Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindican View Post
    Unless you flag yourself willingly, no, it won't.

Do you feel stupid? At least a little? :P

Be civil, please
    You are wrong, let's see:

First complaint-
    You have jerks kiting packs of elites from the Archiereus event on to the ship or into the celestial court quest givers/bosses. I have fought celestial bosses on my alt and die instantly when a pack of 8 Archiereus elites come rampaging into the boss area cleaving and shooting fire everywhere. The quest givers have hundreds of skeletons around them from jerks doing this all day and night, the elder turtles that spin for 100k are another popular one that is kited onto players trying to read a quest log. There are players running around with those molten guardians bringing them onto the bridge by Ordos killing players crossing the bridge, they are kiting them onto graveyards you name it, it's being done.
    Kiting mobs on top of players has always happened on PvE servers, people do it to provoke players into flagging themselves to fight back. Or just to grief generally. They'll also stand in AoE and cleaves, which yes, normally won't flag the player, but if they're tabbing through or as mobs die autoattack onto the next target which happens to be the flagged player they'll get themselves flagged. It's pretty common.

Second complaint:
    Then you have 40 man raids with the censer camping grave yards killing the same people over and over and over until they get bored or mobbed. It's one thing to kill the player, but to camp a GY when you can't even get more bloody coins due to the debuff is just plain asinine. A large volume of players will get mad as hell and rage in /1, but when you try to organize a team to smash them back nobody seems interested. You even have players promising chests, rares, etc and summoning in guppies to be farmed for coins.
    Again, once the griefer has done the above either by provoking or forcing a flag, they can continue to behave as demonstrated here. However, the likelyhood of getting some support from others is even less likely, since no one wants to actually PvP (including, or rather especially the griefer; or else they'd be in an arena or battleground).

Quote Originally Posted by blackweb View Post
    Snip
    I was simply quoting the original poster. Probably should have made that apparent. Oh well, 5 points for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Snip
    Standing in AOE hasn't forced a flag since pre-3.0 (and that was an actual "forced" flag), and alt-tabbing and selecting another player instead of a mob is a player problem, not a design issue. Put simply, there is no more forced flagging in this game. As such, you are wrong. I am so sorry.

See Callei's post for a personal example.
    Last edited by -Psypher-; 2013-09-18 at 05:30 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    tabbing and selecting another player instead of a mob is a player problem, not a design issue.
    Incorrect. Other games have utilized the option to not flag in any capacity, which completely removes any sort of abusive mechanics or accidental flagging through standard gameplay Especially since abilities are usually setup to autotarget on button press for anyone trying to maximize dps. There is certainly room for improvement, which would be the form of a direct toggle to never allow you to take a pvp action in the world. As such, you are wrong. I am not sorry.
    BAD WOLF

I love some things about timeless, the mystery involved...
    There's simply not enough mobs though in my opinion, too many camped.

I have to admit, it's a bit unusual seeing people kill their own faction. I don't agree with it, since it takes away from the usual HvA spirit of the game, but it's still nothing to cry over. World PvP without flying mounts is always a good thing in my book.

Play on a PVE server - I switched to one after playing on a PVP realm from day one of vanilla until four or five months ago now. The difference is night and day better. Oh, some resil-maxed asshole is running around trying to gank? Good thing I'm not flagged, LOL!!

ITS SO MUCH BETTER TO PLAY LIKE THIS. Seriously. So much better. I PVP when I feel like it now, not when random_ftard decides that he and his buddies need to hump my leg.

On normal server. Never once been flagged

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind it except for the fact that PvE gear is so insanely better than PvP gear in world pvp. I don't raid and yet there are people on my server running around in TOT Heroic/SOO normal(maybe some SOO heroic, this week) and its like literally 50-60 item levels in difference. Not to mention when I was with a group on my resto druid trying to world pvp people would just use the ash item thats a 90% mortal strike. I understand it takes a coin to get a coin, so they don't get anything, but its just really stupid. 90% MS and then you die in like 3-4 seconds, through barkskin and shit.

I would LOVE the world pvp if they balanced pvp and pve gear in world pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Especially since abilities are usually setup to autotarget on button press for anyone trying to maximize dps.
    Player choice. Don't go around hitting a /startattack or /targetnearestenemy macro near flagged players. That's just folly, and the player's fault at that point.

I do like your use of the phrase "accidental flagging." That's much more accurate than the previous poster's choice of "forced."

Even still, I wouldn't call them accidents. I'd call tab-targeting mobs near a gaggle of flaggers pushing your luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Timeless isle has made me realize how much i hate the people on my server >.< Was running around searching for rares noticed a guy with the pvp effect attacking someone so i stopped healed him up then the guy attacking turned on me and the guy i helped activated his pvp thing and they both ganked me

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    This new island has brought out the absolute worst of WoW players, the toxic trash of the community. Since when was it cool to grief your own faction?

You have jerks kiting packs of elites from the Archiereus event on to the ship or into the celestial court quest givers/bosses. I have fought celestial bosses on my alt and die instantly when a pack of 8 Archiereus elites come rampaging into the boss area cleaving and shooting fire everywhere. The quest givers have hundreds of skeletons around them from jerks doing this all day and night, the elder turtles that spin for 100k are another popular one that is kited onto players trying to read a quest log. There are players running around with those molten guardians bringing them onto the bridge by Ordos killing players crossing the bridge, they are kiting them onto graveyards you name it, it's being done.

Then you have 40 man raids with the censer camping grave yards killing the same people over and over and over until they get bored or mobbed. It's one thing to kill the player, but to camp a GY when you can't even get more bloody coins due to the debuff is just plain asinine. A large volume of players will get mad as hell and rage in /1, but when you try to organize a team to smash them back nobody seems interested. You even have players promising chests, rares, etc and summoning in guppies to be farmed for coins.
    although much of what you say is true, I wonder how long till this thread gets the can?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even still, I wouldn't call them accidents. I'd call tab-targeting mobs near a gaggle of flaggers pushing your luck.
    Well I don't agree with 'forced', that would be ridiculous. However your suggestion that tab target is 'wrong' would imply you think clicking is 100% reliable then? B/c you know...trying to click on an npc to pickup/turn in quests, getting flagged, and then getting owned by guards is because of a stupid player and not because of unreliable design right?

Right?

Or is your suggestion that people need to start making macros or manually typing to target everything in the game?
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Me and few hunter buds made a group first week of this crap and went around and gank every ally player we found with Censer on them...got quite a few horde same time.....talk about raging from those we took out haha....you don't want to piss off a bunch of hunters esp those that pvp quite a lot even though we play on a PVE realm....lol. This week so far its been really quiet on our realm on the Isle ...time will tell esp with coming weekend...I figure those douches are a bit busy with new raid and all early in the week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Well he can always leave the isle. Nobody is forcing him to be there. And no i don't feel Stupid. I don't read a thread that I already know is going to be someone whining. This forum could do with ALOT less whining.
    So because people can't act like decent human beings and not kite crap that has 1 shot mechanics (stupid on Blizzards part), he should not go to the isle and have fun? And no it wasn't mostly about being ganked it was about people kiting things all over the isle, if you can't be bothered to read what someone says don't bother replying and looking like a fool and a jack ass.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will never understand the thought that goes on behind some of the things on the timeless Isle. I get that people are farming blood coins for the mount and that's fine, but killing people who already have the debuff is just stupid. And another thing that really bothers me is that some people just sit on the puzzle chests (like the rope walking one) and knock you get to the chest. I fell like their thinking "Hey, how can I make someone frustrated today? How can I make someone's day just a little bit worse?" and I just can't comprehend how that thought process exists.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    I will never understand the thought that goes on behind some of the things on the timeless Isle. I get that people are farming blood coins for the mount and that's fine, but killing people who already have the debuff is just stupid. And another thing that really bothers me is that some people just sit on the puzzle chests (like the rope walking one) and knock you get to the chest. I fell like their thinking "Hey, how can I make someone frustrated today? How can I make someone's day just a little bit worse?" and I just can't comprehend how that thought process exists.
    The Isle on a pvp server certainly isn't for carebears. A lot of them struggle to cope and bring the nonstop whine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    The Isle on a pvp server certainly isn't for carebears. A lot of them struggle to cope and bring the nonstop whine.
    By carebear do you mean a decent human being?

The one that actually drives me insane is the Ordos griefers, why keep pulling him and wiping raids trying to kill him. This happens on PVE servers an insanely high amount of times, try bringing something good to the community instead of being a twit.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-08-19 at 08:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Locking the thread.

No need for an almost 1 year old necro
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..