10+ Year Old Account

New Resto Druid LF more discussion to look through or.. something

I tried skimming through a few pages on the Druid forums on here looking for some more in-depth discussion about Resto, and I was just wondering if there is any good website worth looking at?

If anyone could direct me to one I'd be grateful!

--

In case there aren't really any sites like that, I wrote down a few things I'm really curious about if anyone would care to share their input.

I'm really interested in perfecting the Incarnation ability on possibly an encounter-by-encounter basis of SoO and seeing what others are doing. Also seeing when people prefer using SoTF and Force instead, I was using SoTF on Sha and it seems nice.

Also healing with a geared disc priest and monk in a 10 man and how to be most effective in that situation. With all the absorbs and the monk, there's really not much "fluff/blanket" healing needed, it's more during burst periods that I need to put out. Atm I'm just throughput stacking (which helps since I have little gear) 3k haste bp and heavy mastery. I just don't like kinda guessing about all this, would really love to hear other resto druids opinions or finding some recent in-depth theorycrafting I can read through.

Thanks in advance for any help or website links.
    Last edited by Bombino; 2013-09-15 at 01:41 AM.

http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t130799-...andaria_5_4_a/

That's a great site for discussion for resto Druids, definitely my go to place.

As for your questions, I use SotF 100% of the time. It's just better. Incarnation is more or less useless, Resto Druids really don't need another healing CD and that means the only thing it's good for is a mana CD, which really isn't important.

For healing in 10man, you're 3 healing it. It's boring. That's just how it is. The only reason I can find to 3 heal 10man content is if your healers are either bad, or there's one part of a fight that requires a ton of healing. Otherwise you have a lot of sitting around waiting for something interesting to happen. When I used to 3 heal content I'd just stand in shit to cause damage so I could do something, because really, 3 healers on 10 man is complete overkill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t130799-...andaria_5_4_a/

That's a great site for discussion for resto Druids, definitely my go to place.

As for your questions, I use SotF 100% of the time. It's just better. Incarnation is more or less useless, Resto Druids really don't need another healing CD and that means the only thing it's good for is a mana CD, which really isn't important.

For healing in 10man, you're 3 healing it. It's boring. That's just how it is. The only reason I can find to 3 heal 10man content is if your healers are either bad, or there's one part of a fight that requires a ton of healing. Otherwise you have a lot of sitting around waiting for something interesting to happen. When I used to 3 heal content I'd just stand in shit to cause damage so I could do something, because really, 3 healers on 10 man is complete overkill.
    Ill definitely look a bit more through ej i remember ppl suggesting hamlet for resto cm.

As for the advice I guess I shoulda thrown out there that I have 525ilvl, somewhere around 8k spirit but as long as i can focus pot and occasionally get our bear's innervate ive been pretty ok on mana. Im kinda holding on to tree cos Im afraid of being oom and useless, i have also read that healers tend to favor regen a bit more on progression due to unforeseen circumstances, but anyway i could definitely see trying sotf more.

I hear u on the three healing thing man, besides the very end of nazgrim i think that fight can easily be solo healed if ppl arent idiots standing in stuff and keep adds locked down. Im curious how that carries over into heroics and which fights should/would be 2 healed.

Ty for your advice im open to more if anyones interested or any more resto druid links too.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 2 healing with a disc priest in 10 man, killed 8 bosses so far and wouldn't say there's been hard healing fight so far. It all comes to down the level of DPS from your raid and how much shit they stand in/mechanics they forget & triggger.

Best tips I could throw out would be learn to abuse the free healing of the constant efflo, i.e. swapping it around a lot to get the best effect from it and using the trigger to counter boss mechanics to save tons of mana.

Incarnation "maximization" so far I guess I would say something like;
    1st boss - Later stages P2, to instant regrowth pop sneaky adds far away.
    2nd boss - Doesn't really matter, just make sure you get at least 2 uses of it to maximize efficiency.
    3rd boss - Again twice, guess might be more useful at the end.
    4th boss - Same as above.
    5th boss - Save for Galakras himself.
    6th boss - Not sure if I actually used it here. xD Uhm, whenever and try to get 2 CDs out.
    7th boss - Early so you can use it twice, loads of snipe healing can be needed if DPS/Tanks mess up.
    8th boss - Respond to bosses ragemeter, first time he goes 100, imo pop Incarnation.

Not the most insightful tips I guess, but lets hope they are something at least.
    Don't try to fix what's not broken~

Quote Originally Posted by Bombino View Post
    Ill definitely look a bit more through ej i remember ppl suggesting hamlet for resto cm.

As for the advice I guess I shoulda thrown out there that I have 525ilvl, somewhere around 8k spirit but as long as i can focus pot and occasionally get our bear's innervate ive been pretty ok on mana. Im kinda holding on to tree cos Im afraid of being oom and useless, i have also read that healers tend to favor regen a bit more on progression due to unforeseen circumstances, but anyway i could definitely see trying sotf more.

I hear u on the three healing thing man, besides the very end of nazgrim i think that fight can easily be solo healed if ppl arent idiots standing in stuff and keep adds locked down. Im curious how that carries over into heroics and which fights should/would be 2 healed.

Ty for your advice im open to more if anyones interested or any more resto druid links too.
    Yeah once you get to like 9-10k spirit or your legendary meta gem you'll easily be able to drop incarnation. Legendary gem is amazing.

And I don't know for SoO heroics, but I know in ToT every fight was easy to 2 heal even on heroic, I'm guessing with the increase gear and everything it won't be much different in SoO. There might be a couple 3 heal fights, at least on progression, but I kind of doubt it.

The last Resto sticky guide here had something like 80+ pages of theorycrafting. I just recently took over the guide, so the amount of comments has reset, but feel free to post any questions there and I guarantee you'll get some responses. Just if you want to have a lot of different opinions to consider.

i didnt use inc so far as i really didnt see i need it, i kept using force to experiment around it and prolly will be changing to sotf once i regem/reforge for the new haste point, i would still consider switching to inc if there's a spike dmg that requires one more cd or if i have a problem with mana

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoroc View Post
    The last Resto sticky guide here had something like 80+ pages of theorycrafting. I just recently took over the guide, so the amount of comments has reset, but feel free to post any questions there and I guarantee you'll get some responses. Just if you want to have a lot of different opinions to consider.
    Oh ok, I didn't realize it was such a big thing. Yea, that's exactly what I'm looking for, I want stuff to read through, and I'll definitely be asking some questions. ty!

Quote Originally Posted by kooz View Post
    i didnt use inc so far as i really didnt see i need it, i kept using force to experiment around it and prolly will be changing to sotf once i regem/reforge for the new haste point, i would still consider switching to inc if there's a spike dmg that requires one more cd or if i have a problem with mana
    Yep that's my biggest reason for keeping it is for mana. I kinda can't afford to put too much spirit into my gems b/c only 525 ilvl, stacking mostly mastery to get 30%+. My spirit stays between 8-9k and with tree it's not so bad. But besides that I really could see dropping it. SoTF seems amazing for when there's tons to heal with wildgrowth but I really need to learn more about when it's not in that situation and how to use it.

Thanks for the responses, will direct more questions into the stickied thread.

If you're 3 healing then both you and the disc priest should be doing considerable "attonement" healing, dont go fighting over who can snipe the most personal healing, attonement healing is a huge smoothing factor, most fights have predictable periods to burst heal, dont all go jumping on the same hurt targets at the same moment.