Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Oh the humanity... So you would rather do some mindless grind and kill some faceroll bosses than actually once in a while have some world PvP fun? People like you are the reason we never have cool events anymore like the zombie event. Carebears who want to do nothing else than play their single player game.
    I would rather decide for myself when to do PvP yes, The zombie event was freaking hilarious because when you cleansed people they got so mad that i did it, i loved to just anti-zombie people and seeing so many whispers with words like "fuck you" "you ruin zombie event you noob" and "OMG why did you cleanse him you fucker!". Loved that event.

PvE servers should never be "forced" or "tricked" into PvP that is what PvP servers are there for really. Yeah world PvP is fun sometimes especially if you outman the others which is what most world PvP is about anyway, i only had a few decent fight in the 6 years i played.

"you can just leave the island then" yeah sure thing they can but they chose a PvE server to NOT be forced away from new stuff in the game, and faceroll bosses, well i would like to see you do all the bosses then in this game, first LFR, then Flex, then Normal and then Heroic, or if you don't have time (skill) just do Normal and heroic.

Carebears as an insult... Some people like to play less than you they are a carebear/noob, people playing more than you are nolifers, I guess that's your policy*

"people like you" the last strawman argument one can make before he lost the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Because:
    1. Faction PvP is outdated design. I don't see by what magic I can't kill a member of my own faction if I want?
    2. Server faction disbalances. There's too small numbers of servers with near even numbers of faction members on the both sides. What Blizzard did in TI is the way to have good world pvp in these circumstances. What you propose is automatical effortless win scenario for leading faction. They tried it already, it is called Tol Barad. And Wintergrasp before that. And Halaa before that. And it failed.
    1. If it's that outdated then disband the factions, have a common start town by race and pretty much decide what clan you want to join and kill everything you want. (As mentioned, make PK available to all)
    2. Look, servers will never be balanced - neither will PVP. It's the nature of warefare, if you don't outnumber your enemy you must have other significant advantages to go to battle.
    WG was basically attack & defend, no real possibility for small skirmishes like you'd have in open world pvp. I know they have tried but if there is no incentive to battle, people will just quest and grind rep for better gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelven View Post
    While on paper the idea to increase AvH PVP is a great thing, in reality it's almost impossible to implement. Many realms are not balanced on their Horde vs Alliance populations. Incentivizing people to do more AvH PVP would only be beneficial to servers that have decently balanced populations. But there would be little fun for either side if it's dominantly one or the other. In a case of, for instance, Horde:Alliance 2.6:1, Horde would have a hard time getting the rewards since there would be so few to kill and Alliance would have great difficulty getting the rewards since they'd be so grossly outnumbered and just outright avoid the situation altogether, since outside of this topic's creator, most people don't try to continuously smash their face into a brick wall hoping for a different outcome. I can definitely see that the censer being able to be used against the same faction as being a boon to unbalanced servers.

Now, if they can ever get this Connected Realm thing off the ground and hopefully fix the unbalanced realms, then like-faction homicide may dwindle a bit what with opposite faction numbers being on the rise. However, I'm sure people will still band together to hunt down and camp obnoxious belly-achers who cry about PVP on a PVP server just to make them leave.
    Again, if you'd make PVP only available if the servers were balanced you would never ever be able to have PVP. Plus with server merge or even instanced locations I'm sure there is a technical solution to have the numbers somewhat balanced on the entire island, possibly even on a server level.

I do like PVP but the design on TI doesn't feel like proper pvp or very thought-out -that is all I'm saying. I'd much rather use the LFR technology to have a new feature, call it... 'Warband' - you queue for a group which then receives random orders what city/village to attack or how many to kill of the other faction. If successfull you'll get some loot. If not... well, better luck next time. All of that in an open world environment where the opposite faction could react if they wanted.
    "Hey, you know what's even cooler than triceratops? Every other dinosaur that ever existed."

The best fix for the Albatross in my opinion, is to make them friendly to all factions. If a player needs one to reach a certain area, Blizzard could implement an item that acts like a chain that pulls you to the Albatross, which costs something like a 100 coins, and has 20 charges. What do you guys think?
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Deleted
    OP is right, we joined to fight for the Horde or the Alliance, not to kill our own faction, this is the final nail into what was left of the Horde & Alliance communities, it's not anymore about being part of a community, but to grief.

Basically Blizzard gave patch 5.4 over to the brave STV gankers..they go from ganking lowbies with flying mounts to creating raids to gank on the new island..

WAH WAH I got ganked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    This new island has brought out the absolute worst of WoW players, the toxic trash of the community. Since when was it cool to grief your own faction?

You have jerks kiting packs of elites from the Archiereus event on to the ship or into the celestial court quest givers/bosses. I have fought celestial bosses on my alt and die instantly when a pack of 8 Archiereus elites come rampaging into the boss area cleaving and shooting fire everywhere. The quest givers have hundreds of skeletons around them from jerks doing this all day and night, the elder turtles that spin for 100k are another popular one that is kited onto players trying to read a quest log. There are players running around with those molten guardians bringing them onto the bridge by Ordos killing players crossing the bridge, they are kiting them onto graveyards you name it, it's being done.

Then you have 40 man raids with the censer camping grave yards killing the same people over and over and over until they get bored or mobbed. It's one thing to kill the player, but to camp a GY when you can't even get more bloody coins due to the debuff is just plain asinine. A large volume of players will get mad as hell and rage in /1, but when you try to organize a team to smash them back nobody seems interested. You even have players promising chests, rares, etc and summoning in guppies to be farmed for coins.
    I've seen the complete opposite on my server. On Turalyon, we have people calling out rares, offering lock summons if you really need them, giving up rare spawns that they need to help others who request help. It's brought out the best of my server, both Alliance and Horde alike

10+ Year Old Account
    i play on ravencrest - eu horde side and i didn't even try to go to the island yet. why? because %99.9 of my server is alliance and if i go there ( remind you, it is a high pop pvp server ) i will most probably experince the same things or even worse.

what i do? simple. leave the place to them for now, like i did to isle of thunder. things will get easier in time. there is nothing you can do to prevent this. pvp server, deal with it.

What I dislike the most is that PvE heroes turn into godlikes with their legendarys.

Deleted
    I think this is one case where saying "hate the game, not the players" is entirely justified. With Blizzard gating a mount, pet, achievements and a title behind this item is it entirely unreasonable to expect players to do exactly what they are doing.
    At 10k killing blows for the last achievement and title alone is it reasonable of players in a PvP realm too expect some kind of honorable conduct? In my opinion it isn't, these people using the censer are playing the game Blizzard intentionally created.
    Sure it's ugly. Most of it hardly constitutes "world PvP". It's aggravating as hell. But this one is all on Blizzard. And at 10k killing blows for the title (gg on that Blizz) it's not going anywhere soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just enjoy standing still casting never ending healing spheres when people think it would have been an easy kill :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadlack View Post
    What I dislike the most is that PvE heroes turn into godlikes with their legendarys.
    Cloak isn't supposed to work against players. Heroic pve gear on the other hand will smoke a bitch with a mighty quickness.

And yeah it may get annoying at times if you're really into doing something but most of the time I love it and it's just fun fucking around with people and getting revenge.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

wassup dropping infernos at barrens inn.

10+ Year Old Account
    It breaks the boredom.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I was running around for chests today and found that I wasn't getting nearly the amount I did on Tuesday when I last tried.

Then I found that the majority of the chests only spawn once per character (what?).

In any case, due to there being very little replay value or purpose to the Isle, this will be one of the most short lived pieces of content we've had in awhile.
    Wait... you seriously thought that you would be getting upwards of 10k easy coins from chests per day?

If that were true, the rewards would cost even more than they do now. They don't want people to be able to get everything from the vendor in under a week. That would hurt replayability.

Sig by Isilrien

This thread proves why Timeless Isle and Censer are the best things ever made. #GriefersAndJerksUnite

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, my attitude about the Isle itself is grind grind grind grind grind.
    Same with the Emissary of Ordos thing. The main issue is that to have the best gear for World PVP you must have killed Lei Shen Heroic/Garrosh Normal and have Legendary Cloak, because PVP Gear is crap. Yesterday on Tarren-Mill I was ganked by a Guild group of five, and later in the evening it transformed into a full on war between the Horde, with most people on the Isle slaughtering all the Ordos folks until they gave up forming their Emissary Raid and all the way through that night any that did such a thing were chased and killed. It was fairly fun to kill all the miserable ganking ****s who were ruining the Isle for so many others, and made me feel better.

Still, I regret that you can get 535 ilvl Gear from the Isle. It means I'm stuck on there for a while.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad I'm on a PvE realm you could say! At least i'm in no danger of getting endlessly ganked. Still there's plenty of people killing people flying with the albatross etc..
    And constantly I can read chat with "we are being camped at X graveyard", must be fun with so-called "PvP" when all you do is camp others.

I just enjoy standing still casting never ending healing spheres when people think it would have been an easy kill :P
    Until someone's smart enough to use black ash on you.. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    You have jerks kiting packs of elites from the Archiereus event on to the ship or into the celestial court quest givers/bosses. I have fought celestial bosses on my alt and die instantly when a pack of 8 Archiereus elites come rampaging into the boss area cleaving and shooting fire everywhere. The quest givers have hundreds of skeletons around them from jerks doing this all day and night, the elder turtles that spin for 100k are another popular one that is kited onto players trying to read a quest log. There are players running around with those molten guardians bringing them onto the bridge by Ordos killing players crossing the bridge, they are kiting them onto graveyards you name it, it's being done.
    Training mobs such that they kill players of your own faction can get your account actioned, pulling mobs with the intention to wipe raids can get your account actioned.

Then you have 40 man raids with the censer camping grave yards killing the same people over and over and over until they get bored or mobbed. It's one thing to kill the player, but to camp a GY when you can't even get more bloody coins due to the debuff is just plain asinine. A large volume of players will get mad as hell and rage in /1, but when you try to organize a team to smash them back nobody seems interested. You even have players promising chests, rares, etc and summoning in guppies to be farmed for coins.
    Don't accept the resurrection for 5m after dying, to let your PvP flag fall off. Then rez and walk away.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

More crybabies as usual. Learn to enjoy content for what it is entirely for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Well he can always leave the isle. Nobody is forcing him to be there.
    Wow. You're a real bully.

And yes, give an asshole half a chance and he'll be an even bigger asshole. When your life is that shitty, being mean to others is all that's left.

Hopefully there will be some hotfixes to leash mobs to avoid being kited, or guards to be placed inside graveyards. Hopefully.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    More crybabies as usual. Learn to enjoy content for what it is entirely for once.
    Learn to enjoy being ganked and griefed? Really? Really?

You do realise that I could tell you to just enjoy running LFR and grinding dailies, and if you whined I could use exactly the same argument you used?

Of course you don't.