The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Resto Shaman Stats question

I started progressing through SoO Normal, but only killed two bosses so far with my guild, and our current heal setup consists of me (Resto Shaman), a Holy Pala and a Disc Priest. And as of now, i have not had any real mana problems, neither have the other two healers in my group.

I have been reading many of the posts here, but so far i have found nothing of big help, most of them are still speculations.

My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...haradia/simple

So far, i have pushed slightly for the 7613 Haste cap, but im starting to think it was a bad idea since im doing 10man and its hard to keep as many players as possible inside healing rain.
    Would i be safer to drop down to around 3900 Haste and put the rest into Crit?
    And i know this is more of a personal preference, but how low would it be possible to drop Spirit in favour of more Int and Crit?
    As you can see on my armory, i got the LMG, and 502 version of Horridons trinket which made a huge difference with my regen.

Any help possible is appreciated.

im raiding 10m with a disc priest and/or a holy pala and for ME: going from 3k ish to the 7k ish breakpoint was so awesome... (got some top 10 ranks with it back in ToT) ... just forged to the 8k ish brekpoint now (9200 for latency n stuff) just gonna try it tonight...

btw: rest crit ofc... with around 20 to 25% crit i was fine with around 10 - 12 k spirit (but in SoO im gonna stack a lil more)

I have the extra tick of healing rain(7613) and have 11.7k spirit (+meta) and had no problems with mana healing the first 4 bosses of SoO normal.

I guess if you are not having any problems then there is nothing to worry about.

Logs from my first night in SoO, nothing special, but there might be something there to help http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-v4y0ii0r0tl5r6h3/
    “I’m like King Midas in reverse. Everything I touch turns to shit.”

Deleted
    I'm also chilling at about 12k spirit, no LMG (recently rerolled), 502 horridon's grasp and 522 VP trinket and I had no mana issues in SoO normal. Given, i've only done Sha of Pride and Galakras on normal as I wasn't on the first run of the week but only on the second. However with raidbuffs I have 25% or more crit, but I barely have the lower haste softcap (with raidbuffs I do) as my ilvl is low'ish (520) on shaman.

Somehow I'd like to go for more haste, not so much for the 2nd cap but just for some faster casts.. this isn't really recommended though, so I guess with more gear I'll just go for the higher cap when I can without sacrificing too much regen. The high'ish crit compensates for lower spirit nicely. Our other resto shammy has lower crit but about 16-17k spirit, so he's the mana battery buut he's also over 20 ilvls more geared than me

10+ Year Old Account
    Your gear is about where I made the switch to the 7613 haste breakpoint as well. You're sacrificing a lot of crit for it at that gear level, that is true. It'll get better though. With a bit of SoO loot, you'll soon have so much haste on your gear that you'll have difficulties to NOT be over the haste breakpoint and you'll have ample crit to boot as well.

If you pay attention to your healing habits, you might notice that you're actually using HR more often than you'd assume from just separating encounters into stacked/not-stacked. Very often, HR is worth it even if you can't get many people into it due to encounter design. After all, it's still a powerful HoT, even if you catch only 3 people with it or even if people merely run through it for a tick or two and grab some Earthliving from it. And raids aren't filled with Dark Animuses where you can actually heal without ever using healing rain at all (in my firstkill I didn't use HR at all, it was such chaos. In later kills, I'd put down a HR at my feet, for people to grab a tick or even only for myself if nobody ran through it - but that is an encounter that a shaman scrapes by with exclusively single-target heals. Horrible really to not be using half your toolkit due to encounter design). I think Immerseus was the only encounter in SoO for which HR seemed entirely useless. In any other SoO encounter, I found uses for it (for some reason, the armory won't show Klaxxi as killed for any of the people in my guild who were in the raid, but we did. Hopefully getting Garrosh down too this ID. Very good encounter for HR and our raid-CDs. It's like the encounter is built around our 3-minute-CDs, I love it.). In most of the phases where a lot of damage is incoming, you'll be able to use HR to its full effect.

You'll probably need to 2-heal encounters eventually. For that, you might need a bit more spirit. Keep that in mind and pay attention to how your mana feels.

Edit: Forgot to say that I usually 2-heal with a paladin, sometimes with a druid. 3-heal encounters are done with shaman/druid/paladin in my raid. That always seems to be an important bit of info
    Last edited by Seriss; 2013-09-16 at 10:36 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice, thanks for the help everyone!
    Going to give it a try with ~9200 Haste, 11,2k Spirit and 21% Crit raidbuffed and see how things goes.
    If it doesn't work out well, i can always drop down to a point where everything is fine.

@Seriss, Yeah, my luck with gear haven't been that great, but it could change now in SoO.
    I'm using HR as much as possible, mostly in hope that people will step into it and stand in it for longer, especially on encounters with higher aoe damage going on.
    I did find one use of HR at Immerseus, but that was on the rare occasions when i got 2-4 healable adds at the same place to benefit from a quick healing rain and chain heal for the extra slowing.

If we are ever going to 2-heal encounters, it will most likely be me going dps since im the only one of us healers that have a good enough dps specc and also able to push out high enough numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mancerot View Post
    Nice, thanks for the help everyone!
    Going to give it a try with ~9200 Haste, 11,2k Spirit and 21% Crit raidbuffed and see how things goes.
    If it doesn't work out well, i can always drop down to a point where everything is fine.

@Seriss, Yeah, my luck with gear haven't been that great, but it could change now in SoO.
    I'm using HR as much as possible, mostly in hope that people will step into it and stand in it for longer, especially on encounters with higher aoe damage going on.
    I did find one use of HR at Immerseus, but that was on the rare occasions when i got 2-4 healable adds at the same place to benefit from a quick healing rain and chain heal for the extra slowing.

If we are ever going to 2-heal encounters, it will most likely be me going dps since im the only one of us healers that have a good enough dps specc and also able to push out high enough numbers.
    My guild normally put a star on me and they stand near me as i'll normally drop a healing rain down so they know where to stand. This worked a treat on Norushen and Sha of Pride. The fallen protectors is another good fight where healing rain and chain heal(glyphed) works a treat. On our tries of Galakras I played around with conductivity.

We also tried flexi with some of our more casual players and I played around with conductivity on sha of pride - seems to work really well for that fight

Edit: I heal with Me, Monk, Disco or Me, Disco, Disco...my poor mastery :>
    Last edited by MaugrimEU; 2013-09-16 at 12:35 PM.
    “I’m like King Midas in reverse. Everything I touch turns to shit.”