Legendary Quest(ion). Sorry.

Ok so I just got my legendary gem this week (I did all of ToT, Flex, and SoO and got the secrets I needed to complete it). So now my questions is..

I have 1 day before the lockouts reset. I need 12 Titan Runestones. If I re-run those LFR's/Flex...even though I'm not eligible for loot and looted Secrets from them this week, am I able to re-do them and loot Runestones?

If true, I basically could do all 6 ToT Bosses and 4 Flex bosses for a Total of 10 kills, which could net me anywhere from 3-7? Runestones? idk. But if I get lucky then on Tuesday if I do Flex/Normal/ToT I can possibly get the 12 I need and effectively shave 1 week off of the process to get my cloak.

Has anyone tried this/done this before? Answers would be great!

(I'd test it now but I'm @ school, was just wondering if anyone knew so I'd know what I have to do when I get home.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not certain, but an easy way to test for yourself would be to do the last wing of ToT LFR. If Lei Shen drops a runestone, you can get runestones this week. If he doesn't, you can't.

You won't get runestones if you already have killed those bosses this week, wait for next reset.

You can easily check, kill Lei Shen, you'll see you won't get the guaranteed drop. Did it last week on an alt, so I can vouch.

However Flex of SoO gave me 2 runestones on 4 bosses.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    You won't get runestones if you already have killed those bosses this week, wait for next reset.

You can easily check, kill Lei Shen, you'll see you won't get the guaranteed drop. Did it last week on an alt, so I can vouch.

However Flex of SoO gave me 2 runestones on 4 bosses.
    Wrong. A GM stated that you'll have all runestone chances but not the guaranteed drop off Lei Shen, which is why you didn't get it. Feel free to run all LFR wings and pray for the best.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneeBH View Post
    Ok so I just got my legendary gem this week (I did all of ToT, Flex, and SoO and got the secrets I needed to complete it). So now my questions is..

I have 1 day before the lockouts reset. I need 12 Titan Runestones. If I re-run those LFR's/Flex...even though I'm not eligible for loot and looted Secrets from them this week, am I able to re-do them and loot Runestones?

If true, I basically could do all 6 ToT Bosses and 4 Flex bosses for a Total of 10 kills, which could net me anywhere from 3-7? Runestones? idk. But if I get lucky then on Tuesday if I do Flex/Normal/ToT I can possibly get the 12 I need and effectively shave 1 week off of the process to get my cloak.

Has anyone tried this/done this before? Answers would be great!

(I'd test it now but I'm @ school, was just wondering if anyone knew so I'd know what I have to do when I get home.
    If you have already cleared these instances in any way i.e LFR, Flexi, Normal, Heroic, whether you got drops or not, you are now ineligible until the next reset when your chance to get said items from these bosses again refreshes.

It was done this way so as to stop someone in your position abusing the system and basically farming everything in 1 week. Not saying that's type of person you are personally but just pointing out the way it works for someone who is at your point in the quest chain.

Doing the last 4 in LFR to check won't hurt you at all so feel free to check as this might have well changed with the patch recently but these conditions were set before the patch released bringing new tier and higher drop chances from the previous instances.

This link is to blue post concerning the drops:

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...tone-drop-rate

This one is the link that was on front of mmo for a little while with blog spots and info on the actual chain itself.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10033269

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by mmoc037243c2a8; 2013-09-16 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emi666 View Post
    -snip-
    the dates on those posts are old, they changed it so you are eligible to get runestones, secrets, sigils, etc from normal/heroic, flex AND lfr all seperate. was able to do it on my hunter this week, started the gathering of secrets this week, did a normal tot, lfr tot, flex siege and normal siege and got secrets from all raiding modes. week 1 14/20 secrets what up

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyed View Post
    the dates on those posts are old, they changed it so you are eligible to get runestones, secrets, sigils, etc from normal/heroic, flex AND lfr all seperate. was able to do it on my hunter this week, started the gathering of secrets this week, did a normal tot, lfr tot, flex siege and normal siege and got secrets from all raiding modes. week 1 14/20 secrets what up
    i agree that you can get it from all the places. but i tested out the ToT double dipping theory. after doing LFR and getting a crappy 3 secrets from all 12 bosses, i went into normal tot and got 0 secrets from 12 bosses. unless i got extremely unlucky in normal, i dont think it double dips(becuz come on... 12 bosses and i dont get 1 drop?). although it does double dip in flex and normal/heroic SoO.

another question. do runestones drop from all 12 bosses of ToT now? or still last 6?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destroyed View Post
    Aye I know the dates are old but I did state quite clearly it could of changed between then and now :P

Quote Originally Posted by Emi666 View Post
    Aye I know the dates are old but I did state quite clearly it could of changed between then and now :P
    last 6 and first 8 of siege