Thread: Monk 4th spec

10+ Year Old Account

Monk 4th spec

Pandaria and 5.4 put so much emphasis on how monks have 4 different types or shall we say there are four different celestial s (which happen to be the monk specs). Wouldn't it just be kinda wrong for them to not give us a fiery ranged theme like chi ji? Your thoughts
    Semper Fi

Well if Blizzard ever decides to do a fourth spec then that is a possibility, I doubt it though since it will involve bringing back old specs that were cool and fun (even though not viable most of the time) like shockadins, and Blizzard cannot have that.

i would be very interested in a ranked monk dps spec. :3

No, they should put their class development time into redoing old classes instead of adding another spec to the brand new class.

If it happened, it would be a ranged caster spec, but it wouldn't be fiery. It would still follow the Jade/Mist theme. We already have two dedicated Fire Spellcasters (Fire Mages and Destruction Warlocks), as well as one that's half-fire, half-lightning (Elemental Shaman).
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kinda off topic but: The lore doesn't make sense. They have Chi'ji and Yu'lon mixed up all the time.

Chi'ji buffs healing but Yu'lon governs mistweaving magic? The flavour text and NPC buffs also are mismatched too sometimes.

OT: Please god give us a ranged dps spec. Maybe something that imbues arrows with mist magic? Throwing mist shurikens?
    You make me smile with my heart.

Shaman have four elements but only three specs as well. Where's the Earth spec?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    would be cool if earth spec would be tank spec. and with that, bring back the 2h shammy!

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Rockbiter? :P

Edit: I think an Earth Spec would be cool. Summoning Earth Spikes to impale enemies, covering your body in hardened magma armour, using Sand Elementals to redirect threat, having stuff like Quake Stomp from Stonecore and Gruul's Shatter ability. Lots of possibilities.

As for monk ranged abilities.. I dunno. Hadouken spam?
    Last edited by Funky Kong; 2013-09-15 at 05:06 AM.