Page 1 of 3
LastLast

No one attacks healers in PvP

Holy shit, I can't for the life of me understand why no dps on alliance attack healers? I can't believe how many bg's I'm doing where horde healers are standing still free healing surrounded by alliance who are instead attacking the blood dk losing 1 health every 1 hour so I'm wondering, is there a curse involved? some witch doctor shit or something related, such as killing healers and getting chlamydia? anyone else noticing the same pattern where if horde have good healers alliance pretty much lose? I'm losing pretty much every bg because healers are op as fuck (I'm healing btw) and are made even more op by the free immunity they have inside every single bg.

Anyone else getting seriously pissed off by this as well? how many years do people need to do bg's before realising healers free healing is a guaranteed loss? can understand this happening now and then but it's every god damn bg and if I took an end game screenshot you'd see horde healers with a combined 30M heals with not a single death, seriously?

I've been doing bg's for like 6 years almost exclusively and after 6 years people still suck balls at the same shit, do Blizzard need to make healers 4 times as big as normal players with an illuminous pink glow we can see for 2 miles or something? this is why bg's need healer limits because having 6 healers in a 15 vs 15 is GG when you have 1 and a nerf at that, no matter what healer I go on regardless of gear I can easily heal 10M+ and not die.

Long story short, healers ruin bg's and alliance never attack the bloody things, anyone agree?

Oh btw, I've probably healed 90% of the bg's I've done so this isn't some anti-healer QQ.

nice title, wish i was 8 years old again :/

So you blame the enemies healers because your team is derpy?

Deleted
    Same on both sides.

Deleted
    CCing a healer and nuking a DPS is usually far more effective. Every time I try to do that though, people go and attack the healer!

15+ Year Old Account
    Your subjective view, regardless of how long, is still subjective.

However, my view is also subjective. I never PvP alone, as a healer it'd be boring, thanks to playing with friends we call targets and turn tides.

It probably doesn't matter, but I've almost been solidly Alliance since a few weeks before Valiona (3.3.5?) otherwise Horde or Horde/Alliance - doing BGs since mid-TBC.

I downloaded HealersHaveToDie, and recommend it to everyone. Great addon for randoms.

I also made a macro something like this:

/y [skull]HealersHaveToDie v1.1: %t is a Healer! Focus fire on him![skull]

and I use it whenever I see a healer I want people to attack. I reckon less than 10% of players actually respond to it but hey, better than nothing. And I hope that if I use it, people will at least get curious about the addon and download it.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    Holy shit, I can't for the life of me understand why no dps on alliance attack healers?
    Yeah the idiot Hordies never attack heale... wait what?

I see the same thing on the Horde side buddy :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    HealersHaveToDie is a great AddOn. I'd like to say the /y function is great, but there's so much yelling in BGs (especially AV, those NPCs don't shut up) that it wouldn't stand out. Can you make it do a double line such as :

/bg [skull]HealersHaveToDie v1.1: %t is a Healer! Focus fire on him![skull]
    /s [skull]HealersHaveToDie v1.1: %t is a Healer! Focus fire on him![skull]

Question: Can everyone see the raid marks it drops? I had assumed that only the AddOn user (or users?) could see it. Unless a user has Raid Leader/ Assistant?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    HealersHaveToDie is a great AddOn. I'd like to say the /y function is great, but there's so much yelling in BGs (especially AV, those NPCs don't shut up) that it wouldn't stand out. Can you make it do a double line such as :

/bg [skull]HealersHaveToDie v1.1: %t is a Healer! Focus fire on him![skull]
    /s [skull]HealersHaveToDie v1.1: %t is a Healer! Focus fire on him![skull]

Question: Can everyone see the raid marks it drops? I had assumed that only the AddOn user (or users?) could see it. Unless a user has Raid Leader/ Assistant?
    When I used you in Final Fantasy 7 my ears hurt. >:c

10+ Year Old Account
    Killing a healer right now is a HUGE pain in the ass. Fuck Mistweavers and their Dematerialize shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Killing a healer right now is a HUGE pain in the ass. Fuck Mistweavers and their Dematerialize shit.
    Use your stuns smarter/ don't stun? Don't Charge -> Colossus Smash? *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by TeeZed View Post
    When I used you in Final Fantasy 7 my ears hurt. >:c
    >:c

Deleted
    Healers being OP as f*ck is the real issue here. Even if you want to kill the healer, you don't always have the raid group needed.

the games not balanced at all, never has been and never will be, deal with it or move on.

It's the same on hordeside EU. I attack healers as a warrior (since i really don't have any good cc for them) and i try to ask others to do aswell, but people don't even try. It's been like this since wotlk. In vanilla, people were way more organized and understood how to win bg:s before cross-realm bg:s.

the problem is, no one can solo a healer on their own, so they don't even attack them, so healers don't die because no one can solo a healer on their own, so they don't even attack them, so healers don't die because no one can solo a healer on their own...
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

I don't play 40v40 BGs and take some friends with me who know what to do. It's a social game, remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmedic View Post
    the problem is, no one can solo a healer on their own, so they don't even attack them, so healers don't die because no one can solo a healer on their own, so they don't even attack them, so healers don't die because no one can solo a healer on their own...
    easy to solo a resto shaman & Hpala.

It's a self fulfilling prophecy. Healers are, quite frankly, ridiculously overpowered. As a result, people don't bother attacking them cause they know they probably won't kill them unless the entire team attacks at once. Each person is thinking the same thing, and nobody takes the initiative, so the train doesn't get going. Then healers become even more overpowered than they already would be. Also, you're naive if you really believe it's a problem specific to your faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've raged quit over this a million times..
    Being the only DPS, using all CD's to at least pressure the healer to heal himself, instead of his allies.. It's exhausting.
    I like juice

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a known fact that if you kill a healer in a BG, you will get chlamydia. That's why I avoid it.

JK, I don't know. I always target healers when I'm in battlegrounds. I play Horde though.