Deleted

Norushen "Problem"

Hee guys,

I am a guardian druid in a raiding group that just started (had 3 weeks of ToT clear before SoO).
    We did the first 2 bosses with abit of ease, but on Norushen I have the following problem.

Tanking things is not a problem, I can handle the damage pretty easy, and everything goes smooth.
    But when I enter the testrealm as a tank, I somewhat fail 9/10 times. I interrupt the bolts no problem,
    but the attacks which need to be avoided, I just can't seem to avoid them :S the frontal cone is moving
    with me, so I can't get out. And the other avoidable attack doesn't seem to be avoidable aswell.

Anyone can give me some tips on it, otherwise I am thinking to send my 2nd tank (DK) in 2 times to
    handle the soaking. And I just tank the boss (with the additional switches ofc)

Do you have logs of this? (You would have to be the one uploading them since others' logs wouldn't show what happened to other players in the test realms.)

The Titanic Corruption's frontal cone avoidable attack is the Titanic Smash. He does an animation and does not move, nor does he change directions during this cast. He also puts up a stacking DoT whenever he hits you (so try and keep up SD and heal back up with FR). Whenever he casts Hurl Corruption, interrupt it (this is the other avoidable attack). If you have a warrior in your group, you could cast Symbiosis on him and have Spell Reflect for the Hurl Corruption. He also does a big hit called Piercing Corruption, which cannot be avoided, only mitigated (non-absorbs). Lastly, he has an attack called Burst of Corruption which, as far as I know, cannot be avoided.

You are going to a sizable amount of damage, so it is important that you have your active mitigation ready to reduce, dodge or heal up this damage.
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

Did not have any problems with this. If you haven't yet switch charge to 15% speed, but even without the extra speed it should be np.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymfomane View Post
    Hee guys,

I am a guardian druid in a raiding group that just started (had 3 weeks of ToT clear before SoO).
    We did the first 2 bosses with abit of ease, but on Norushen I have the following problem.

Tanking things is not a problem, I can handle the damage pretty easy, and everything goes smooth.
    But when I enter the testrealm as a tank, I somewhat fail 9/10 times. I interrupt the bolts no problem,
    but the attacks which need to be avoided, I just can't seem to avoid them :S the frontal cone is moving
    with me, so I can't get out. And the other avoidable attack doesn't seem to be avoidable aswell.

Anyone can give me some tips on it, otherwise I am thinking to send my 2nd tank (DK) in 2 times to
    handle the soaking. And I just tank the boss (with the additional switches ofc)
    I'm not a tank but here you go: Titanic Smash: Frontal cone, must be dodged when he begins casting.
    Hurl Corruption: High damage. Can’t be dodged, but can be interrupted.
    Burst of Corruption: AoE damage, can’t be avoided.
    Piercing Corruption: Cleave attack, can’t be dodged, can’t be absorbed.
    Corruption: Stacking DoT when the mob successfully hits you.

Additionally, in our group we did the 3 healers and only 1 tank. You could try not going in as it doesn't make a noticeable difference (at least for us). The damage you take with corruption versus not was not that bad.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Well, depending upon one's gear as Guardian, it can alter how one deals with the Test of Confidence.

First and foremost, I'd recommend going down after just coming off tanking the boss to maximize Vengeance. While you don't need to kill the Titanic Corruption, doing so allows you to get out of the confined area faster. I honestly saved my DPS cooldowns for it, since they'll make the most impact during the Test. However, since the Vengeance gains aren't that spectacular while doing the Test, it's rather gear-dependent if you can kill the Corruption early.

As for the abilities, NightZero88 did touch on them, but there was some slight change from the PTR a little. The only high damage ability that you'll have no chance of avoiding is the Burst of Corruption, but the damage it actually deals on normal is less than what the dungeon journal states on live (it's using old values, I think). Piercing Corruption can be avoided (and absorbed with a hotfix), however it is a physical attack of roughly 420kish base I think... i got hit twice for a grand total of 273k damage on normal, so it's really not that threatening even if you do get hit. The only thing that will likely kill you or get dangerously low is Titanic Smash and Hurl Corruption, but that's solved by just strafing away and interrupting respectively.

Simply put, if you're dying during the Test of Confidence, I can say with almost 99% certainty you're getting hit by Titanic Corruption and/or Hurl Corruption. Nothing else should come even close to being dangerous in terms of damage taken. While I do advocate killing it as fast as possible, surviving for one minute is still priority #1.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have enough RPS you can just run around the mob, which makes it really easy to avoid the frontal attack and you'll still be in range for the interrupt. Pop barkskin and survival instincts if you have them up (If you need them,) and just heal yourself up with Frenzied/healthstone etc.
    Desktop: Antec Twelve-Hundred v3| ASUS VH236H | i5-3570k @ 4.5 | MSI 660ti PE | AsRock z77 Extreme4 | 16GB G.Skill 1866 | Havik 140 | Vertex 3 90gb Boot ssd | Kingston 240gb ssd | 620w Antec | Logitech G500, G510, G930
    Laptop: ASUS U36JC-B2B Tablet: HP Touchpad 16gb | Asus Infinity 32gb
    Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i with 18-55mm IS & 75-300mm
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...en/Cc/advanced

DoC solved the problem on selfhealing for our Guardian bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to know what was your problem, but i have no problems what so ever. Lats night on our first kill i even managed to kill that mob with 20+~ sec left on that debuff that counts down your 1min that you have to survive there, so i was out quite earlier.

Here is a video of my POV so you can see ''how i do it'' and how ''much'' dmg i take: http://www.twitch.tv/lucktzm/c/2944697
    My armory link is in signature. I dont have heroic gear so iam not that overgeared at all i assume.

Hopethis helps in any way.

Keep in mind I only raid 10m so I can't speak for 25m but why on earth send a tank in at all? Send 2 dps, 2 dps, 1 dps 1 heals. Assuming you are three healing you can have each healer soak 1 and each tank soak 1. After the healer goes in to clear his stacks he soaks the remaining Purple orbs until the boss is dead. This ensures all the DPS have as little corruption as possible so they all are doing max damage.

We were able to down this last week the only problem we seemed to have was the enrage timer comes quick. We got it with about 20 secs left on enrage. We did have two pug dps but for the most part everyone is at 540 ilevel n the group

Deleted
    Hee all,

thanks for the comments, we didn't kill him yet, but your help worked for me.
    I was able to survive for a minute now alot easier. I think I just mixed up
    some attacks.

My armory link =>eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/khadgar/Nymfomane/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Griz66 View Post
    Keep in mind I only raid 10m so I can't speak for 25m but why on earth send a tank in at all?
    The big reason to send a tank down is that it doesn't send an add back up while increasing boss damage and/or soaking capabilities. One tank can easily tank the boss while dealing with adds that get sent up from other players. If one of the tanks isn't actively tanking, they likely aren't doing much damage anyways... might as well get them purified so on a tank-swap they can pump out more damage, or soak orbs so the DPS/healers don't have to.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville