Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by samthing View Post
    There are two kinds of pvp-combat, (relatively)fair and pushing one button to kill low-level player or having five to one ratio of players. Guess which one is for the "world pvp lovers" and which one for the actual PvPers who can kill someone with their skill and not by having humongous advantage in levels or numbers.

E: I don't think PvP server justifies severely hampering or completely preventing other player from completing their goals.
    Except that's what you chose. If you think that rolling on a pvp server should allow you to complete your goals whenever you want, then a pvp server isn't for you. Sorry, may not be fair, but you have choice in the matter.
    Perfect example of why "community" forums are poisonous to the health of a development team. These developers are wasting hundreds of hours trying to stem the tide of incessant bitchery that would never, ever abate so long as these entitled, unfortunate human beings don't get their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Except that's what you chose. If you think that rolling on a pvp server should allow you to complete your goals whenever you want, then a pvp server isn't for you. Sorry, may not be fair, but you have choice in the matter.
    I assume you have a character on high populated pvp-realm which has great imbalance on one faction and you're playing on that underdog faction. Did the people who rolled there when the server used to be close to 50%-50% balance really knew what they signed for? That one day they would be nigh unable to access large part of the content? Or is it totally acceptable that they need to pay for transfer to not get ganked every few minutes if they want to do that content?

Wasnt there a thread a few weeks ago predicting this mayhem?

It'll calm down in a couple of weeks when people get bored, same happened at the start of every patch this tier with the mob kiting ganking etc. 5.1 mines for example.

It is annoying because it is self defeating for the content. Players stop going because they get bored of being ganked, and those doing the ganking also stop going and get bored because there's no one going there to be ganked.

I play on a low pop pve rp sever and see this shit, I would hate to see a high pop PvP realm.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2013-09-16 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by samthing View Post
    I assume you have a character on high populated pvp-realm which has great imbalance on one faction and you're playing on that underdog faction. Did the people who rolled there when the server used to be close to 50%-50% balance really knew what they signed for? That one day they would be nigh unable to access large part of the content? Or is it totally acceptable that they need to pay for transfer to not get ganked every few minutes if they want to do that content?
    haha every few minutes... try playing on Sylvanas-eu as horde... got corpsecamped for half an hour last night and then I just quit the game...

Quote Originally Posted by frumper View Post
    My first experience with PvP was running to Ashenvale in vanilla and having a skull horde slaughter me. What do you think has changed since then? There was no honor system even in place at the time, he killed me because he could. I avoided the area for a bit. PvP on PvP servers isn't about rewards, its about interacting with other players often in violent ways. If a guy wants to pull 10 mobs and solo them thats cool. If he's on a PvP server he's accepted the risk whether he likes it or not that he can get killed by someone hostile to him. I don't get the problem here. If you don't want that situation, PvE gives you everything except it.

PvP servers are explicitly tied with ganking. It is the removal of all rules, except exploitation of the game. You've got to be a troll because you can't possibly believe that on a PvP server you should be safe from entering forced pvp in the general world.
    Is WoW the only MMO you play or have ever played? WoW has the worst world PVP out of any MMO I've played since 2000 and that says a lot, and yes Blizzard is lazy with it and it shows with half-assed gimmicks like the Blood Coins.

Dark Age of Camelot, Darkfall Warhammer Online, hell, even GW2's fake world PVP are better examples of World PVP done right. I hope they eventually nerf/rework this Censure shit into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    This new island has brought out the absolute worst of WoW players, the toxic trash of the community. Since when was it cool to grief your own faction?

You have jerks kiting packs of elites from the Archiereus event on to the ship or into the celestial court quest givers/bosses. I have fought celestial bosses on my alt and die instantly when a pack of 8 Archiereus elites come rampaging into the boss area cleaving and shooting fire everywhere. The quest givers have hundreds of skeletons around them from jerks doing this all day and night, the elder turtles that spin for 100k are another popular one that is kited onto players trying to read a quest log. There are players running around with those molten guardians bringing them onto the bridge by Ordos killing players crossing the bridge, they are kiting them onto graveyards you name it, it's being done.

Then you have 40 man raids with the censer camping grave yards killing the same people over and over and over until they get bored or mobbed. It's one thing to kill the player, but to camp a GY when you can't even get more bloody coins due to the debuff is just plain asinine. A large volume of players will get mad as hell and rage in /1, but when you try to organize a team to smash them back nobody seems interested. You even have players promising chests, rares, etc and summoning in guppies to be farmed for coins.
    If your own faction is ganking you just take that buff too and they cannot attack you. You cant get rep by killing ordos but can do everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by t3180 View Post
    If your own faction is ganking you just take that buff too and they cannot attack you. You cant get rep by killing ordos but can do everything else.
    This whole concept totally eludes you. I'm on a high pop server, there tends to be a pack with the censer roaming around ganking people, if I use the censer to avoid them I expose myself to the other 95-98% of the people on the island and I get mobbed. What sense does your statement make? How do I use a 10 second cast item in a gy with 40 hostile players standing on top of me? Hmmmmmmm? I'd like to hear some more brilliant ideas, share some more.

I must admit, I feel guilty, I killed a guildie when I had my censer on and I said sorry in guild chat, he continued to say,'I hate the fact the horde always have to attack in numbers' I was laughing for like 10 minutes straight (considering we are alliance and the horde would tend to do things like that :P)
    Have faith in the light,
    And the strength of its weilders.

Quote Originally Posted by Thenamedosentfi View Post
    I must admit, I feel guilty, I killed a guildie when I had my censer on and I said sorry in guild chat, he continued to say,'I hate the fact the horde always have to attack in numbers' I was laughing for like 10 minutes straight (considering we are alliance and the horde would tend to do things like that :P)
    Had similiar situation, when I griefed my guildies on Mumble by calling each one with "Hey guys, something awesome in Old Pi'Jiu, come see at the molo" (or just "Kraken up"), killing them after and causing some funny rage. One of them got a total nuke, with all hunter cooldowns. Afterwards, he was like "dude, not fair, like a dozen of other animal npcs were attacking me!".

Blizzard, thanks for making Stampede worth a gCD again.

timeless isle is boring on a pve server, all the alliance and i can't even attack them?
    Too cool for a signature

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    timeless isle is boring on a pve server, all the alliance and i can't even attack them?
    You would be swarmed on Mal'ganis xD these people are like ants they rip the flesh in seconds and be like LETS GO TO THE OTHER PLACE aka gamble cave after doing this shit for like 2 hours or something silly.

Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    You would be swarmed on Mal'ganis xD these people are like ants they rip the flesh in seconds and be like LETS GO TO THE OTHER PLACE aka gamble cave after doing this shit for like 2 hours or something silly.
    If they aren't at the gamble cave they are at the ramp to the rep farm spots. I guess some people have nothing to do but stand in one spot hitting one ability every 30s-1minute(if they even push a button before someone dies). That's probably the most boring playstyle I've ever heard of.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    If they aren't at the gamble cave they are at the ramp to the rep farm spots. I guess some people have nothing to do but stand in one spot hitting one ability every 30s-1minute(if they even push a button before someone dies). That's probably the most boring playstyle I've ever heard of.
    yeah that ramp is bad on pvp server

on mine theres always a few people stood on that ramp trying to kill everyone who runs past. the cave wasn't so bad.
    Too cool for a signature

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    yeah that ramp is bad on pvp server
    It's like...unfathomable bad. I'm not even on a high pop PvP server and it has at minimum 50 people there at all times. Rep farming is practically not possible untl all these jackos get bored or they implement a fix to the debuff actually being relevant. I don't expect either to happen quickly.

Guess that's Blizzard's 6 month strategy on how to make this content last that long.
    BAD WOLF

Herald of the Titans
    sounds a bit like tarrens mill just, just more ffa style

Quote Originally Posted by anisadora View Post
    I've seen people drink the bloody potion, go into massive AOE (like for the ship) and force people to get flagged.
    If you're not flagged your AoE will not hit flagged players.

Quote Originally Posted by IloveGerardWay View Post
    If you're not flagged your AoE will not hit flagged players.

thats right, i was trying to flag people earlier no one was playing ball.
    Too cool for a signature

only bad thing about the censer is that you still can group, it should be FFA and even party members should turn hostile.

Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    only bad thing about the censer is that you still can group, it should be FFA and even party members should turn hostile.
    If they put that in and made it to where the debuff actually prevents you from being attacked by other players then it would be fine. Sure you'd get killed every 7-10 minutes likely on the dot, but it's better than the alternative. Plus it would actually encourage PvP with strategy and whatnot instead of allowing 100 people to just camp the GY and rep spot.

But you know, things like this make too much sense so it clearly made it past all levels of development for this feature.
    BAD WOLF

I'm surprised people are still on the Timeless isle, tbh. I lost interest the first day after realizing the only content for me (a 535+ raid geared player who doesn't pet battle) was a mindless grind of ~2,000 bullmen who are only available in super concentrated areas being farmed by the same griefers and jerks the OP is talking about.

After gearing the alts I wanted for next expac, I left and will probably never return. The isle needed to be 5-6x larger and have 10 times more things to find and discover, imo. If the dynamic events are the rare spawns that are killed within 30 seconds of spawning, they need to go back to the drawing board.