Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    IMO he shouldn't even be leader of the night elves. Leader of he Druids? Yes.

shandris feathermoon and Jarod Shadowsong should be. Having younger leaders would be the change the Night elves need.
    You do realize that they aren't much younger than him right? They were both active during the time BEFORE illidan turned bad and the first war happened. Ronin had dealing with them in the past when he was sent back by the bronze Krasus

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    1. They still age and die like others. They won't be able to come back to life. Do wisps count as immortal? no, they are spirit. Immortal in WC means you don't die from aging.
    2. Malfurion has never used any of the well to enhance his power in Hyjal nor in Teldrassil. He wasn't even there in starting zone.

This is not WC3 anymore. You don't see NE's army using moonwell to enhance them. Not to mention moonwell's lore is really vague in itself. "Moonwells are bound to the magic of nature and the light of Elune" this statement from Wowpedia could be interpretted moonwell and non arcane too.
    1) Their life doesn't end like others, they can touch Azeroth as they please (again, multiple examples of Druids popping out of the Emerald Dream in spirit, one of which who's body was dead). They retain memory, sense of self, and can influence the world. Even Sean Copeland indicates it fits the terms of immortality when he said it was something specific to the Emerald Dream.

2) It's flat out said Druids use the waters from moon wells to enhance their power.

3) We already know where Moonwells come from. It's not all that vague. It's flat out said to come from the Well of Eternity in several sources, including the Hyjal dailies where they make a Moonwell.

Among it's gifts was magic foot sprouting up around it. As you'll recall, WC3 had Moonwells act as food production units..
    Ferlion <level 85 Druid - Proudmoore>
    Formerly known as the Warlock Shadowsouled - Windrunner

Proud poster of the Story Forums. I got your faction wank right here.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    So after being a central character in the rts and in many books the only apparence we got for him in wow for year was a cameo in the scepter quest chain, then cata come and they take him out of the fridge only to let him chill again in darnassus? Is there really no chance to see him again back in action? Maybe as thrall counterpart for the alliance?
    What i don't get why blizzard still investing alot of time and resource to build up anduin (in a similar way they have done to thrall) when alliance already have a champion with a well estabilished lore that isn't really neutral (like tirion that still out of the alliance)?
    He's making sandwiches for Tyrande and her crew for when they get back from the siege.

shandris feathermoon and Jarod Shadowsong should be. Having younger leaders would be the change the Night elves need.
    um.... what? jarod is like the same age if not older than malfurion...
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account

he isn't the leader of the night elves... tyrande is. or well... they are both... like king/queen type thing xD But I think Tyrande has more say in political matters seeing how Malfy has to take emerald naps for years at a time...
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-09-22 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    he isn't the leader of the night elves... tyrande is. or well... they are both... like king/queen type thing xD But I think Tyrande has more say in political matters seeing how Malfy has to take emerald naps for years at a time...
    To use a tv tropes term, it depends on the writer. In Wolfheart they both actually seemed to have equal say in things. But in game the way it's been playing out is 'Tyrande is night elf leader and Malfurion is CC leader.' with Malfy NEVER showing up in any horde/alliance conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    um.... what? jarod is like the same age if not older than malfurion...
    Malfurion is at least 1,000 years older than Jarod as per Wolfheart.

As for who leads..

Tyrande has ruled the Night Elves for 10,000 years with Malfurion being an adviser or underling. She's probably given him tasks to manage without checking, but no leadership.

It wasn't until Stormrage, when Tyrande and Malfurion got married, that Malfurion gained co-leadership status, and only then because Tyrande forced him to take it. Tyrande still has more political power though. She gave him leadership, she can take it away.

Quote Originally Posted by ruinshin View Post

As for who leads..

Tyrande has ruled the Night Elves for 10,000 years with Malfurion being an adviser or underling. She's probably given him tasks to manage without checking, but no leadership.

It wasn't until Stormrage, when Tyrande and Malfurion got married, that Malfurion gained co-leadership status, and only then because Tyrande forced him to take it. Tyrande still has more political power though. She gave him leadership, she can take it away.
    Wat? Both were adult night elves in the war of the ancients. How does that make Malfy much older than him?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ruinshin View Post

As for who leads..

When they were both around together in WC 3 they looked like co leaders to me.

Quote Originally Posted by loganroth51 View Post
    If we have a legion based expansion, we will most likely see a lot of Malfurion.

Yeah, so busy being neutral and kissing Horde ass that he totally screws up interacting with his own people causing a faction of Night Elves to embrace the idea of becoming Satyrs if it means that get to have justice and vengeance.

Because it seemed like he totally didn't get that he was partially responsible for the creation of the Flame druids.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Wat? Both were adult night elves in the war of the ancients. How does that make Malfy much older than him?
    Night Elves were still immortal from the Well of Eternity. War of the Ancients was also pre-Blizzard historian time, so mistakes got through. Wolfheart is the most recent source, and Malfurion says Jarod was more than a thousand years younger when they first met.

When they were both around together in WC 3 they looked like co leaders to me.
    They were not.

Technically, Illidan was never banished from Night Elven land as Tyrande never passed the Banishment. As per Loreology, it was Tyrande who ruled, the Warden disobeyed a direct order when Tyrande told them to let her pass, and they committed treason by attacking her first.

Tyrande was the leader. Not Malfurion, not the Keeper of the Groves. Tyrande alone was sole head of Government.