Thread: Thok the BT

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Thok the BT

Our world of Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-bko5a8h1s8a81sfi/

As you'll see we tried every combination possible 2 healing even 1 tanking (almost worked with controlling the bloodied!), replacing our disc who was struggling to keep up with a resto druid. Looking around some others that have downed healing seems OK but our dps... it's not terrible but can anyone so far who've done it can verify that it might be letting us down? Would be much appreciated as it's kinda frustrating using up all our tools and not knowing what else we can really do.

Much appreciated <3

Forgot to add that we wee using hero at start - but just didn't seem viable to me with the dmg eek.

- - - Updated - - -

No one else having issues? :'( sadtimes..

Personally id save lust for the final phase (aka fire phase) because that is the deadliest and you want him sub 20% at the start of fire phase if at all possible.

Also what order are you doing for kite? Water-Nature- Fire?
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

lust at the start, there is no point saving at final phase since you will lose dps while moving
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

a lot of guilds killed him before hotfix, I think. His energy gain is much higher now, making the needed dps and healing requirements much higher. He might even be slightly overtuned compared to the rest of the instance.

3 healing and trying to extend the kite phase while ranged dps are on the boss, seems to be the way now.
    Last edited by Nightspear; 2013-09-16 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprixius View Post
    Also what order are you doing for kite? Water-Nature- Fire?
    Yes, this is order we've been using. Pretty sure had a nature first but didn't seam to make much difference.
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Deleted
    yeah, we kited thok wrong so our dps on thok was quite bad on the few tries we had on him, but the way to go seems to be to kite him around the "little" room and if you have ppl that can give you movement speed, pull you away or have lock gateways down it should be a lot easier. the healing requirement does seem a bit high but it should be doable but it is a massive healing check.

Hi,
    we just downed him tonight with a 2 heal setup (pala,druid) and 2 Tanks (monk,pala). Lust on pull, Paladin starts tanking first p1, any other tankphase was startet with monk tank. We choose frost->fire->poison because the poison dot is applied in groups of 3 and therefore hard to dispell with 2 heals.
    Link: www . worldoflogs . com / reports / rt-syyj07wejjrgjjr9 / sum / damageDone / ?s=11895&e=12267
    (sorry for the format :/ forum rules)

special tricks:
    - devotion aura protects your casters of the interrupt
    - tanks+melees do the key guard
    - open the cages at ~9 stacks speed buff, right after he picked a new target

Thats the way we did it.
    Hope it helps

Hi mate,

Our group killed him last night, 11 wipes all up..... Most of them wipes are at 15% :S the Nature and the Fire parts are the most hardest on the healers.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11155&e=11536

Was a hard fight in a way everything needed to go right for the running part. With bad RNG in the nature phase where both healers will get to be picked to run... Is not fun

The only thing I can suggest from looking at your logs is up your dps/healing (you can go further than 14 stacks), boss should be at 65% or lower when you transition to the first kite phase.

Use devo aura to free cast for 6 seconds, bop healers (have your pally spec clemency) after devo expires to prolong your very first stack phase.

Aim to kite the boss for as long as possible - this will allow your healing CDs to come back for the next phase (free the water guy first). You really need to try and go further than 6-7 stacks that i see on your second stack phase

And make sure you guys are dispelling debuffs in green phase, they are really bad (on your pull #8 shammy had a 2 stack on him for damn 20 seconds!)

Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Hi mate,

Our group killed him last night, 11 wipes all up..... Most of them wipes are at 15% :S the Nature and the Fire parts are the most hardest on the healers.

Was a hard fight in a way everything needed to go right for the running part. With bad RNG in the nature phase where both healers will get to be picked to run... Is not fun
    OT, but why didn't you use bloodlust on 0 (zero)?
    That way any first applied dots/snapshotting summons (after the precast) will also profit from it and you might get more out of a bloodlust-on-pull than you do now.

10+ Year Old Account
    We killed him tonight. Our order was Frost, Poison, Fire. We heroed on the pull and pushed phase 1 to about 18-22 stacks. After that we had kiters go down the hallway then back the entire time. I believe I opened the cells around 6-9 stacks. When we got to the fire phase, we stacked up DPS'd and let it phase fairly quickly. Killed him via kiting. 3 healed (pally, druid, sham) warrior/pally tanks.

Our logs http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5783&e=6296

GM of <Top Shelf> on Sargeras

Deleted
    Thank you so much guys for all the info! Were pretty retarded not picking up on the devo thingy -.- We have raid tonight and shall be kiting him better (since you mentioned we only did like 3-4 fixates) and we didn't take advantage of our toolkit. Our raid's ilvl isn't the best either so we're really scraping the barrel here :P Makes it fun if frustrating!

i see you have shaman pala warlock in the raid

you can use spirit link + warlock dark bargain for a big cd

devotion aura to prevent interupts also u have ele shaman he can drop another tide + ancestral guidence
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

BoP on Druid + Tranquility = gg

3 Healed it last night. Druid/Monk/Sham. After about 1.5H of trying to 2 heal we just 3 healed and killed it in 2-3 tries. Poison->Frost->Fire phase order. 1st phase we got to about 60% (hero on pull, devo auras when the skreetches get out of control, bop druid for tranq, etc.). 3 Healing just seems like SUCH a better idea. Have a CD rotation for the Poison and Frost, then basically just dps the fire door and don't suck @ not standing and stuff and it's a kill. Ranged STAY ON BOSS. Melee on the Prisoner. Only call for some dps help on the Prisoner if Thok is getting too fast and you need the gate open ASAP, other than that it isn't bad to extend those kite phases a bit for easy dps. Monk/Warr tank setup for me (I'm the Monk). Felt like our warrior was getting hit prettttty hard on this fight, not sure why, never had that problem on any other, so I took many more stacks of debuffs than he did. I'd be taking 3-4 and him 1-2. Dampen Harm is OP for this fight. Its actually really easy once you realize you can kite him down the hall and have a bit of a CD rotation set up for the tank and spank phases. All in all, I definitely recommend 3 healers, our healers are really strong and good players but it was just more of a dps increase to actually have 1 less dps and more heals to extend phases.

Deleted
    Taking Cascade for stacked fight, and not using pom on fight with constant dmg is big facepalm. Additionaly im not sure, but it seems that he should have more healing from poh (even if he use it mainly for spirit shell, still he should have few casts between Thok's interrupts). Additionaly i dont really now what is with his gear. He got wrong gems for both disci & shadow (even if he regemed shadow to disci for thok or another fight)

Yeah we had a couple 10% wipes with 2 healers. And then switched to 3 heals and one shot it, first phase was extended quite a lot and would recommend it.

What helped a lot for us is, since we had 2 Paladins, they would BoP me when his energy regeneration is insanely quick, so I can sit there and Tranq through 2-3 of his roars.

And there's the 3rd healer we brought in ^^^^ lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by NesQuek View Post
    Yeah we had a couple 10% wipes with 2 healers. And then switched to 3 heals and one shot it, first phase was extended quite a lot and would recommend it.
    What this guy said.