Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    I still believe the reason why his role was cut short in cata was to allow for a bigger role against the naga and their fish queen. He will play a vital role in the war on Azhara and her masters.

  2. #82
    Malfurion should have never been put into AvH in the first place. It put him in really awkward situation. His power level is in level of legend of the past like Medivh and Aegwyn. Freaking Medivh called Malfurion "Shan'do" in WC3.

    Thrall holding DS and channel the Aspects's power is actually not really that impressive considering that Malfurion used DS to shut down the WoE itself with only help from Illidan. He did that when he was a "young scholar".

    One could say he is Azeroth's favored child.

  3. #83
    Brewmaster Rhaide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    KPAX
    Posts
    1,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarry View Post
    He would outshine Varian and metzen likes the characters he voices to normaly be over the top chars and the center of attention..
    Haters gonna hate.

    People love to blame metzen for stuff that has nothing to do with him. The decision is OBVIOUSLY lore based, not what you ignorantly describe here.
    "When you do things right, people won't be sure you have done anything at all."

    -God (Futurama)

  4. #84
    The next expansion will probably be Ashzara or the Legion, either one would suit a Malfurion appearance perfectly.
    And a Tyrande, who is also neglected.

  5. #85
    I just wish his model looked more like a druid and less like the San Diego Chicken

  6. #86
    He's probably just taking some time to think things out. He turned into a moosechicken and his wife is suddenly Jamaican. It's a lot to figure out.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Haters gonna hate.

    People love to blame metzen for stuff that has nothing to do with him. The decision is OBVIOUSLY lore based, not what you ignorantly describe here.
    It's probably a bit of both, but you can't deny really Metzen voices who are debatably the two most over the top Mary Sue characters in WoW today.
    Varian and Thrall are pretty much atypical "Never gonna lose, always come out on top, always the center when they're involved." type guys.

    So I guess there is a case of "I don't want Malfy to step in and invalidate Varian", but I think it's more a case of "I don't want Malfy to step in and invalidate EVERYONE."
    He's ridiculously powerful, we already have Thrall who is no doubt near his levels at least, how can they possibly have anything left for us, the player to do, when there are two active Malfurion level guys walking around?
    All Quests would be "Bake Malfurion a cake for when he gets back from saving the world again."

  8. #88
    I think the general of the alliance that went into the dark portal and wasn't seen again is going to be the big alliance hero, sure malfurion is awesome and stuff I just think this pally is contributing some awesomeness to hold something back, and when he shows hiss face again it will be a magnificent day. Turalyon the great they will call him lol.

  9. #89
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    197
    Anduin makes infinitely more sense in the context of the current story. I hope we'll see Malfurion again, next expansion, but Anduin is so much more interesting to me. Show me a character develop instead of one who's already Super Awesome Guy #9867.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    Well he didn't really fit in with the whole story of Mists. Maybe we'll see him again in the next expansion though.
    Ofc he did! Arch druid to help heal the infected land!. I love malfurion

  11. #91
    Why would you WANT Malfurion back?

    He's an egotistical, hypocritical bastard who should be booted out of Night Elf society the first chance they get.

    Fun fact. Druids are immortal. They still have immortality as when they are about to die, they just have to visit the emerald dream, and when their bodies die, their spirits live on there. They can from there influence the rest of Azeroth, appear in spirit form to talk to loved ones, and guide the course of evolution from inside the dream.

    Fun fact. Malfurion is against regaining immortality for the Night Elves.

    Fun fact. Druids use the waters from Moonwells, which are arcane magic (even if purified), yet until recently Arcane magic was "banned" from Night Elf society.

    Malfurion, and Druids in general, are no better than the Highborne. Arrogant, elitist, assholes who should be executed on principle alone.

    The best part? The last "druid" we saw in the Alliance committed treason, disobeyed direct orders from her superior officer, attacked an Alliance ship, and aided the Horde.

    And I swear to whatever god Blizzard worships, if they give Azshara to Malfurion instead of Tyrande I will find a way to make ghosts real so I can have one haunt their asses into insanity.
    Ferlion <level 85 Druid - Proudmoore>
    Formerly known as the Warlock Shadowsouled - Windrunner

    Proud poster of the Story Forums. I got your faction wank right here.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by ruinshin View Post
    Why would you WANT Malfurion back?

    He's an egotistical, hypocritical bastard who should be booted out of Night Elf society the first chance they get.

    Fun fact. Druids are immortal. They still have immortality as when they are about to die, they just have to visit the emerald dream, and when their bodies die, their spirits live on there. They can from there influence the rest of Azeroth, appear in spirit form to talk to loved ones, and guide the course of evolution from inside the dream.

    Fun fact. Malfurion is against regaining immortality for the Night Elves.

    Fun fact. Druids use the waters from Moonwells, which are arcane magic (even if purified), yet until recently Arcane magic was "banned" from Night Elf society.

    Malfurion, and Druids in general, are no better than the Highborne. Arrogant, elitist, assholes who should be executed on principle alone.

    The best part? The last "druid" we saw in the Alliance committed treason, disobeyed direct orders from her superior officer, attacked an Alliance ship, and aided the Horde.

    And I swear to whatever god Blizzard worships, if they give Azshara to Malfurion instead of Tyrande I will find a way to make ghosts real so I can have one haunt their asses into insanity.
    1. Druids are not immortal jsut like the rest of NE. Where did you get that from?
    2. Malfurion has never used Moonwell to enchance his power. Source?

    Since WoW, Blizzard has never portrayed NE as the race that relies on moonwell as their source for power like in WC3(which was largely game mechanic) anymore. It is now mostly spiritual place.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2013-09-19 at 11:17 PM.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    1. Druids are not immortal jsut like the rest of NE. Where did you get that from?
    2. Malfurion has never used Moonwell to enchance his power. Source?

    Since WoW, Blizzard has never portrayed NE as the race that relies on moonwell as their source for power like in WC3(which was largely game mechanic) anymore. It is now mostly spiritual place.
    1.) Nope. See Stormrage. People who die in body while in the emerald dream live there in, and time has no hold in ED. Confirmed immortality came from Loreology who said its ED specific. He's blizzards historian.

    2.) Teldrassil questing, filling the vials quest chain.

    3.) Hyjal made use of moonwells.
    Ferlion <level 85 Druid - Proudmoore>
    Formerly known as the Warlock Shadowsouled - Windrunner

    Proud poster of the Story Forums. I got your faction wank right here.

  14. #94
    Pit Lord Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    My Warchief's side and command
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    I still believe the reason why his role was cut short in cata was to allow for a bigger role against the naga and their fish queen. He will play a vital role in the war on Azhara and her masters.
    Probably. And honestly, the whole plot with Deathwing, the former Aspect of Earth, had too much links with the elemental magic, which is a common theme of the Old Gods too, considering their strong connection with the Elemental Lords. The greatest reason for which Ragnaros had the most of his involvement with Malfurion/Hamuul instead of Thrall is because Ragnaros was threatening the World Tree itself (like Archimonde did before him).

  15. #95
    Should not all druids be neutral like Mal? Ain't all player druids in the Cenarion Circle?

  16. #96
    Looking back on it I think I would've preferred to see Malfurion as the pseudo-leader of the Alliance instead of Varian. Cut the whole Emerald Nightmare crap, kill off Varian back when he was still a Naga captive, grow Anduin into the human leader, and have a story arc focusing on Malfurion reluctantly coming to terms with leading many races and going to war with others. Maybe give him a reason to prefer Alliance company over Horde like they did with Jaina... but without the horrid makeover and personality shift. Something involving Ashenvale?

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverware View Post
    Looking back on it I think I would've preferred to see Malfurion as the pseudo-leader of the Alliance instead of Varian. Cut the whole Emerald Nightmare crap, kill off Varian back when he was still a Naga captive, grow Anduin into the human leader, and have a story arc focusing on Malfurion reluctantly coming to terms with leading many races and going to war with others. Maybe give him a reason to prefer Alliance company over Horde like they did with Jaina... but without the horrid makeover and personality shift. Something involving Ashenvale?
    While I wouldn't have minded a non human in that role, I think I'd have preferred Magni or Muradin or Tyrande instead of Malfurian.
    "If you have to believe it on faith, you have no reason to believe it at all.” Aron Ra

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Heh, probably. Everytime I'm going to raid Darnassus and I see Malfurion sitting there while we're going to kill his wife, unattackable because lorewise he's somehow neutral, make his presence in the city and in the very place where Tyrande is a bit silly.
    Heh, make him attackable. But any Druid in the raid gets borked back to level 1. Permanently.

  19. #99
    Pit Lord Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    My Warchief's side and command
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas the Priest View Post
    Heh, make him attackable. But any Druid in the raid gets borked back to level 1. Permanently.
    Pleased that my only druid is also my only Alliance character.

  20. #100
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverware View Post
    Looking back on it I think I would've preferred to see Malfurion as the pseudo-leader of the Alliance instead of Varian. Cut the whole Emerald Nightmare crap, kill off Varian back when he was still a Naga captive, grow Anduin into the human leader, and have a story arc focusing on Malfurion reluctantly coming to terms with leading many races and going to war with others. Maybe give him a reason to prefer Alliance company over Horde like they did with Jaina... but without the horrid makeover and personality shift. Something involving Ashenvale?
    Anduin and Malfurion as leaders?

    Jesus Christ I didn't think it would be possible to make the Cata-MoP Alliance storyline even more boring.

    They'd probably show up at Orgrimmar drop their pants and bend over and just wait for Garrosh to thrust into them

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •