So.... the Green Fire warlock quest is something that people have wanted for a while and it begged the question, should every class have some kind of flavor quests to it?
This got me thinking:
The powers of necromancy originated from the Legion. The first Death Knights came by putting the souls of warlocks into different bodies. The Liches that we know are former Death Knights that were captured by the Burning Legion and turned. Kil'Jaden himself actually created the Lich King. The bottom line is: the Death Knights, their powers, and the majority of Necromancy appears to have come from either the Burning Legion or Fel powers in general.
We also know that Legion is coming back.
So what if... we got a quest chain that involved us (Death Knights) tapping into the origin of our powers and becoming "Legion" Knights?
We would replace our frost powers with fiery ones.
In many different stories and magical settings (including WoW), fire and ice magic are simple opposite directions of the same basic power. It's not impossible to think that a master of frost could also have aptitude with fire.
- Icy Touch could be fireballs
- Frost Fever could become a burning disease that makes the target smoke
- Howling Blast could be a flame wave
- Remorseless Winter could be a firestorm, like what the yangol do on Timeless Isle and instead of encasing them in ice, it applies Conflag CC similar to what Razorgore and the first boss of Mogushan Palace has
- Chains of Ice could be replaced with... fiery shackles (or just shackles, kind of like the DK throwing metal chains that wrap around your feet, like Ghostrider)
- Frost Presence is replaced with Burning Presence
- Path of Frost replaced with.... something to the effect of heating your feet so that it creates steam with the water and the pressure of that causes you to "float" when walking on water [I'll admit, kind of a stretch]
- Mind Freeze becomes Searing Mind that adds like a "head on fire/smoking" graphic
- Icebound Fortitude becomes Burning Will and the DK would catch fire much like the Warrior glyph
- Frost Runes would become Fire Runes
- Pillar of Frost could be replaced with the old Hysteria - the name even fits to include the anti-movement aspect
For the passives and Razorice, a simple name change could apply and for the character model as a whole... since the blue eye glow originates from their frost powers, the Legion knights would instead have an orange or red eye glow.
What do you guys think?