Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post

Was thinking the same thing. Wrong channel for any good show to last(looking at you The River/Terra Nova).
    The River was ABC. Fox has done a lot of wrong but can't blame them for that (no idea if it was any good though).

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    The River was ABC. Fox has done a lot of wrong but can't blame them for that (no idea if it was any good though).
    Wow, superderp on my part. Not sure why I thought that was Fox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Wow, superderp on my part. Not sure why I thought that was Fox.
    Because when people think "Good show, got cancelled" they jump right to Fox .

saw another trailer for Agents of Shield, it looks like PURE Whedon, so if you dig his style, there's no reason for you NOT to like it.

Also it's not REALLY Sci Fi, but Arrow is fucking badass, second season starts at the end of this month, and I for one am CRAZY pysched..
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Last I heard RTD still wants to do another season of Torchwood but it isn't his main priority, might be a few years before we see another season.
    Given how embarrassing the last series was, I hope it never returns.

That was some serious cringe there.

It's not next, or new, or current, or even recent, but I'm currently watching Babylon 5, and my god it's the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Nungamunch View Post
    Given how embarrassing the last series was, I hope it never returns.

That was some serious cringe there.
    I've seen a lot of people complain about it but I didn't think it was that bad. Not as good as the first 4 seasons but not bad.

Fringe started failing at ratings at season 3 but Fox kept it for 2 more years and then finished it properly.
    I'm still hoping for a new Star Trek TV show. The two movies did great, maybe it's time for a TV continuation of the rebooted franchise.

Deleted
    I've seen a lot of people complain about it but I didn't think it was that bad. Not as good as the first 4 seasons but not bad.
    The dialogue was horrific in almost every episode. The actors (including Mekhi Phifer - who has been very good in other things I have seen him in) choked on it. They sounded like they were in a school play. It was all so amateur, which was shocking as they clearly had more money than they had in previous series.

I hate Gwen too. They killed all the interesting characters and left her. I just don't believe her. She's (Eve Myles) an actress who is more a professional pretender. It's how I see Keira Knightley too. They don't become the character, they just play make believe and it shows.

After seeing all of Spartacus and being blown away by the writing and story and everything, I'm gonna go ahead and say that the sci-fi Steven DeKnight finished writing is going to be amazing. Incursion. Definitely something you guys should all look out for in the future..if it ever gets into production, as is the way of so many cancelled sci-fi tv shows... expensive (looking at you Terranova)

http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/sci...incursion.html

Pretty nice details about it.

I keep telling myself that Star Trek is gonna come back with all it's glory, but then I realized that the days of the Enterprise's legendary exploits died over a decade ago. Now all we have are sub-par alternate reality movies that aren't even cannon. What a joke.

Star Wars isn't even real sci fi; more like fantasy with higher level of technology. The stories aren't interesting, and it's always too predictable. Only really liked the original trilogy.

Never got that Stargate: Atlantis movie we always wanted. Most disappointing of all, we didn't get any resolution to Ford's story, instead they just left it at a cliffhanger that they never got around to finishing. SG1 was too much of a headache, and Universe was too slow and boring.

Battlestar Galactica (reboot series) had a really compelling intro pilot, then the rest of the series turned into a long, drawn out goose chase, the script writters just kept beating the dead horse. There was no more sense of danger, everyone [*Almost*] lived to the end, and the dialogue was revolting.

The only good shows that I can think of happening is an EVE online television series and a Firefly reboot, but neither will probably happen. And so, the science fiction genre will be laid to rest in a stagnate state where only video games and small time fan series will live.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a new series coming out called Almost Human, looks like a cross between the new Total Recall and Judge Dread as Karl Urban is headlining it.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperlance View Post
    There is a new series coming out called Almost Human, looks like a cross between the new Total Recall and Judge Dread as Karl Urban is headlining it.
    yeah, i was thinking Being Human... Almost Human looks pretty solid, hope it manages to last a season.

Typical buddy cop stuff, but sometimes a movie trope can be developed better in a series.

Deleted
    Fringe did fairly well having the Sci-fi way out in the open. I'm still surprised it made it 6 seasons on Fox though.
    It only made it to season 5, not 6... although i wish it did Love that series.