Deleted

WoW challenged or not?

Apparrently USgamer gave Final Fantasy XIV score 10/10. Some say this remake of FF XIV is bad, but how it gets so good reviews? *snip* We might just have a great MMO here.
    Last edited by Millennía; 2013-09-15 at 01:22 PM.

Another one of these... I'm pretty sure there are already 5-6 of these threads go piggy back on one of those.

Deleted
    lol piggy, f*ck ya bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never believe a review that gives a perfect score,nothing is ever perfect there is always room for improvement.

Reading this Review also cemented the fact that morons can also bring down the average of goods games simply by being fucking retarded.

Observe and cringe.

This isn't a true Final Fantasy game. I was shocked when I bought FFXIV: A Realm Reborn and discovered that you have to connect to the internet in order to play it. I'm no stranger to DRM, but this is just over the top, requiring a constant internet connection to play the game.

IF you manage to connect to the game due to semi-constant server outages... Or rather, IF you manage to buy the game at all since they're no longer even selling it as a digital download despite it only releasing a couple of weeks ago, then you will get exposed to bland quests and a very disappointing storyline. The storyline being the backbone of the Final Fantasy series. I'm a huge fan of FFI to FFX and the battle system in this latest installment is just bizarre, I'm not sure why they did away with the classic battle system, it worked very well for this franchise.

Definitely 0 out of 10 for this shocker, the always online DRM is just disgusting.
    The fuckwit actually thinks the constant online is DRM, not the fact it is an MMO.

Uggh.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    Apparrently USgamer gave Final Fantasy XIV score 10/10. Some say this remake of FF XIV is bad, but how it gets so good reviews? http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/fi...a-realm-reborn We might just have a great MMO here.
    Some say this, some say that, that is how opinions work.

Apparrently USgamer gave Final Fantasy XIV score 10/10. Some say this remake of FF XIV is bad, but how it gets so good reviews? http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/fi...a-realm-reborn We might just have a great MMO here.
    I have an active wow subscription and I have an active Final Fantasy XIV sub, the game was cheap 22,5us$ at green man gaming with one month and the content is top notch... great story telling, plays like wow, great graphics... I'm at lvl 45 and really enjoying the quests, I feel the story is better than when I played through WoW for the first time... plus it haves technology, something I like in my fantasy (good technology, far fetched)... what I'm waiting to see is what they do in the first patch, that'll define the game.

I played a little 5.4 and really liked it but didn't have so much content for me, got my legendary cloak the first day went around the isle and did first wing of flex. Nothing else to do for me so I was a little disappointed (ilvl 530 so don't need upgrades, alt ilvl 525). Good thing about Final Fantasy is that you can level other classes in the same character and it feels great to integrate the skills into you main, it feels worth it. As always being a new game it has kinda of an advantage over WoW (right now that feels fresh)... it all depends on future patches, if they can maintain this level of storytelling with more content I feel it challenges WoW, at least my sub. I'll always play WoW but if I feel FF is better I'll just play one month in a blue moon in WoW to do flex and check patches that come way too slow. Throne of Thunder was eternal and this ones looks like is here to stay til march.

That's my 2 cents... going to play now!

lol piggy, f*ck ya bro.
    I hope all the people like you leave WoW for FF since you seem to be the douche type that ruins things and jumps on the next bandwagon as it comes around. I'm sure you'll run off to Wildstar or Everquest Next when they come out and get a good review and then the thread will be FFXIV challenged! OMGERD WILDSTAR.

So far I heard the story is supposedly good but the mechanics are just like any other mmo (read god awfull, wow included). Dunno but one thing is for certain, depending on your definition of 100/100, it is impossible. Because making a perfect game would mean you made THE game. Can't take that serious tbh. IGN gave it a 86 or something and while they tend give flashy reviews I don't agree with, it seems alot more accurate.

FFXIV is good, but it is not going to appeal to everyone

Especially people who are bad and want everything nerfed. At least that's what I hope since Yoshida says FFXIV will be a success even if it has only 500k subs.

I am hoping they will add more open world & endgame content in the future as there really isn't much at the moment, but we'll have to wait and see. I wouldn't say it's a sure thing right now, but the game has potential to go places and make a splash in the market.

I'm not sure anyone should be hyping it up to be a "WoW-Killer", but it definitely ain't no shitshow like GW2.

I also don't know about the story being good either, but it was more immersive than the shit Blizzard tries to peddle it's lore with. But how can you say no to a boob slider and magitek armor mount? you can't, you're insane if you can do that

I hope all the people like you leave WoW for FF since you seem to be the douche type
    implying the wow community is full of kind and courteous people

Its called paid reviews brah

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Numbars View Post
    Its called paid reviews brah
    Can be, can be not, but on the other hand it also got mostly good reviews on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Final-Fantas...al+fantasy+XIV

Deleted
    WoW died after Guild Wars 2 release, the new messiah of mmo...oh wait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    Yeah, but on the other hand many people say FF is vastly better than GW2.

I take back what I said earlier. It's just metacritic being a bunch of retards that think 5/5 equals 100/100, which is not the case. A 5 out of 5 is reasonable, considering you can only make 20% steps, hence giving it anywhere between 80% and 100%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    You felt it was necessary to go that way, didn't you?

It looks like you believe it's a threat.

Yeah, but on the other hand many people say FF is vastly better than GW2.
    in some ways it is, the story is better.

but in alot of others it doesn't even measure up to titles older then WoW.

the classes are abysmal in terms of mechanics.

they're over inflated with redundant skills and for the dps the rotations are suicide-inducing levels of boring.

dragoon/lancer is literally 4,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4 repeating until the boss dies or you kill yourself to get away from it.
    and the others are almost the same thing, nearly all melee have a repeating 1,2,3 combo as their main attack rotation.

this isn't just bad design its horrific.

it doesn't stop there either, the problems with mechanics make some classes so uncompetitive as to be made unplayable.
    all the dots to this day do not scale with gear, the only dots worth using are those that can trigger procs.

and to cap it all off, the biggest issue for play feel is the obscenely slow GCD of two and a half seconds.
    this makes everything feel slow an unresponsive, an opinion i am NOT alone in, the idea of making the game more tactical in the use of skills was far better done in GW2 by making a skill interaction system then by making people wait almost 3 seconds to do anything.
    this is only compounded by the slowness the game's systems operate, it can take up to 2 seconds for a proc to appear off of the attack that procced it.
    giving only a sliver of time for a person to react to it, which goes against the very idea they had in making the GDC as long as they did.
    Last edited by mordale; 2013-09-15 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    I hope all the people like you leave WoW for FF since you seem to be the douche type that ruins things and jumps on the next bandwagon as it comes around. I'm sure you'll run off to Wildstar or Everquest Next when they come out and get a good review and then the thread will be FFXIV challenged! OMGERD WILDSTAR.
    I know these threads are frequent and yet there has to be one for every game, just so people can discuss about +/- of said game in comparison to WoW. I also understand your frustration about there being several of those. For as many people as there are that go like "lol new mmo out, WoW is done THIS time!" there are as many people like you that are just feeling actually threatened by those statements and then people like you write angry statements like you did.

Personally I think FFXIV sucks. I will still play WoW, especially when there's a new raid. But I also will definitely check out Wildstar, it seems to be a pretty good game by my standards.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...it-s-successor
    You made this thread before and it was locked.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...it-s-successor
    You made this thread before and it was locked.
    Yes and this thread isn't much different. Sorry, OP, we don't allow game v game threads.