It does not matter if it was completed the first time or 18 times, as long as you complete it, that means you know your toolkit and your character well enough that it's easy; or that you ran into roadblocks along the way and had to make adjustments to your play in order to complete the trail, perhaps learn a thing or two (like it was intended to be)
This is nothing more than a lazy RL who doesn't want to spend a reset or two evaluating the team and telling them whether they can come or not.
But again, since OP has sidestepped or rejected every single issue with this, who gives a fuck? They're not interested in other opinions, they're bound and determined to do this and it will either work or not for them. I have no idea why we're still talking about it honestly. Shall we have long threads about all of the ways to run your raid? Why? It's your raid. Do what you want but you obviously didn't come here seeking actual discussion about the pros and cons of this.
And with that... /bye
Last edited by clevin; 2013-09-16 at 11:11 PM.
I required myself to get Gold for my raiding role (DPS). It's probably not a bad thing. It requires you to assess what targets to hit when, which CDs to expend when, etc.
The only thing I don't like about PG - supposedly you do better with particular gear equipped, notably non-RPPM trinkets. Great, so much for scaling and everything being equal. Now I feel like I need a "PG Set" for my gear. I'd like to get the title next. Really, raiders should probably have the Proven Whatever title. I don't yet, but I feel like I should.
The proving grounds aren't there to test your skill. They're there to test your wit.
They are not balanced around class/specs. Warrior's can't heal, etc.
Do your best to cheese the achieve with a class/spec that has an easier time with it. There's no point stressing yourself for no reason.
Balance has never been Blizzard's strongpoint. Classes used to have a purpose instead of balance, but that hasn't been relevant since 2008.
If you can't beat'em, cheese'em.
There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.
The OP spent the entire time telling everyone who disagreed with him they were wrong. Clearly a reassurance topic.
I've told you my opinion:
1) You are grouped up with a group you have never been with before.
2) It is a very casual group- not even a normal casual group at that.
3) You are only doing flex and are expecting people to be somewhat perfect. You've had 7 people quit on you for making something that isn't really mandatory, mandatory. Someone getting a gold star doesn't mean that they're going to be playing any better afterwards. Skill takes time to build up.
4) It sounds like you are trying to treat a casual guild as if they are a bunch of hardcores. That doesn't go over very well in a casual guild. If you want people that are "perfect" go join a regular raiding guild or give these people time to get their own proverbial crap together.
5) You need to give them a few weeks to figure out what's going on- that's when you start weeding people out.
Last edited by taheen74; 2013-09-17 at 02:11 AM.
At this point, all we have is people tossing insults, repeating their opinions, and circular discussion.
I think this thread has run its course, closing.
For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
Tziva ■ Darsithis ■ Radux■ Simca ■ Elysia ■ Zaelsino ■ xskarma