Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Noxxic is ranking hunter #1 dps in BiS, we got this!
    noxxic is the worst thing ever.

However there's a point to why we are looking so good right now: we have close to 0 penalty to our DPS while learning bosses, compared to other casters. That mixed with how easy are normals and the few tries you need to down them, makes us beat other classes that on the long term will be ahead. Downing Thok in 3-4 tries, while the arcane mage is still figuring how to cast properly without being interrupted is a great example of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    After killing 4 heroic bosses and knowing pretty much what the other 11 do, we are definitely not on top.

Edit: 4
    Basically the classic situation of heroic mechanics giving hunters less advantage compared to others.

I wonder if Thok heroic progress will put hunters much more in demand.

Why we are seemingly good:
    - Every class got hit hard with nerfs through RPPM changes and Hunters got significant buffs to actually make us do more DPS between 5.3 and 5.4 whereas most other classes went down overall.
    - Short fights due to majority of guilds overgearing the fights by 20-30ilvls makes Hunters appear stronger due to our strong opening burst.
    - New fights means learning the fine points of executing maximum DPS through movement and positioning. Hunters don't need to worry about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Megabloks View Post
    Basically the classic situation of heroic mechanics giving hunters less advantage compared to others.
    Pretty much. Seeing as every fight that matters is multi dot / cleave, we fall behind significantly. The only fight we will excel on is Thok, and that's because of his dumb silence, and the fact we can move and cast during the kite phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys come on, we were all happy last week with how hunters were and all of the sudden we got back to moaning?... Just suck it up and try to enjoy the game...

Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    noxxic is the worst thing ever.

However there's a point to why we are looking so good right now: we have close to 0 penalty to our DPS while learning bosses, compared to other casters. That mixed with how easy are normals and the few tries you need to down them, makes us beat other classes that on the long term will be ahead. Downing Thok in 3-4 tries, while the arcane mage is still figuring how to cast properly without being interrupted is a great example of this.
    Pretty much. Hunters almost always look better on the initial learning but after a few wipes when your casters learn how to optimize their movement and learn the mechanic patterns, we start sinking fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshot View Post
    I wonder if Thok heroic progress will put hunters much more in demand.
    more like ret paladins, bop nullifies the silence, devo aura or aura mastery does as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    the raid im in alot of people are pretty geared and I just need to be on top of my shit if I want to be in the competative top. cant beat our lock no matter how hard I try but I can live with that. If I go ham on certain fights I can top so I say do what you do hunter bros and broettes
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    So far in second week (non-HC, because we failed to kill Garrosh last week), I'm playing pretty evenly with our good warlocks and ret paladin. I can't touch our arcane mage unless there's a huge amount of movement in the fight. To be fair though, this same mage tends to rank extremely high on WoL, and just tonight he wiped our raid on Malkorok because he finished his cast instead of moving to soak the nearby pool.
    Last edited by Beace; 2013-09-18 at 09:56 PM.