Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

As long as your a Cop getting a bad guy, your allowed to shoot in crowded areas.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e0e_1379237092

Like the title says, as long as you are a Cop (Which seems nowadays grants you exclusive rights not obtainable by the average joe) and their is something remotely wrong with someone. Just open fire, even if their are civilians behind them.

Was the guy drunk? High? What warrants a shooting, other than we thought we might of died so were going to shoot anyways even if it's a very crowded area full of pedestrians.

I don't live in NY, but does the NYPD outnumber the civilian population? In under 2 minutes the place was swarming with about 30+ cops for 1 guy, why the fuck would you need that many neo-nazi cops patrolling such a small area?

Edit: Ok re-read, i was wrong. So were the cops. Neo-Nazi?
    Last edited by Åmbulance; 2013-09-15 at 05:32 PM.

A replica gun? You should reread it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    Man has replica gun, man refuses to drop gun. Man is in crowded area, man has potential to do damage.

Am i missing something here, or do you just hate cops?
    Pretty much.

Just another flame bait thread, nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    Man has replica gun, man refuses to drop gun. Man is in crowded area, man has potential to do damage.

Am i missing something here, or do you just hate cops?
    I love the cops. I respect them. I trust them with my lives.

But he was "simulating a gun with his hands." So in other words the only thing he was holding was his index and middle fingers together. And 2 innocent bystanders were shot by the cops in the process.

I would call that reckless endangerment.

A 35 and a 54 year old woman? So let's see you sing this same song if the cops put a bullet in your mother and sister. (pro tip: You'd be singing a whole different song).

Deleted
    I guess they have pretty low training standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I love the cops. I respect them. I trust them with my lives.

But he was "simulating a gun with his hands." So in other words the only thing he was holding was his index and middle fingers together. And 2 innocent bystanders were shot by the cops in the process.

I would call that reckless endangerment.

A 35 and a 54 year old woman? So let's see you sing this same song if the cops put a bullet in your mother and sister. (pro tip: You'd be singing a whole different song).
    i edited my post 5 minutes ago, how much time did you put into the mother daughter thought?

Calling cops neo-nazi's in the first post of a thread.... definitely not a biased opinion to start things off

Probably not the best idea to discharge a weapon in a crowded area like Times Square, but there's absolutely 0 detail as to what the situation was presented along with the video.

You can't play armchair police officer off of a liveleak video.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    Probably not the best idea to discharge a weapon in a crowded area like Times Square, but there's absolutely 0 detail as to what the situation was presented along with the video.

You can't play armchair police officer off of a liveleak video.
    They missed their target and hit 2 innocents, damn right we can judge them, I judge them to be incompetent with firearms.

Deleted
    Just finished watching the video, words can't describe how much of a tit that cop is.

He shot TWICE and MISSED, while HITTING two bystanders.

What the fuck was he doing discharging a firearm in a crowded place like that, let alone how did he fucking miss (And supposedly the dude was unarmed when arrested?)

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    They missed their target and hit 2 innocents, damn right we can judge them, I judge them to be incompetent with firearms.
    They can be guilty of having shitty aim.

I'd like to see more actual facts about why they chose to let shots fly before I start JOIDSFLKSDHFJKDGHJVNFNJKDLFJKLDSHH'ing on them, though.

This recent trend of "OMG A COP DID SOMETHING! QUICK, TO THE YOUTUBE COMMENTS SECTION!" is really pretty dumb though. Sure, there's some cops who abuse their station and intentionally do things unbecoming of a trusted officer of the law, and they should absolutely be smacked down for it, but in that shuffle it's also easy to forget that there are a lot of good officers out there who take their job for what it should be. It's also easy to forget that they're people same as everyone else and can make mistakes, as anyone in any job does. Let's face it, the most stress half the people here have in their jobs is whether or not to put pickles on a burger and they don't even manage to get that right half the time. Of course, a mistake in the line of work of a police officer can have far bigger repercussions, but actual facts need to be had as to why they chose to make that decision that led to a mistake being made. And those facts aren't procured by 3 million Jimmy Idiots watching a LiveLeak video clip.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    They can be guilty of having shitty aim.

I'd like to see more actual facts about why they chose to let shots fly before I start JOIDSFLKSDHFJKDGHJVNFNJKDLFJKLDSHH'ing on them, though.

This recent trend of "OMG A COP DID SOMETHING! QUICK, TO THE YOUTUBE COMMENTS SECTION!" is really pretty dumb though. Sure, there's some cops who abuse their station and intentionally do things unbecoming of a trusted officer of the law, and they should absolutely be smacked down for it, but in that shuffle it's also easy to forget that there are a lot of good officers out there who take their job for what it should be. It's also easy to forget that they're people same as everyone else and can make mistakes, as anyone in any job does. Let's face it, the most stress half the people here have in their jobs is whether or not to put pickles on a burger and they don't even manage to get that right half the time. Of course, a mistake in the line of work of a police officer can have far bigger repercussions, but actual facts need to be had as to why they chose to make that decision that led to a mistake being made. And those facts aren't procured by 3 million Jimmy Idiots watching a LiveLeak video clip.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_safety

Any Cop that throws these rules out of the window because he is stressed does not deserve to be a cop. See rule number 4.

The reason I call them neo-nazi is because they are bold and stupid enough to do something like this in a large public area without some public crisis going around to justify their reasons. Hence why they always say in their defense "We believed he was going to attack", "He imitated the movements of trying to hurt me", "He pulled out a fake gun". A lot of times they make up accusations which when dug into are complete bullshit when video evidence comes out.

When the manhunt for a former Christopher Dorner their were a few documented cases where police injured if not killed innocent bystanders because the police "Thought they were Christopher Dorner". In this case (Quote and link below) this truck wasn't the right model and no where near the right color, yet they shot them up? Was it for fun or stupidity. Btw, more than 100 bullets were fired and they still lived. Can you fucking imagine if that was Times Square?

3-4 bullets might of actually hit the guy, while the other 90 bullets possibly maimed if not killed other bystanders?

"Margie Carranza, 47, and her 71-year-old mother, Emma Hernandez, had more than 100 rounds of bullets pumped into their blue pickup truck on the morning of February 7 because seven LAPD officers thought they were Christopher Dorner—despite the fact that their truck was a completely different model and color than the one cops were instructed to look for. That's why they're getting four times the already and still controversial reward total for Christopher Dorner and walking away with $4.2 million of their own. "The deal is relatively a very simple, very clean deal. It's a win-win for both parties," L.A. city attorney Carmen Trutanich told NBC Los Angeles, confirming the settlement amount, which Carranza and Hernandez can split any way they want. "It closes this chapter in Los Angeles and LAPD history on all issues," Trutanich added."

And they got 4.2 million dollars for their sacrifice after the initial controversy of the police giving them the wrong model of truck that they shot up and some stupid debacle.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/natio...million/64513/

What amateurs are we hiring? Aren't these suppose to be professional people? I'm scared as fuck getting close to Police, what if I twitch the wrong way or avert my eyes down because I'm scared of him looking at me.
    Are these all wrong signals that 10% of the population might do unconsciously that will incur the wrath of the police to shoot me or others because I showed signs of being a criminal?

We force our military to follow rules of war by shooting only when shot at, but yet our Police are allowed to take the gloves off and shoot whenever they feel like it as long as they say "I felt like my life could of been endangered". Our own military who consists of American volunteers who are willing to risk their lives to protect ours, yet our own Police who get payed enormous amounts in benefits are to scared shitless in a job that requires them to put their lives on the front to protect those they sworn to protect.
    Last edited by Shurkuris; 2013-09-15 at 06:45 PM.

no its not ok for cops...or even military. mercenaries on the other hand...they follow no laws.

As an outside bystander I would have to say that a lot of US police practices do in fact seem kind of fucked up. I'm not saying that they necessarily are. But as your neighbor looking through the window it looks disturbing.

No knock arrest warrants, high speed chases (live on TV) etc.

Deleted
    From the comments:
    They ran into the warning shots!
    LiveLeak, you're always hilarious.

Starting to think Cop threads should be added to the Not allowed to create a thread about list, starting to get ridiculous to see a few new ones every hour or so. About 1-20 have any meaning other than to be a rebel. and BTW cops are allowed to fire at a criminal in a public area if the guy is dangerous to others or the police them selves. Fake gun or not that split second decision police make can mean the difference between life and death for themselves and those around them. That's all that needs to be said.

@Nixx - I'm using it as a harsh metaphor. These cops get more and more ridiculous.

Would you care to agree or disagree on anything else I said? I can understand the need to nit-pick a post and run through only that quote, but can you elaborate your feelings on anything else said?

@Naftc - That is pretty bad if we have censor information.

Quote Originally Posted by Shurkuris View Post
    @Nixx - I'm using it as a harsh metaphor. These cops get more and more ridiculous.

Would you care to agree or disagree on anything else I said? I can understand the need to nit-pick a post and run through only that quote, but can you elaborate your feelings on anything else said?

@Naftc - That is pretty bad if we have censor information.

It's not censoring information it's blocking the creation of topics by users that don't know what they are talking about and to keep the overall headache level of readers to a minimal.