one of my favorites from WC3 so I hope he starts being a badass in a legion/Azshara expansion

Deleted
    To be honest, I was hoping that, if at least they decide to make the Alliance stand united under one leader, at least it would be someone established, someone who actually made the new Alliance what it is... and that is Malfurion. Malfurion was the one who did decide to listen to the Prophet and join with the Alliance, Malfurion teamed up even with blood elves to stop Illidan. Malfurion felt he was responsible for the worgen curse etc. But noooo, we got Varian. It would have still been acceptable if we would have gotten Jaina, the other character responsible for the existance of the Alliance, leading the armies with a council from each race, but again, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    Well he didn't really fit in with the whole story of Mists. Maybe we'll see him again in the next expansion though.
    Pandaren are about balancing your emotions. Druids are about balance.
    Pandaren balance their feelings, druids let them out.
    Pandaren have animal "gods". Druids have the Ancients, which are mostly animals.

Yea, you're right, I see no connection between Malfurion and pandaren.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorqin View Post
    They had to sideline him or he would have out-shined Varian inside the Alliance. Blizz wants a Human centric Alliance with Varian as it's end all be all leader, that can't happen with a guy like Malfurion around.
    Yea, pity that a human centered Alliance is just boring and uninspired and makes the whole faction boring even if the faction does have some unique races.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    IMO he shouldn't even be leader of the night elves. Leader of he Druids? Yes.

Shandris Feathermoon and Jarod Shadowsong should be. Having younger leaders would be the change the Night elves need.
    Agreed. They should be put in the spotlight for night elves as they're better then the current leaders.

Malfurion has become captain Planet, he doesn't have time for his people anymore, he must protect the planet!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I never really made the connection before, but Thrall and Malfurion are kind of counterparts. Both are of seperate factions but accept help from the opposing faction as a temporarily neutral character on the grounds that they cannot defeat their current nemesis without a substantial force of volunteers.

Malfurion defeated and "destroyed" Ragnaros. Thrall defeated and destroyed Deathwing. Both had help from a great deal of other people but they, specifically, came in at the very last moment to claim victory.
    True, the only difference is that Thrall was Horde and now will probably return to the Horde. Malfurion though is not Alliance and never really was. Before his sleep he was with the Sentinels as that was the night elf+friends faction. But night elves joined the Alliance after he went to sleep. When he woke up the deed was done, yet he didn't really join the Alliance, he went neutral. To compare, Hamuul Runetotem, the druid leader on the Horde side... did not go neutral. He just went neutral for Hyjal, but in Thunder Bluff he still gives Horde quests to Horde players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    No, lorewise Malfurion is the leader of the Cenarion Circle, which until the events of the third war was exclusively night elf members but they are *Druid* not *Night Elf* affiliated and there is a difference, one they have been lackluster at emphasizing. Any storyline with Druids in it will *need* him there, Night Elf storylines don't, and tend to be better off without him.
    This too. Malfurion originally as he was in WC3 might have worked as an Alliance leader easily. However, Blizzard decided to make him neutral and since his awakening in Cataclysm we got neutral stuff and Blizzard keeps saying they're giving the night elf players what they want... when in truth they're just making the night elves look like just "Captain Planet and friends" which just makes them look dumb.

Now, the appearance we had from Tyrande in SoO, that is what people who love night elves do want (talking about the gate appearance, not about her sitting next to Garrosh's corpse saying nothing).

since wota Malfurion was the leader of the night elf and tyrande was a sorta of religious figure being the priestess of elune it was him that banished the belfs from ashenvale and was him that leaded the mount hijal battle; then for some reason blizzard swapped their role in wow when they decided to put malfurion in sleep mode; actually lorewise Malfurion is in the alliance what thrall is in horde (especially after 5.4 conclusion), both are the most powerfull in their faction, both are the head of a neutral organization (the circle and the ring ) both are willing to accept help from the other faction without actually become completely neutral and last they are the only merried leader (lol) , they are in fact alot alike.
    What i don't get in the whole story is why blizzard try soo hard to pump up Anduin and Varian when there is already Malfurion.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Tyrande: Soooo Malfurion you want to go behind that tree for some druid action ?
    Malfurion: Sorry I cant I am neutral.

Malfurion defeated and "destroyed" Ragnaros. Thrall defeated and destroyed Deathwing. Both had help from a great deal of other people but they, specifically, came in at the very last moment to claim victory.
    Kill stealing!

He's cheating on Tyrande with his one true love, Nordrassil.
    Quote Originally Posted by jai151
    Garrosh Hellscream, because when the world's already gone to hell, it takes a special kind of orc to make it worse.

He was a joke in Cataclysm, I think most people remember him as the guy Leyara was pissed off at.

Even as an Alliance fan, I think we should have subtly killed him off some time at the end of Cata.

He is one of Metzen's two alter egos. Thrall is his Horde one and Malfurion is the Alliance one. Metzen likes the Horde more, hence Malfurion is currently rotting in Darnassus and forced to tell Tyrande how good she looks after 10k years. Both of them areso horribly overpowered to the point where even the Akira Toriyama can only shake his head. Anyway, it is better for the story if both of them get as little screen time as possible. Metzen already forced his Mary-Sue #1 back into the current plot lines after the other guys finally got rid of him at the beginning of MoP.

Deleted
    Personally, I would love for Blizzard to put him into Illidan's shoes. Malfurion is faced with a situation to either use some demonic power or to let Tyrande die. Maybe he will act as the same way and finally understand and appreciate his brothers actions, thus making them best friends or something. (We all know Illidan is coming back)

10+ Year Old Account
    Did everybody forget he was also in darkshore holding onto a vortex so it wouldnt destroy the land?

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    He is one of Metzen's two alter egos. Thrall is his Horde one and Malfurion is the Alliance one. Metzen likes the Horde more, hence Malfurion is currently rotting in Darnassus and forced to tell Tyrande how good she looks after 10k years. Both of them areso horribly overpowered to the point where even the Akira Toriyama can only shake his head. Anyway, it is better for the story if both of them get as little screen time as possible. Metzen already forced his Mary-Sue #1 back into the current plot lines after the other guys finally got rid of him at the beginning of MoP.
    I'll bet peoples start to say this bs about Anduin and Velen once we find out they are the main heros against the legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Pandaren have animal "gods". Druids have the Ancients, which are mostly animals.

Just because they share some vaguely similar ideal does not mean there is a connection. There are no druids on Pandaria. Their connection to the spirits and the land is quite different then a druid's. If anything, they are more shamanistic and yet Thrall and the Earthen Ring were not involved with Pandaria either. I think it worked better that way. Instead of trying to link their believes to one of the schools of thought we already knew, they were able to take center stage and stand on their own.

I love it when people come up with these crazy ideas and state them as fact. Yes, I am sure that is exactly what happened. All the story and quest writers and Blizzard did whatever they could to get Thrall out of the game and then Metzen burst into the room, grabbed the nearest writer by the back of the neck, and shoved him in front of a computer saying "You will write Thrall back into the story or you are all fired!" Yep. That's totally what happened. It's not like people were clamoring at the end of Cata for Thrall to return to the Horde so much so that when it was announced at Blizzcon that "The Horde would get their Warchief back," there was tremendous applause or anything...

Malfurion is nothing like Thrall. He was never involved heavily with AA in the first place. Thrall never went full neutral. He just pretended to be. Cata would have been better if it was Malfurion who was central character not Thrall. Malfurion has his stories with all of the aspects since WotA. He was the one who stole Dragon Soul from DW's own lair. Thrall shouldn't have left the horde. He will always be viewed as horde's character not neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Blizzard should park him where he can't do any more harm. They either need to make him FULLY neutral or get rid of his neutrality. The half way house doesn't work. This is a situation where co-rule doesn't work.
    Blizz should plonk him down in Moonglade with his precious neutral fellow druids and leave alliance affairs to Tyrande, or even better: let Shandris Feathermoon run the night elves for a while, she can't possibly do a worse job than has been done so far... (This might even be a nice lead-in for a bit more proactive stance from the sentinels, this "Dying in droves to show how strong the horde is"-crap needs to end

Characters in the WoW universe become cheap if Bizzard insists on creating convoluted, nonsensical reasons to have them appear at the opening of every envelope... every patch, every expansion.

It is in YOUR interests (if you're a fan of Malfurion) that Blizzard decided not to do this with him in MOP. He'll easily get a proper place to shine again with another expansion, there's no need to try and force him to have an unnecessary role/reason to be in MOP when it clearly isnt needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post

Those are all a pretty big stretch
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    Maybe he is just taking a nap.
    This made me laugh so hard haha.

Its the nature of WoW at this point, certain characters are going to be sidelined for an entire expansion so others can get "stage time".

Although I thought it would be appropriate for a druid like Malfurion to help heal the land after Garrosh destroyed Vale, but I guess the Sha energy is something maybe the druids cannot deal with. Also we see the Vale getting healed by Shaohao after defeating Garrosh in Siege of Org

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    I'll bet peoples start to say this bs about Anduin and Velen once we find out they are the main heros against the legion.
    Hmm if Velen starts to conjure up the cleansing light of 10.000 (fav wow number of all times) suns (because we need someting of interplanetary dimensions) to eradicate (because it sounds nicer than just burning) Sageras (because we need some OP mofo as the recipient) by sacrificing himself (to make it more heroic drama) and Anduin becomes the first pope (for lolz) in memory of his heroic deed (to spawn a new neutral faction to grind reputation), yeah people might say so and rightfully so.

But I get it, I did forget that not only Metzen made these two characters OP, Thrall, pardon me Go'el the Green, is also extremly OP because of Golden and Malfurion got part of his OPnes from Knaak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Malfurion does not deserve to return..... his inaction led to the chain of events that gave Fandral support. His inaction cost the Night elves Ashenvale, Azshara, and his inaction led to Maiev's betrayal.

If he ever does crawl his way back, he better learn what is important, he has a responsibility to his people as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Also let me make this a groaner

In Tyrande's short story.. we all know who has a bit of a "dysfunction". For the master of all that is nature, he sure does not know that some plants can help with that.

Hmm if Velen starts to conjure up the cleansing light of 10.000 (fav wow number of all times) suns (because we need someting of interplanetary dimensions) to eradicate (because it sounds nicer than just burning) Sageras (because we need some OP mofo as the recipient) by sacrificing himself (to make it more heroic drama) and Anduin becomes the first pope (for lolz) in memory of his heroic deed (to spawn a new neutral faction to grind reputation), yeah people might say so and rightfully so.

But I get it, I did forget that not only Metzen made these two characters OP, Thrall, pardon me Go'el the Green, is also extremly OP because of Golden and Malfurion got part of his OPnes from Knaak.
    Mal has been OP since original WotA version where he soloed Azshara and the portal exploded because of their awesomeness and there was WC3 too.

- - - Updated - - -

Mal has been OP since original WotA version where he soloed Azshara and the portal exploded because of their awesomeness and there was WC3 too.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never really made the connection before, but Thrall and Malfurion are kind of counterparts. Both are of seperate factions but accept help from the opposing faction as a temporarily neutral character on the grounds that they cannot defeat their current nemesis without a substantial force of volunteers.

Actually Malfurion's counterpart is Hamuul Runetotem, a Horde Druid who does everything Malfurion does in Cataclysm. It was Malfurion and Hamuul in Firelands. Don't play Malfurion up or Thrall down. Green Jesus was the star of Cataclysm.

Malfurion played no part in 4.3 onwards. In game he is neutral. It's rather depressing that he's done so little in the game to say he is such a major character in terms of the Night Elves, the Alliance and Warcraft itself.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )