View Poll Results: What do you think of this concept?

Voters
101. This poll is closed
  • Cool idea. Like to see it implemented.

73 72.28%
  • Bad idea. Wouldn't like to see it implemented.

28 27.72%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Jesus marry him why dont you.

Why make a class then immediately put it down and say it cant happen?
    about the same reason he seems to make a bunch of arguments that can also be used against his beloved tinker class, he loves the attention.
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

Interesting ideas, if a bit OP. I think there's a lot of room for a Timewalker class in WoW, and I do like the notion that Blizz is teasing it right now on the Timeless Isle.

Or maybe I'm just digging that island right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    And insane. Not only does the blue and green dragon flights overlap with existing classes, there's no way to represent all five dragon flights in a single class.

Timewalkers has been the best version of a Dragonsworn class I've seen.
    Without intention to discredit your work (which I consider perfect) I believe that it is possible to integrate your ideas within the Dragonsworn hero class, the perfect hero class for the expansion of the Emerald Dream.

The Dragonsworns are mortals who have been imbued with the power of the Five Dragonflights and therefore they can use the power of the five combined, not just one.
    That's why instead of the popular idea of assigning a specialization to each color, my idea would be to combine all colors in all specializations, and thus have greater versatility in every way.

For example, Dragonsworns could have 3 specializations:

• Tank -> With skills predominantly of the Black and Red Dragonflights but also with skills of the Blue Dragonflight
    • DPS casted magic -> With skills predominantly of the Blue and Yellow Dragonflights but also with skills of the Green Dragonflight
    • Healer -> With skills predominantly of the Red and Green Dragonflights but also with skills of the Yellow Dragonflight

As for the "problem" of the absence of the Aspects at present (for those who consider that this is a problem at the time of implementing the Dragonsworn hero class) the solution would consist in playing with the times ... like the Death Knights are coached by the Lich King himself, even though he is dead now. That way the Dragonsworn would be trained by the Aspects in the past when they still had all their power.

However the Dragonsworns can exist perfectly in the absence of the Aspects of Azeroth as they just lost their immortality.
    Even having lost their status as "gods" and having lost their powers more powerful (pun intended), the dragons will remain being very powerful creatures, too powerful to be playable but being still able to appoint champions (dragonsworns).
    In fact the Dragonsworn hero class would be the only way to play as a "dragon" ...

I like the concept, but it won't happen. Mage has so many time related spells already. Temporal Shield, Alter Time, Time Warp.
    I could see them adding a timewalker healing spec to mages but not a whole class.
    <inactive>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    I like the concept, but it won't happen. Mage has so many time related spells already. Temporal Shield, Alter Time, Time Warp.
    I could see them adding a timewalker healing spec to mages but not a whole class.
    I'm pretty sure that will be the case. However, if they did bring this class into the game, I would be the first one to play it.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Simple, but it has potential. And yes, the pretty pictures are quite nice~! :3

Hopefully they'd get the whole Monk treatment, combined with a bit of DK. I could see them being a class I'd play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Simple, but it has potential. And yes, the pretty pictures are quite nice~! :3

Hopefully they'd get the whole Monk treatment, combined with a bit of DK. I could see them being a class I'd play.
    If this class is implemented that is. I certainly have my doubts, but after the Tinker class, its my pick for most likely for implementation.

After the greatness that was the Monk class, I have high hopes for the next class that Blizzards design team produces.

If this was implemented, I'd do instant switch from my main to this class. God, it looks RADICALLY COOL!!!

I would actually come back to WoW if this class was introduced.

This class is not viable.
    It does not come from a WC3 unit, which is where all WoW classes must come from, as you have stated yourself time and again any time someone else tries to introduce a new class idea.

It would involve expanding a bunch of new lore on an already existing though not fully-fleshed out Warcraft class, something you have also insisted can not be done whenever someone else tries to suggest something similar. Dragonsworn exist in game, but virtually all of the lore for them comes from the RPG and is non-canon, therefore the bulk of their lore would have to be created and crafted to fit into the current world. If someone else tries to do this, you tell them it is not viable.

You insisted that the next class must fit one of the major fantasy archetypes, which does this fit? It feels like a minor archetype, something you use to dismiss other class ideas when presented with them.

Also this is irrelevant, since you said Tinkers are the next class anyway.
    Just FYI; I never said for sure that they're coming next expansion. I said for sure that they'll be the next class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    This class is not viable.
    It does not come from a WC3 unit, which is where all WoW classes must come from, as you have stated yourself time and again any time someone else tries to introduce a new class idea.

It would involve expanding a bunch of new lore on an already existing though not fully-fleshed out Warcraft class, something you have also insisted can not be done whenever someone else tries to suggest something similar. Dragonsworn exist in game, but virtually all of the lore for them comes from the RPG and is non-canon, therefore the bulk of their lore would have to be created and crafted to fit into the current world. If someone else tries to do this, you tell them it is not viable.

You insisted that the next class must fit one of the major fantasy archetypes, which does this fit? It feels like a minor archetype, something you use to dismiss other class ideas when presented with them.

Also this is irrelevant, since you said Tinkers are the next class anyway.
    Read post #3.

Read post #3.
    Hey, I don't make the rules man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Hey, I don't make the rules man.
    That would be correct. Which is why I agree with your earlier post.

That would be correct. Which is why I agree with your earlier post.
    More so just saying that as none of us outside of Blizzard KNOW what the next class is going to be, ALL of these class ideas are purely for speculation and fun. Regardless of how likely we think our idea might be, they're all "I think this would be neat and fun to play and maybe other people would think so and like to talk about it."
    And since they're all the same we should treat them all the same. There is no right or wrong to pick apart and stomp on, no reason for "I think this would be cool" "NO YOU'RE WRONG".

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry Teriz but I can tolerate this one more then the Tinker. Then again I'm always a nut for the Magical(Mage) and Sorcery and that fantasy stuff.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Excellent read! This is really an amazing idea, and I would be 100% for it even if some of those abilities sound a bit OP and would no doubt require a bit of tweaking. Someone from Blizzard needs to read this.

Cool idea!

Personally I would prefer a Dragonsworn that healed with flames, tanked with time, and dps'd with dreams.

Limiting dragonsworns to time doesnt take advantage of all that is badass about what the class could be capable of!

...Healing Flames! Yes!
    ...Time Control! Yes!
    ...Death by Dreams/ Nightmare/ Poison! Yes!

Deleted
    I like your idea, Of all the new classes people have hoped that would come. I truly hope for a Timewalker, or a dragon asepct(multipel dragon powers)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    I like your idea, Of all the new classes people have hoped that would come. I truly hope for a Timewalker, or a dragon asepct(multipel dragon powers)
    Thanks. Maybe this will be the new class introduced on Friday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will never happen, but It's a cool thought.