Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why Do The Enemy AI in This Game Have ZERO Personality?

Without fail - whether it's in the overworld or within an instance - the enemy AI all stand in a single spot and awkwardly pace in a circle like mobs in WoW classic.

It's actually jarring and makes me question why SE doesn't add any "behaviour" to the enemy NPCs.

If you take Dragonflight for example, it's a normal occurrence to see a proto-drake fly through the sky to a different platform and then begin sleeping or to see a large family of kodos (rhino-type mob in WoW) traversing the plains in a pattern looks natural and shows attention to detail - adding behaviour patterns to enemies outside of having them pace in a fucking circle makes the game feel immersive.

FFXIV's instances AND overworld are OUTDATED and need to be overhauled. Like holy fuck, even the Timeless Isle (2012), had tech that allowed for advanced behaviours for their NPCs.

My point is, attention to detail matters in every aspect of the game! I am NEVER encouraged to immerse myself in the deadlands of Eorzea because zero effort has been involved in giving it any modicum of personality.

Yoshi-P are you reading this? Review and update.

Quote Originally Posted by mario710 View Post
    Yoshi-P are you reading this?
    What do you think?

7+ Year Old Account
    Would it be nice? Yes
    Would it add something important? Eh...
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    What do you think?
    That is precisely why this game is a well-polished relic - because the developers are antiquated and refuse to be innovative in their approach, I would LOVE a dungeon or raid in FFXIV that would be remotely open, like the Nokhud Offensive.

Even now, I'm impressed that they managed to turn an ENTIRE zone into a dungeon while composing the enemy layout/behaviours in a way that makes it feel alive. FFXIV is more than capable of accomplishing this, but instead, we're relegated to pointless three boss gauntlets with wall-to-wall pulls that have zero thought put into the mechanics.

As far as raid complexity is concerned, there are no complaints there.

Square Enix continues to deliver with the design of Savage encounters and Ultimates. It would, however be if they'd branch outside of teleporting us to a fucking circular platform for EVERY. SINGLE. ENCOUNTER.

The overworld and combat is one of the lackluster things about FF14 compared to the competition, but FFXIV has shown no innovation on that point over the years and there is no expectation to see it improved going forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Yoshi-P are you reading this?
    He doesn't appear to get feedback from even the official English forums either, given how unaware of popular sentiments when asked at fanfests or on livestreams.

- - - Updated - - -

Square Enix continues to deliver with the design of Savage encounters and Ultimates. It would, however be if they'd branch outside of teleporting us to a fucking circular platform for EVERY. SINGLE. ENCOUNTER.
    Sadly don't expect this to change either.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The overworld and combat is one of the lackluster things about FF14 compared to the competition, but FFXIV has shown no innovation on that point over the years and there is no expectation to see it improved going forward.

- - - Updated - - -

He doesn't appear to get feedback from even the official English forums either, given how unaware of popular sentiments when asked at fanfests or on livestreams.

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly don't expect this to change either.

This disappoints me though, man..

Without a doubt, FF14 has some of the most beautiful zones - especially if we're factoring in Shadowbringers and Endwalker. In terms of scale, Heavensward is MASSIVE and there is so much potential yet it sits there and rots.

I think it would be less egregious if future zones didn't suffer from the cold stagnation that afflicts virtually every zone in recent memory in the game. I want the world in Eorzea to feel alive.

Bloodsail Admiral
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Would it be nice? Yes
    I think it would, yes. If you're making an MMO, you are at least attempting to create a reasonable facsimile of a functioning world. Little things like NPCs having some programmed behaviors, while extremely simplistic, at least helps to reinforce that idea on first brush. Hell, man, even in *classic* WoW (2004!), predators will attack and kill critters like squirrels and rabbits if they path close to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Would it be nice? Yes
    Dunno, I think it would go into the right direction of making the overworld more relevant again. Especially the MSQ has become more and more like a walking simulator with some combat scenarios far and few between.

Without fail - whether it's in the overworld or within an instance - the enemy AI all stand in a single spot and awkwardly pace in a circle like mobs in WoW classic.

It's actually jarring and makes me question why SE doesn't add any "behaviour" to the enemy NPCs.

If you take Dragonflight for example, it's a normal occurrence to see a proto-drake fly through the sky to a different platform and then begin sleeping or to see a large family of kodos (rhino-type mob in WoW) traversing the plains in a pattern looks natural and shows attention to detail - adding behaviour patterns to enemies outside of having them pace in a fucking circle makes the game feel immersive.

FFXIV's instances AND overworld are OUTDATED and need to be overhauled. Like holy fuck, even the Timeless Isle (2012), had tech that allowed for advanced behaviours for their NPCs.

My point is, attention to detail matters in every aspect of the game! I am NEVER encouraged to immerse myself in the deadlands of Eorzea because zero effort has been involved in giving it any modicum of personality.

Most of the game has zero personality now. They have been releasing less and less content after each patch. Square Enix was never really a company that is big on getting customers in through the quality of their product. They are more focused on getting people addicted and then getting them hooked through feeling of missing out (you lose your hard to get house if you unsub the game) and peer pressure. It is no wonder that the majority stake holders in Square Enix are american banks. It is a company that is 1/10 size of Blizzard yet it spent 180 million in ONE year on marketing. Much of that marketing is bots and streamers convincing people to play the game. They could have spent the money into the game to actually make it interesting and fun to play instead. And yes, endwalker's story was a prediction of what was to come; shallow and bland.

I mean getting people to play an mmorpg for the story alone seems like a good way to swindle them. Because you are charging them 15 dollars for literally few cutscenes per year (when you can instead buy an entire streaming subscription for less). But the devs somehow manage to cheap out on that too. I think if they start releasing actual subscription numbers (and not registered users that are laughingly padded from free trial handouts) we will then see some real progress inside the game. Otherwise the company is making the same mistakes it made on launch (and thus the game had to be relaunched because it was so horribly self indulgent and clunky). I am not subbing to the game till they change the formula up and actually add some personality to the world. I have been checking out trailers and so far I am not impressed. I logged in my free trial account (registered user hah!) and it seemed like the playerbase has dropped tremendously; was very sad to see. I refuse to support this type of behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FFXIVuseryo View Post
    It is a company that is 1/10 size of Blizzard yet it spent 180 million in ONE year on marketing.
    Huh? Looking at financial statements, that's completely false. I'm all for bonking SE on the head a bit, but making up stuff isn't an option.

And yes, endwalker's story was a prediction of what was to come; shallow and bland.
    EW's story was amazing. The problem with FFXIV isn't the MSQ, it's everything that isn't MSQ and raids (raids being used in a large sense here, trials and Alliance raids as well).

I think if they start releasing actual subscription numbers (and not registered users that are laughingly padded from free trial handouts) we will then see some real progress inside the game.
    Blizzard doesn't release sub numbers either and prefers to use MAUs. Surprising, huh? XD

Otherwise, yes, the lack of an actual open world is a big problem for FF atm.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Huh? Looking at financial statements, that's completely false. I'm all for bonking SE on the head a bit, but making up stuff isn't an option.

EW's story was amazing. The problem with FFXIV isn't the MSQ, it's everything that isn't MSQ and raids (raids being used in a large sense here, trials and Alliance raids as well).

Blizzard doesn't release sub numbers either and prefers to use MAUs. Surprising, huh? XD

Otherwise, yes, the lack of an actual open world is a big problem for FF atm.

Their financial report for 2022 has them spending 192 million dollars on marketing

https://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/i..._13section.pdf

The story was very uninteresting and lukeworm. It was a total buzzkill. I also despised the dozens of quests which required me to walk and not run (as a form of time sink). Lately they are all about being lazy and getting profits. They keep asking people not to cheat or use 3rd party in their games yet they refuse to change their client.

And I do not play wow or care for it. Square enix should try to be honest and not mislead people with registered users clown terminology. But since you mentioned warcraft in your post; an unintended 3rd party software capability is discovered the devs immediately change how their client works - because they value their users. Maybe put some of that 190 million dollars to good use. Instead of asking people not to cheat lol maybe have a system where it runs on something other than faith? how can you even take a world race seriously in a game when they expect everyone to go on a faith system.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...event-Overlays

Square Enix has much work to do before they get money from me again.
    Last edited by FFXIVuseryo; 2023-08-27 at 09:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    [B]
    Their financial report for 2022 has them spending 192 million dollars on marketing
    Yes, they did (although the exact value is very hard to compute because the Yen crashed against the dollar for the whole of 2022).
    Now do the ratio of marketing to Revenue for SE and then for Activision Blizzard and be surprised at the result.
    Also, your "SE is 1/10 of size of Blizzard" is completely false, too.

They keep asking people not to cheat or use 3rd party in their games yet they refuse to change their client.
    From my understanding (I know quite some stuff about cyber law but not in Japan), JP legislation has a doesn't allow installing stuff like Warden on a user's PC. Therefore, SE cannot pull the crap Blizz does.

Square enix should try to be honest and not mislead people with registered users clown terminology.
    You would prefer Monthly Active Users clown terminology?

But since you mentioned warcraft in your post; an unintended 3rd party software capability is discovered the devs immediately change how their client works - because they value their users.
    Are you for real? You should look up how out of control bots are in WoW. Heck, one of the main tools is literally a WoW add-on.
    I don't know which universe you live in, but Blizzard currently doesn't give a flying crap about bots and cheaters.

Also, unlike you, SE isn't that out of touch and understands that if they crack down on the client security, it means:
    - No more shaders,
    - No more custom assets,
    - No more custom Gpose,
    - No more performance mode players,
    - No more housing tools,

In short, everything that defines the social tissue of FF (and FFXIV is a much more social game than WoW) will be gone immediately, at least in EU/US. And that would slash the playerbase quite a bit. I'm all for bonking SE for this and that, but they aren't that stupid.
    MMO player

Bloodsail Admiral
    1+ Year Old Account
    Also, unlike you, SE isn't that out of touch and understands that if they crack down on the client security, it means:
    - No more shaders,
    - No more custom assets,
    - No more custom Gpose,
    - No more housing tools,

In short, everything that defines the social tissue of FF (and FFXIV is a much more social game than WoW) will be gone immediately, at least in EU/US. And that would slash the playerbase quite a bit. I'm all for bonking SE for this and that, but they aren't that stupid.
    Actually implementing some kind of invasive client-sided check for "cheats" would absolutely flag Dalamud and ACT and kill them. And that would kill XIV's player counts more surely and quickly than *anything* they could otherwise do. I think they need to step up the pace at which they implement plugins into the base game, simply because it's frankly unfair that console players don't get access to the tools us PCMR types have. Housing with BDTH is a breeze and quite fun. Housing without BDTH requires hours spent watching videos and guides on how to do glitches and gimmicks for things as simple as just fucking placing rugs onto any surface that isn't the baseline floor...

And a *PERSONAL* DPS meter is absolutely a necessity. It doesn't need to show your group's DPS, it only needs to show *your* DPS. I think it should also incorporate XIVAnalysis, too - it should include things like empty GCDs and such, because that kind of information is *crucial* for improving your play. Add in storage for at least the past ten or so clears of any given boss/environment and I think you'd be in a good place. As long as it's opt-in and *only* shows your personal performance, I see zero fucking reason for why it shouldn't exist.

Yes, they did (although the exact value is very hard to compute because the Yen crashed against the dollar for the whole of 2022).
    Now do the ratio of marketing to Revenue for SE and then for Activision Blizzard and be surprised at the result.
    Also, your "SE is 1/10 of size of Blizzard" is completely false, too.

From my understanding (I know quite some stuff about cyber law but not in Japan), JP legislation has a doesn't allow installing stuff like Warden on a user's PC. Therefore, SE cannot pull the crap Blizz does.

You would prefer Monthly Active Users clown terminology?

Are you for real? You should look up how out of control bots are in WoW. Heck, one of the main tools is literally a WoW add-on.
    I don't know which universe you live in, but Blizzard currently doesn't give a flying crap about bots and cheaters.

- No more shaders,
    - No more custom assets,
    - No more custom Gpose,
    - No more housing tools,

You claimed my number was "completely false" yet my number was actually lower (I said 182 million dollars), yet they paid 192 million dollars on marketing. Things are not getting cheaper in Japan they are getting more expensive. Life is getting harder to live there.

https://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/i..._13section.pdf

Again you throw the term completely false around without doing any research at all yourself. I was being nice when I said 1/10th. Square Enix is 4.6 billion USD market cap to Activision's 72 billion market cap. It's 15.5 times smaller than activision

The thing about japanese legislation not allowing 3rd party seems like a very convinient excuse. Square enix is full of excuses because they have been saying they are limited by an old client for about 10 years now lol. But games like Valorant and Elden Ring run fine in japan and they all ship with anti cheats. Valorant is quite popular. Steam and counter strike has anti cheat in Japan. It seems like an old wive's tale that sprung up in FFXIV forums ironically.

And yes active users makes sense in a game like FFXIV because it has no other form of payment. You keep mentioning WoW but WoW has subscription tokens that you purchase from gold. But I don't care to compare with warcraft or even play that game. And last I played warcraft yes it had bots which lowered prices of mats no one cared for; but they were very tough on cheating in end game. And registered users is an incredibly dishonest metric for a game that sells free trials. I am not even going to get into the fact that most of the ranked pvp in this game has zero protection against win trading and it's pretty much how all the high ranks rank up. Honestly it feels like a scam of an mmo that's just meant to get people either addicted to some low hanging fruit or have them pay for some of the degenerate crap it offers to them on the side.

I don't care for the shaders. Maybe others do. Maybe shaders are what makes them play this game but not me. I can only speak for myself here. To me it is kind of trivial. When we are talking about laws though some of those addons are used to break the law in north america and maybe it is best for square enix to limit those addons.

I did not mean to argue or to be put this discussion in a place where you compare FFXIV with another game. The game just feels very shallow, boring and filled with cheaters the last couple of years. The story was a big let down after all that work I had to do walking from one spot to another. Who forces people to walk for a time sink? it does not get lower than that for a gaming company.

I think they need to actually invest some money into the game instead of into advertisement and tricking people in short term while losing subscriptions in long term. They pay streamers to peddle their pseudo scam of a game and then have some forum warriors on payroll but that's not what keeps the game going. Remember this was one of the first companies that wanted to jump into NFT; so they are not ashamed of exploiting people at all. It looks like they already launched the NFT project.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/7/20/2...jin-blockchain

They even have actual casinos inside their games which are also kind of illegal and require a separate license. But like I said making points about others games isn't going to make me like this one or play it if it has nothing fun to offer. I am not going to go "Oh that game is bad, and this one might be better. So I should play this game even though this game is not fun at all, and actually quite furstrating, and exploitative. I have nothing else to do with my life anyways, and I don't value myself as a paying customer or human being". No, that is not how I will be making my decisions. The game lacks a soul and personality as stated by the OP, and they need to develop some soul and personality that can be put into the storyline and combat of the game. Cheers~
    Last edited by FFXIVuseryo; 2023-08-28 at 04:57 AM.

They released 20 games in 2022, and also have huge mobile games. No shit they spent a lot on marketing. This has nothing to do with XIV and I don't know why MMO andies act like it's all their company produces.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2023-08-28 at 05:08 AM.

O.O I never really paid much attention to that stuff in WoW. It was always just a "oh they programmed the mob to pat from that cliff to that cliff instead of walk in a circle". But i can see that being cool I guess so I would dig it being added. I don't see it as game breaking though lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    You claimed my number was "completely false" yet my number was actually lower (I said 182 million dollars), yet they paid 192 million dollars on marketing. Things are not getting cheaper in Japan they are getting more expensive. Life is getting harder to live there.
    You can put ANY number between 160 and 190+ in here, because for 2022, the Yen has been slumping. So unless you convert each and every underlying piece from JPY to USD at the rate that was current back then, you will only approximate.

I know how to read financial statements, thank you. I could even read and make them for a living if it wasn't boring as heck.

Again you throw the term completely false around without doing any research at all yourself. I was being nice when I said 1/10th. Square Enix is 4.6 billion USD market cap to Activision's 72 billion market cap. It's 15.5 times smaller than activision
    See, with just that sentence, you demonstrated that you have no clue.
    You don't compare marketing to market cap, because market cap is extremely fickle and overall, isn't a very reliable element. Not to mention one is in the BS and the other in P&L. What you can do, however, is to compare it to the top line. So, let's do it:

Square Enix: (24739 + 611) MY / 365275 MY = 6.93%. That means less than 7% of net sales go to marketing the products (all of them, it's a group P&L)
    ActiBlizz (using FY2022 figures): 1217 M$ of sales and marketing / 7528 M$ of revenue = 16.1%

In other words, ABK spends more than 2x the amount in marketing than SE.

And yes active users makes sense in a game like FFXIV because it has no other form of payment. You keep mentioning WoW but WoW has subscription tokens that you purchase from gold. But I don't care to compare with warcraft or even play that game.
    Yet you went on a "but when wow had cheat they adjusted the client" trip without even bothering to check whether if it's true.

I am not even going to get into the fact that most of the ranked pvp in this game has zero protection against win trading and it's pretty much how all the high ranks rank up.
    WoW arenas have been wintrading since Season 1, nothing new here.

When we are talking about laws though some of those addons are used to break the law in north america and maybe it is best for square enix to limit those addons.
    What laws are they breaking? They break the TOS. TOS isn't a law in any way, shape or form, it's an agreement between two private parties.

I did not mean to argue or to be put this discussion in a place where you compare FFXIV with another game.
    Well, I compare MMORPGs to other MMORPGs, seems pretty sensible to me.

The story was a big let down after all that work I had to do walking from one spot to another. Who forces people to walk for a time sink? it does not get lower than that for a gaming company.
    But if you are on trial as you said, you only were able to experience ARR and HW? Now, if you don't like story and cinematics, it's fine, you should pick another MMO that suits your play style better.

I think they need to actually invest some money into the game instead of into advertisement and tricking people in short term while losing subscriptions in long term.
    Guess what, I AGREE. Unfortunately these days, most game companies are ran by execs that come from marketing and not from VG making. If anything, we are lucky that YoshiP is a video game creator by training, although it comes with a heavy

It looks like they already launched the NFT project.
    Yes, and then they yeeted the former CEO. XD
    I don't know yet how pants on head the current CEO is, we will have to see.

They even have actual casinos inside their games which are also kind of illegal and require a separate license.
    Thank the Twelve, this isn't Korea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    They released 20 games in 2022, and also have huge mobile games. No shit they spent a lot on marketing. This has nothing to do with XIV and I don't know why MMO andies act like it's all their company produces.
    Ironically, they spend 2x less than ABK in comparable percentages.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Serpent View Post
    Actually implementing some kind of invasive client-sided check for "cheats" would absolutely flag Dalamud and ACT and kill them. And that would kill XIV's player counts more surely and quickly than *anything* they could otherwise do.
    Yes GS, that is exactly what I said ^^ Glad we agree on that

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Serpent View Post
    I think they need to step up the pace at which they implement plugins into the base game, simply because it's frankly unfair that console players don't get access to the tools us PCMR types have.
    Because SE is too proud. With Blizzard, it was simple - they knew they couldn't design a decent UI, so they gave users APIs and went "meh, fans will fix it". From time to time, they remove some APIs because they are too powerful (hello, autodecurse from the old Molten Core days), but overall, they by far and large leave the UI be.

SE, on the other hand... There was an interview with the UI/UX designer on Lodestone recently, and that person is clearly not up to the task. Or doesn't have the budge to redo all the old UI. They think the stuff they did is perfect and conveniently ignore most of the feedback.

Now, I'm not a big JRPG player myself, but friends who are tell me that horrible UIs are unfortunately very common among them.
    MMO player

10+ Year Old Account

Even as far back as Vanilla, carnivorous animals would actively attack critters at times - a behaviour belonging to predators.
    EG; wolves or big cats would hunt down squirrels/rabbits/deer.

That adds SO much character to enemy AI.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

You can put ANY number between 160 and 190+ in here, because for 2022, the Yen has been slumping. So unless you convert each and every underlying piece from JPY to USD at the rate that was current back then, you will only approximate.

I know how to read financial statements, thank you. I could even read and make them for a living if it wasn't boring as heck.

See, with just that sentence, you demonstrated that you have no clue.
    You don't compare marketing to market cap, because market cap is extremely fickle and overall, isn't a very reliable element. Not to mention one is in the BS and the other in P&L. What you can do, however, is to compare it to the top line. So, let's do it:

Square Enix: (24739 + 611) MY / 365275 MY = 6.93%. That means less than 7% of net sales go to marketing the products (all of them, it's a group P&L)
    ActiBlizz (using FY2022 figures): 1217 M$ of sales and marketing / 7528 M$ of revenue = 16.1%

In other words, ABK spends more than 2x the amount in marketing than SE.

Yet you went on a "but when wow had cheat they adjusted the client" trip without even bothering to check whether if it's true.

WoW arenas have been wintrading since Season 1, nothing new here.

What laws are they breaking? They break the TOS. TOS isn't a law in any way, shape or form, it's an agreement between two private parties.

Well, I compare MMORPGs to other MMORPGs, seems pretty sensible to me.

But if you are on trial as you said, you only were able to experience ARR and HW? Now, if you don't like story and cinematics, it's fine, you should pick another MMO that suits your play style better.

Guess what, I AGREE. Unfortunately these days, most game companies are ran by execs that come from marketing and not from VG making. If anything, we are lucky that YoshiP is a video game creator by training, although it comes with a heavy

Yes, and then they yeeted the former CEO. XD
    I don't know yet how pants on head the current CEO is, we will have to see.

Thank the Twelve, this isn't Korea.

- - - Updated - - -

Ironically, they spend 2x less than ABK in comparable percentages.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes GS, that is exactly what I said ^^ Glad we agree on that

Because SE is too proud. With Blizzard, it was simple - they knew they couldn't design a decent UI, so they gave users APIs and went "meh, fans will fix it". From time to time, they remove some APIs because they are too powerful (hello, autodecurse from the old Molten Core days), but overall, they by far and large leave the UI be.

SE, on the other hand... There was an interview with the UI/UX designer on Lodestone recently, and that person is clearly not up to the task. Or doesn't have the budge to redo all the old UI. They think the stuff they did is perfect and conveniently ignore most of the feedback.

Now, I'm not a big JRPG player myself, but friends who are tell me that horrible UIs are unfortunately very common among them.

If you knew anything about finance you'd know that entertainment is not why people get hired in finance ROFL. But that does show your line of reasoning.

Everything you have said in your post is completely false. You seem to invent your own arguments and then argue against them. Yeah I don't know the minute by minute conversion of USD to yen but it is 192 million at the time I posted lol.

When I said company size I was specifically referring to market cap. Square Enix resulted from merger of Square and Enix. Same way activision blizzard came from merger of activision and blizzard.

I understand you are very passionate and biased in favor of a game (for reasons unknown to me), but you are not the only one. There were people who defending the game like this back when FFXIV was called the worst mmorpg of all time. And Square Enix had to relaunch the game under a new name after years of downtime. It was terrible for the people who paid for the $90 collector's edition.

You are again talking about warcraft lol. If warcraft was worse than FFXIV in any regard it would not mean I have to play FF. Warcraft does have win trading but it is not the only way to rank up. In FFXIV win trading is the only way to rank up. You don't even get queued in few weeks into the season because all the wintraders stop queing on their top characters and just sabotage climbers. This is ignoring the addons and cheaters and clunky combat in arena. They don't even have a rating system for ranking up it's just consecutive wins. Stupidest system you can think of (albeit a big time sink that works in favor of the company)

YoshiP is not that good of a person if he can't deliver a product promised to its users 10 years later. I am past the whole thing about making Yoshi a diety and thus people need to sub to his game. Guy needs to fix the game engine, do something about cheaters and do better in terms of gameplay. And as I already established they can easily use an anti cheat system because many games already have it in Japan. Maybe he should open a patreon account and start begging for donations there. Atleast then it would be an honest way to make a living.

SE is not proud. SE likes to keep its profit margins high and refuses to put money into the game. Their pride is not doing anything for gamers. Them being from Japan isn't an excuse for me to sub to a game that's no longer fun. Gaming products should be supported for being fun, not because of politics or likeable devs or their country of origin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Even as far back as Vanilla, carnivorous animals would actively attack critters at times - a behaviour belonging to predators.
    EG; wolves or big cats would hunt down squirrels/rabbits/deer.

That adds SO much character to enemy AI.
    The world itself is pretty pointless too after you end up finishing the questline. There are hunts but hunts are so incredibly boring, short and repetitive that it makes you hate the idea of travel and exploration.
    Last edited by FFXIVuseryo; 2023-08-28 at 10:19 PM.

I understand you are very passionate and biased in favor of a game (for reasons unknown to me), but you are not the only one. There were people who defending the game like this back when FFXIV was called the worst mmorpg of all time. And Square Enix had to relaunch the game under a new name after years of downtime. It was terrible for the people who paid for the $90 collector's edition.

YoshiP is not that good of a person if he can't deliver a product promised to its users 10 years later. I am past the whole thing about making Yoshi a diety and thus people need to sub to his game. Guy needs to fix the game engine, do something about cheaters and do better in terms of gameplay. And as I already established they can easily use an anti cheat system because many games already have it in Japan. Maybe he should open a patreon account and start begging for donations there. Atleast then it would be an honest way to make a living.

SE is not proud. SE likes to keep its profit margins high and refuses to put money into the game. Their pride is not doing anything for gamers. Them being from Japan isn't an excuse for me to sub to a game that's no longer fun. Gaming products should be supported for being fun, not because of politics or likeable devs or their country of origin.
    You seem to be laboring under the misapprehension that anyone here needs you to fervently play the game. If you don't want to, nobody's going to lose any sleep over it.