Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Is this proof that the Orcs need... (spoilers)

.. A non Orc to govern them?

Lets tick off their former leaders-

Warchief Blackhand. Corrupt warmonger, a puppet of an even bigger monster, Gul'dan

Warchief Doomhammer, admitedly badass, who while not corrupt, still rampaged through an alien world with his demonic powered army and butchered thousands, if not more

Warchief Thrall, raised by humans, under whom the horde actually proved itself more than it's detractors were willing to give it

.. Warchief Garrosh, a trueblooded Orc, and also a monster who tried to finish what the others started, but without the demon influence. managed to do this with near full support of the Orcish people.

Warchief Vol'jin, a TROLL, chosen by the human raised orc

are they trying to tell us something? Do the Orcs NEED a ruler who isn't an -Orc- to avoid going evil?

i honestly dont like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wait for the second coming of jes...Garrosh.. he will come back as a new orc and lead the horde/ orcs to a brighter future :P

A leader of the Horde who is not an orc, possibly.
    But the racial leader of the orcs will always carry the title of Warchief. The leader of the all different orc clans that make up the orc population, Frostwolf, Dragonmaw, Bleeding Hollow, Blackrock holds the title of Warchief. This person can also lead the Horde, as them have done since Vanilla, with Thrall, and later in Cata with Garrosh.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2013-09-16 at 09:41 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: I apologise I didn't fully read your post.
    #boycottchina

Basic Campfire will rise up Vol'Jin and make the TRUE HORDE

There was also Ner'zhul who became Lich King. I think he was also warchief sometime.

Its probably just going to be Saurfang

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard.. has done a shit job of giving any structure to the orcs outside of being brutal and war like. For a length of time, it seemed like it was going that way, and the orcs were returning to there ways of the past before the legion corrupted them..

And then, blizzard had the idea to make orcs into monster again, as scapegoats and foils for the other races to appear 'better'.

And now, the orcs have had all there development since WC3 shit on by the devs, and facing a bleak future.

Yeah, really inspires me to carry on investing time in the lore..
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Blizzard.. has done a shit job of giving any structure to the orcs outside of being brutal and war like. For a length of time, it seemed like it was going that way, and the orcs were returning to there ways of the past before the legion corrupted them..

And then, blizzard had the idea to make orcs into monster again, as scapegoats and foils for the other races to appear 'better'.

And now, the orcs have had all there development since WC3 shit on by the devs, and facing a bleak future.

Yeah, really inspires me to carry on investing time in the lore..
    "You need to look at the bigger picture."
    "You need to think how this works for the long term story."
    "Stop whining because you don't like the story, that doesn't make it bad."

Any of this sound familiar? It's pretty much what the Horde has been saying to every Alliance post of discontent for the last 3 years. Now that something you don't like was done with the only race you deeply care about, it's completely different?

Yeah, it's going to be cliche to repeat the same cycle as they work to regain their honor, rebuild, etc. after this, but Blizzard isn't going to forget about the orcs and leave them to be forgotten. If anything they have the most foundation for plots going forward. Just because Vol'jin is leader doesn't put the Darkspear in a position to really be advancing in their storyline. The tauren have nothing going for them right now. The goblins are forgettable. And the pandaren faction within the Horde (and Alliance) was forgotten the moment they joined. The orcs and the Forsaken are the only ones with any sort of story to build on going forward.

And if it's a Legion themed expansion, I'm betting the orcs are the driving force of the Horde's actions against the demons responsible for their troubles in the first place.

I think the orcs do need a non-orc to govern them. At least for the time being. Their code of honor and respect in society is based on how many heads they've collected. Sure, their society didn't start that way but it's how they are now. While they get their messed up culture together, they need a leader to direct them back to a less combative way of life.

I doubt that Thrall will take up the role of Warchief of the Orcs, and I sincerely hope that it will be Saurfang that becomes the Warchief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    I doubt that Thrall will take up the role of Warchief of the Orcs, and I sincerely hope that it will be Saurfang that becomes the Warchief.
    You're thinking Cheif. Voljin is Warcheif.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Almatari View Post
    I think the orcs do need a non-orc to govern them. At least for the time being. Their code of honor and respect in society is based on how many heads they've collected. Sure, their society didn't start that way but it's how they are now. While they get their messed up culture together, they need a leader to direct them back to a less combative way of life.
    they have been a race that has always been shitted on. They have noble qualities but war never seems to not be part of their culture, they come from being slaves having to fight for their master to being unified but in the end they are a warlike race much like most of the other races. And in the end they just want advancement just like everyone else. Sadly there is no happy ending for orcs when you think about it.
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2013-09-15 at 09:19 PM.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    You're thinking Cheif. Voljin is Warcheif.
    The head of each of the clans is the Chieftain. The Warchief is the one in charge of all of the chieftains.

Drek'thar is chieftain of the Frostwolves
    Grom Hellscream was chieftain of the Warsong
    Jorin Deadeye is chieftain of the Bleeding Hollow clan (or whats left of it)
    Thrall was the Warchief.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2013-09-16 at 09:41 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sir you are drunk!

Doomhammer is in opposite against the Gul'Dan and Blackhand. Since Gul'Dan wanted to destroy whole orc race with his plans. You played ever Warcraft 2 by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Sir you are drunk!

Doomhammer is in opposite against the Gul'Dan and Blackhand. Since Gul'Dan wanted to destroy whole orc race with his plans. You played ever Warcraft 2 by the way?
    He was opposite of Gul'Dan doesn't mean he was not a warmonger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Consider the old generation of orcs: War veterans, survivors of slave camps, sufferers of a demonic blood curse.
    Consider the new generation of orcs: Inhabitants of a new world that is less than welcoming of them, and all they have for racial identity and pride is the stories of old.

Now consider how the stories of old are told. How they are imprinted on a new generation and how INCREDIBLY HARD it must be for the old generation to walk the fine line in what message they want to tell the oung 'uns in their stories.

The orc problem is not their race. The current orc problem is rediscovering racial identity through the perilous chasm of a generation gap.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    The Horde has not been an Orc brotherhood since the start of the Warcraft 3 campaign.

Sorry to shame you, but a real world example of "only an Orc should be warchief" is "only a white man should be president."

The Modern Horde is an amalgam of different races. That one of them is now warchief is a sign of progress, not doom.

Honestly, their track record does seem to suggest that maybe Vol'Jin will work out, what with the whole 'not being an orc' bit. I hope he does.

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

Deleted
    Orcs are Orcs! Fucking hell, Warcraft is the only lore that has Orcs, who are fucking kitten, puppy huggers! Jesus Christ! At least one race in this game that's about WAR and people want to destroy that! Go play Hello Kitty Adventure seriously! Or rename the game, 'cause this is bullshit. Orcs need a War-hungry leader, if the whole game is based on fucking lolipops, let at least the race that's the most war-hungry, be that!