Page 49 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    ...I just have the chest piece which of course I've seen drop about a million times now.

this game has a good graphic but hell the armor is really crappy looking i see characters going around with high ilvl gear looking like a low level character barely out hellfire peninsula especially casters.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    this game has a good graphic but hell the armor is really crappy looking i see characters going around with high ilvl gear looking like a low level character barely out hellfire peninsula especially casters.
    One, taste is subjective. Current high ilvl gear is based more around either a very simple theme (Midas) or the Eikons/Primals. If you examine people, you have to hover over the piece of gear if there's a glamour on it. Unlike other games, it doesn't immediately say what the visuals of the gear are.

While there isn't as much dye freedom as in GW2, I still think it is SIGNIFICANTLY better than WoW. A piece of heavy armor doesn't just act like a second skin. Some will compress the breasts of females. Some have a mix of leather, chainmail, and plate. And they have texture of that. Armor also has very good physics for the butt capes flowing in the wind. There is also a LOT of freedom in the lower level armor as they are less limiting in their glamour options. For instance, there's a level 50 coat called the Kimuri coat that was originally just for Archers/Bards/Machinists, in the last patch they added a level 1 version that's available for all classes. Casters, Crafters, and Gatherers now have access to what was once a single class/job item.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadewind View Post
    One, taste is subjective. Current high ilvl gear is based more around either a very simple theme (Midas) or the Eikons/Primals. If you examine people, you have to hover over the piece of gear if there's a glamour on it. Unlike other games, it doesn't immediately say what the visuals of the gear are.

While there isn't as much dye freedom as in GW2, I still think it is SIGNIFICANTLY better than WoW. A piece of heavy armor doesn't just act like a second skin. Some will compress the breasts of females. Some have a mix of leather, chainmail, and plate. And they have texture of that. Armor also has very good physics for the butt capes flowing in the wind. There is also a LOT of freedom in the lower level armor as they are less limiting in their glamour options. For instance, there's a level 50 coat called the Kimuri coat that was originally just for Archers/Bards/Machinists, in the last patch they added a level 1 version that's available for all classes. Casters, Crafters, and Gatherers now have access to what was once a single class/job item.
    Agreed. Truthfully, none of wow's gear has ever really 'popped' for me like several of FFXIV's gear. I have 2 retainers full of items that I'm saving for glamour purposes. There's only been maybe 4 or 5 tier sets that I absolutely adored in WoW (priest t2/4/5/6) and only 1 item I've ever kept a hold onto because it is above and way my favorite looking items, Melmorta's Twilight Bow (also the fact that was a pain in the fucking ass to get!). I don't care about playing dress up in wow, because the designs of most of the gear is pretty whatever IMO. FFXVI though, more than happy to play it as Final Fashion XIV.
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2016-07-10 at 12:37 AM.

To be honest most of the armour in this game (in my opinion) is better looking than WoWs but the weapons... I'm not really a big fan of them minus the crafted versions of primal weapons and relic weapons which look amazing for the most part. One thing I really prefer in FFXIV though is the removal of the shoulder slot. There's some sets in WoW that just get ruined by that slot whereas in FFXIV they add one as part of the chest piece if it makes sense.

Glamour or transmog as you know it from WoW is a huge deal in FFXIV, probably more so than WoW. You see people wearing simple armour everywhere instead of the more extravagant stuff.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2016-07-10 at 01:18 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a shame though. None of the armor that I like and have access to can be dyed, so I kind of have a mish-mash of different looking armor and colors. They seem to really like restricting what you can dye and what you can't. Gw2 does it better in that regard imo. Hence, why I stopped taking screenshots in FFXIV. The look....just isn't there.

15+ Year Old Account
    since mch is lower lever then bard and cant use the wrangler set yet i had to make a cowboy looking set for it.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

What I've found with caster gear in this game is that it's much better to have a female toon if you're going to main a caster class, but that's like, my opinion on the matter.

Course people have argued that armor of all sorts looks better on the female characters throughout all sorts of games, but that's a whole other can of worms.

It is rather annoying how most of the caster armor pre-50 looks like a burlap sack thrown over your character. There's some decent looking stuff available, though, at later levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadewind View Post

taste is subjective but the collection of stupid hats is almost unbearable, not to mention the armor you get from the main quest at 50 the joker dress + drag queen shoes + Lincoln hat
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

taste is subjective but the collection of stupid hats is almost unbearable, not to mention the armor you get from the main quest at 50 the joker dress + drag queen shoes + Lincoln hat
    You can look on the Market Board for other armor and just glamour over them. I'm not a huge fan of that caster set, but the BLM relic armor (and getting it augmented to let us dye it) works for that. For SMN, I would save up and grab the Replica Dreadwyrm Robe.

After getting a job to level 50, you don't HAVE to wear the look of armor. I've seen some people make that set work. Hats don't really bother me as I use the level 51 crafting goggles since I can wear them on any class. There are also a nice selection of level 1 glasses and what not.

Another example as to why I love the lighting in this game - this time due to ceruleum:

10+ Year Old Account
    Got my Bard level 60.

Forgot I had this little fella active, and right before maintenance as I was turning in items for GC seals, this happened:

I forgot they do that sort of thing. The various emotes/poses/stances the minions do in this game can be rather hilarious. "Don't mind me, I'm just looking over and standing on your shoulder".
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2016-07-26 at 04:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the derp mount v2!

Couple of my newest toys, the 240 DRK anima and that damned glowing Yo-kai mount:

10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoying a lazy noon at the fireplace.

10+ Year Old Account