Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    people still play wow?

Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-09-16 at 03:43 PM.

Deleted
    lol, QQ moar

Constructive posting please!
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-09-16 at 03:44 PM.

"You misunderstand what the word fair means in this situation. It's not because things are challenging or put the player at a disadvantage. It's because from a design perspective you are forced to do content you aren't interested in. That's what is not 'fair'. That's why it is bad design."

Your problem goes away as soon as you're on a PvE server. You do not have to participate unwillingly in "content you aren't interested in" if that means getting ganked. If you're a pvp server, you may have to unwillingly participate in content you don't want to be apart of. As for other points, like getting honor for killing people, sure you got a token amount that wasn't really worth anything, oh and there was diminishing returns on that. People didn't go to southshore for 8 hours because of honor.

Like I said, your problems are solved when you roll PvE.

What do you want a PvP server to offer you? It seems like you want to have selective PvP options.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frumper View Post
    "You misunderstand what the word fair means in this situation. It's not because things are challenging or put the player at a disadvantage. It's because from a design perspective you are forced to do content you aren't interested in. That's what is not 'fair'. That's why it is bad design."

Your problem goes away as soon as you're on a PvE server. You do not have to participate unwillingly in "content you aren't interested in" if that means getting ganked. If you're a pvp server, you may have to unwillingly participate in content you don't want to be apart of. As for other points, like getting honor for killing people, sure you got a token amount that wasn't really worth anything, oh and there was diminishing returns on that. People didn't go to southshore for 8 hours because of honor.

Like I said, your problems are solved when you roll PvE.

What do you want a PvP server to offer you? It seems like you want to have selective PvP options.
    Wow....you cba to even read my post since you're still responding like I'm talking about PvE. Reread and rethink. If you can't respond to what has actually been said, then you have nothing to say and I'm done with you.
    BAD WOLF

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    These type of situations that Blizzard implement make me glad that I don't play the game anymore.

What you're describing is that you want to turn PvP servers into PvE servers from what I can tell. PvP on PvP servers is unbalanced, unfair, unwilling at times, and annoying.

It is the thrill of hunting a guy running from you, and it is the thrill of getting away from the guy hunting you. That thrill is most heightened for me when its not in a prescribed setting like WG or TB. That thrill is exciting when I'm questing and I get sapped from nowhere, or cheap shot and I'm at 60% hp and have to respond. That thrill is exciting when I see a guy pulling more than he should and I score an easy kill. It sucks when I just need to finish this quest, but its worth it when I can prevent that guy from doing it, or I can actually still finish the quest despite him. That is what a PvP server is to me. The censer in no way changes the fact that if its red its dead. It doesn't make it any more, or less, fair as a situation. It just is the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    This new island has brought out the absolute worst of WoW players, the toxic trash of the community. Since when was it cool to grief your own faction?

You have jerks kiting packs of elites from the Archiereus event on to the ship or into the celestial court quest givers/bosses. I have fought celestial bosses on my alt and die instantly when a pack of 8 Archiereus elites come rampaging into the boss area cleaving and shooting fire everywhere. The quest givers have hundreds of skeletons around them from jerks doing this all day and night, the elder turtles that spin for 100k are another popular one that is kited onto players trying to read a quest log. There are players running around with those molten guardians bringing them onto the bridge by Ordos killing players crossing the bridge, they are kiting them onto graveyards you name it, it's being done.

Then you have 40 man raids with the censer camping grave yards killing the same people over and over and over until they get bored or mobbed. It's one thing to kill the player, but to camp a GY when you can't even get more bloody coins due to the debuff is just plain asinine. A large volume of players will get mad as hell and rage in /1, but when you try to organize a team to smash them back nobody seems interested. You even have players promising chests, rares, etc and summoning in guppies to be farmed for coins.
    Some just feed on misery of others. On the server I play on such actions do not happen.

I guess the best you can do is suck it up and be more careful/stronger.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What you're describing is that you want to turn PvP servers into PvE servers from what I can tell. PvP on PvP servers is unbalanced, unfair, unwilling at times, and annoying.
    No. All of the situations you describe would still be possible, but it segregates the reward structures and content development based on preferred content. I still don't think you actually read half of what I post, because your responses are basically out of left field. Just stop assuming things, because you're not even in the same ballpark, let alone continent.

That thrill is exciting when I see a guy pulling more than he should and I score an easy kill.
    More than he should? If he can kill all the mobs it's definitely not more than he should. Thank you for being utterly transparent and a poster example of what people saying 'xfer to a pve server' or 'pvp happens, deal with it' and every other cliche/straw man bs argument out there.

You like cheap kills with low risk. Go figure that having an entire zone that is just as robust, except you know that everyone is a threat to you by default of design, is not appealing or even understandable by you. If you really liked the danger, the sense of accomplishment, and what actual world PvP would look like you should be petitioning Blizzard to implement my ideas immediately.

But no, you're all talk like everyone else who claims they want world PvP. You just want ganking, which is the most base form of PvP imaginable. In any case, done with circular conversations with people who can't even take the time to read entire posts before quoting and erroneously responding to the first lines.
    BAD WOLF

Put em on ignore->throw a insult-> look em go apeshit cus they cant reply to you.

I love how people roll on a PvP server, then call it "Griefing" when they get their ass kicked.

My first experience with PvP was running to Ashenvale in vanilla and having a skull horde slaughter me. What do you think has changed since then? There was no honor system even in place at the time, he killed me because he could. I avoided the area for a bit. PvP on PvP servers isn't about rewards, its about interacting with other players often in violent ways. If a guy wants to pull 10 mobs and solo them thats cool. If he's on a PvP server he's accepted the risk whether he likes it or not that he can get killed by someone hostile to him. I don't get the problem here. If you don't want that situation, PvE gives you everything except it.

PvP servers are explicitly tied with ganking. It is the removal of all rules, except exploitation of the game. You've got to be a troll because you can't possibly believe that on a PvP server you should be safe from entering forced pvp in the general world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy fix instead of the 10min debuff that prevents you from generating blood coins you get a 10min debuff that prevents you from taking damage from pvp sources for 10 minutes/untill u tag yourself in pvp... that way u won't be ganked more than once every 10 unless u choose to tag yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    I love how people roll on a PvP server, then call it "Griefing" when they get their ass kicked.
    There are two kinds of pvp-combat, (relatively)fair and pushing one button to kill low-level player or having five to one ratio of players. Guess which one is for the "world pvp lovers" and which one for the actual PvPers who can kill someone with their skill and not by having humongous advantage in levels or numbers.

E: I don't think PvP server justifies severely hampering or completely preventing other player from completing their goals.
    Last edited by mmoc58ad131b44; 2013-09-16 at 04:23 PM.

Play on Blackrock. Fair number of folks there. Get in a Censure group. Run around killing folks. Most fun had in the game in a long time. After a while, a group of non-censure folks would form up and blow our group up. Methinks it wont last to long, the isle dosent have long lasting appeal.
    Have A Nice Day (HVND)

Quote Originally Posted by samthing View Post
    There are two kinds of pvp-combat, (relatively)fair and pushing one button to kill low-level player or having five to one ratio of players. Guess which one is for the "world pvp lovers" and which one for the actual PvPers who can kill someone with their skill and not by having humongous advantage in levels or numbers.

E: I don't think PvP server justifies severely hampering or completely preventing other player from completing their goals.
    Except that's what you chose. If you think that rolling on a pvp server should allow you to complete your goals whenever you want, then a pvp server isn't for you. Sorry, may not be fair, but you have choice in the matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Except that's what you chose. If you think that rolling on a pvp server should allow you to complete your goals whenever you want, then a pvp server isn't for you. Sorry, may not be fair, but you have choice in the matter.
    I assume you have a character on high populated pvp-realm which has great imbalance on one faction and you're playing on that underdog faction. Did the people who rolled there when the server used to be close to 50%-50% balance really knew what they signed for? That one day they would be nigh unable to access large part of the content? Or is it totally acceptable that they need to pay for transfer to not get ganked every few minutes if they want to do that content?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasnt there a thread a few weeks ago predicting this mayhem?

It'll calm down in a couple of weeks when people get bored, same happened at the start of every patch this tier with the mob kiting ganking etc. 5.1 mines for example.

It is annoying because it is self defeating for the content. Players stop going because they get bored of being ganked, and those doing the ganking also stop going and get bored because there's no one going there to be ganked.

I play on a low pop pve rp sever and see this shit, I would hate to see a high pop PvP realm.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2013-09-16 at 04:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by samthing View Post
    I assume you have a character on high populated pvp-realm which has great imbalance on one faction and you're playing on that underdog faction. Did the people who rolled there when the server used to be close to 50%-50% balance really knew what they signed for? That one day they would be nigh unable to access large part of the content? Or is it totally acceptable that they need to pay for transfer to not get ganked every few minutes if they want to do that content?
    haha every few minutes... try playing on Sylvanas-eu as horde... got corpsecamped for half an hour last night and then I just quit the game...

10+ Year Old Account
    My first experience with PvP was running to Ashenvale in vanilla and having a skull horde slaughter me. What do you think has changed since then? There was no honor system even in place at the time, he killed me because he could. I avoided the area for a bit. PvP on PvP servers isn't about rewards, its about interacting with other players often in violent ways. If a guy wants to pull 10 mobs and solo them thats cool. If he's on a PvP server he's accepted the risk whether he likes it or not that he can get killed by someone hostile to him. I don't get the problem here. If you don't want that situation, PvE gives you everything except it.

PvP servers are explicitly tied with ganking. It is the removal of all rules, except exploitation of the game. You've got to be a troll because you can't possibly believe that on a PvP server you should be safe from entering forced pvp in the general world.
    Is WoW the only MMO you play or have ever played? WoW has the worst world PVP out of any MMO I've played since 2000 and that says a lot, and yes Blizzard is lazy with it and it shows with half-assed gimmicks like the Blood Coins.

Dark Age of Camelot, Darkfall Warhammer Online, hell, even GW2's fake world PVP are better examples of World PVP done right. I hope they eventually nerf/rework this Censure shit into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    This new island has brought out the absolute worst of WoW players, the toxic trash of the community. Since when was it cool to grief your own faction?

You have jerks kiting packs of elites from the Archiereus event on to the ship or into the celestial court quest givers/bosses. I have fought celestial bosses on my alt and die instantly when a pack of 8 Archiereus elites come rampaging into the boss area cleaving and shooting fire everywhere. The quest givers have hundreds of skeletons around them from jerks doing this all day and night, the elder turtles that spin for 100k are another popular one that is kited onto players trying to read a quest log. There are players running around with those molten guardians bringing them onto the bridge by Ordos killing players crossing the bridge, they are kiting them onto graveyards you name it, it's being done.

Then you have 40 man raids with the censer camping grave yards killing the same people over and over and over until they get bored or mobbed. It's one thing to kill the player, but to camp a GY when you can't even get more bloody coins due to the debuff is just plain asinine. A large volume of players will get mad as hell and rage in /1, but when you try to organize a team to smash them back nobody seems interested. You even have players promising chests, rares, etc and summoning in guppies to be farmed for coins.
    If your own faction is ganking you just take that buff too and they cannot attack you. You cant get rep by killing ordos but can do everything else.