Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Realism of gameplay is way more complex than graphics.
    It's been done so many times before, just look at the Sims!

Quote Originally Posted by Terralon View Post
    It's been done so many times before, just look at the Sims!
    What they talk about sounds way more complex than sims.

It sounds very boring. Furthermore, such games tend to became cesspools due to player alliances.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    It sounds very boring. Furthermore, such games tend to became cesspools due to player alliances.
    You have a point there, but that is how great wars start, right? Could make things interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    The infrastructure required to build what they're hyping would cost billions of dollars. It's not going to happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    The infrastructure required to build what they're hyping would cost billions of dollars. It's not going to happen.
    Not with a 2D game! It's much cheaper to maintain it and build it with 2D graphics.

Not with that attitude.

Honestly I think it could be possible, not within this decade though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Honestly I think it could be possible, not within this decade though.
    It's all about being optimistic and to dare to take "dangerous steps"! ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terralon View Post
    Not with a 2D game! It's much cheaper to maintain it and build it with 2D graphics.
    But it would be utter crap, it would be fine for the average gamer who likes games on facebook.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    But it would be utter crap, it would be fine for the average gamer who likes games on facebook.
    Not everything has to be 3D. >_> C'mon there are so many good games in 2D. I thought games were about gameplay, not graphics!

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter if it's 2D or 3D. Richness of experience can be loosely correlated with the amount of data the game has to shuffle around. Millions of users times lots of data shuffling in real-time = very difficult problem to solve. You either solve it by being extremely clever in ways which defy our current understanding of computational theory, or you solve it with lots of hardware and ultimately lots of money.

Simply being optimistic is actually not enough to overcome the immense technical hurdles. What works much better is a deep understanding of the problems that need to be solved and a realistic view of the costs and benefits of attempting to execute an actual plan. Given that the project in question seems to have more hope and hype than technical acumen, I'm going to stick with my original response of "NOT GOING TO HAPPEN." Not now, and not from this company.

Someone like Google could pull it off, since they probably already have the infrastructure and the money. But they probably wouldn't do it because it's probably not worth doing as a business.

Deleted
    It doesn't matter if it's 2D or 3D. Richness of experience can be loosely correlated with the amount of data the game has to shuffle around. Millions of users times lots of data shuffling in real-time = very difficult problem to solve. You either solve it by being extremely clever in ways which defy our current understanding of computational theory, or you solve it with lots of hardware and ultimately lots of money.

Simply being optimistic is actually not enough to overcome the immense technical hurdles. What works much better is a deep understanding of the problems that need to be solved and a realistic view of the costs and benefits of attempting to execute an actual plan. Given that the project in question seems to have more hope and hype than technical acumen, I'm going to stick with my original response of "NOT GOING TO HAPPEN." Not now, and not from this company.

Someone like Google could pull it off, since they probably already have the infrastructure and the money. But they probably wouldn't do it because it's probably not worth doing as a business.
    It's 2013, even small companies can pull off this stuff!