Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Guys, you do recall that Blizzard outright said that Flex Raid was not designed with the INTENT of PuGs, but for those organized groups struggling in Normal to be able to have something harder and more organized than LFR, but not as big a jump from LFR to Normal.

PUGs will fail hard mostly, for the next while, until they get caught up in LFR gear and MAYBE learn some mechanics.

I wouldn't PUG a Flex run. I'd fill it with friends and guildies. Cause that was more the intent.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10175200/

To fill this void, we’re in the process of developing a new Flexible Raid system, which includes a new difficulty that sits between Raid Finder and Normal difficulty, while still allowing friends, family, or pick-up groups to play together.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Not true really. It's as cross-realm as you can make it and the first time that current tier raiding has been available to cross-realm groups.* Go check OpenRaid if you don't believe me. So no, you're not forced to do that.

*Just to be clear about cross-realm raiding, I'm not talking about LFR in this case since it's a random group. Pugs up to this point were realm only for current tier if I'm not mistaken.
    Which just reinforces the fact that flex mode was fully intended to be pugged all along so I'm not sure where people are getting the idea that it is for guilds only. I have a feeling this "misconception" exists solely to create another issue to bitch about endlessly.

I've found that the 2nd boss is actually not too difficult on Flex, but the 3rd one seemed to have a fairly tough dps/heal req. the sha of doubt was a joke after killing norushen, though
    When your enemies meet death , it is my face that shall greet them.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Incorrect. I just double checked the initial blog entry that explained flex raiding and they did intend on flex mode being pugged so no it isn't just for guilds. If that were the case they wouldn't be cross realm.
    Cross realm would be useful even if they didn't intend for pugs to be formed. Grouping with friends on other servers, for example.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    Blizz clearly stated fro the beginning (of Flex) that PUGs weren't the prime target audience for Flex, and certainly not immediately at launch of the new raid.
    Eventually there will be perfectly functional PUGs through Flex, just like there were with ICC, but to expect it now, first week of 5.4? Naive, and certainly attempting to strecth the feature (Flex) beyond what it was intended for.
    And yet Blizzard states themselves they are designed to be pugged as well. Can we please stop making these stupid claims to the contrary?

The best part of FLex is that you can drop the dead weight (to a point) and it gets EASIER

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    While I am sure you are enjoying a sense of righteous smugness, don't let that blind you to the consequences of this segregation. It isn't providing a good game experience for most players. Why do you think the game is losing so many this expansion?

The success of the game absolutely depends on satisfying bad players, simply because the ones you'd call good are such an insigificant minority. If the bads leave, the game doesn't become better, it becomes deceased.
    I guess I should expect you in all the flex raid threads since you have such a hard on for bashing raiding in general. People are not quitting just because of flex mode or any other difficulty mode. If anything flex mode has given players who felt marginalized by harder normal modes in Mop content they can actually do. I can't even fathom how you can turn Blizzard addressing a player complaint and giving them a solution in the same expansion a reason for people to quit. Really just give it a rest already. We get it. You hate raiding and raiders. Awesome. Not everyone is you.

Every Flex run I seen wants you to have IL 520 min + exp with fights
    Flex too? That seems the be the asking IL for H Scenarios as well, haha!

It can be pugged easily, but people need to be willing to listen and not tunnel/afk auto attack.

So bluntly they can't act like typical LFR heroes.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    Now they just need to finalize the server "merge" thing with V. realm and then remove LFR and we might have a game again.
    Or you could just mind your own god damn business and stop worrying about what others are doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Flex is basically the same thing as 10 man in WotLK. Good thing or bad thing you decide.
    What is truly sad is seeing the exact same posters who have done nothing but whine and moan about the loss of Wrath style 10 man pugs bash the ever living hell out of flex raiding.

I feel lucky that the first time i did it it was thru openraid with a bunch of randoms that only spoke spanish. We one shotted everything and i got 3 out of 4 items. one of the best wow night of my life lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    Most of the Wildstar beta that I participated in consisted of global chat talking about how much better World of Warcraft was until we eventually logged off and logged onto Warcraft instead (that was hilarious).

Quote Originally Posted by noskillz View Post
    We thought we could use flex for recruit.
    Worst. Idea. Evar.

We basically had our main raid (8 of them) carrying 10-12 undergeared clueless baddies making the encounters hard as the normal ones, hitting enrage timers and going oom on every fight because 2 out of 4 healers' output was ridicolous.
    So you are complaining that using flex mode to test out possible recruits is working exactly like it was supposed to? Flex mode doesn't guarantee skilled players any more than any other mode did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ares66 View Post
    Really don't understand how people are STILL moaning about this brand new mode when you can choose who you want in your raid...

Unbearable the lot of you.
    It seems as though the elitist attitude of wannabe hardcores has finally come back to bite them in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    And yet Blizzard states themselves they are designed to be pugged as well. Can we please stop making these stupid claims to the contrary?
    Saying that it was designed primarily for guilds and groups of friends is not the same thing as saying it was not designed for pugging. Both things have been apparent all along and plenty of people, myself included, have said it should help realm pugging. So no one is saying that you can't pug out of it. No one has ever said that that I'm aware of.

Tom Chilton in a pre-5.4 interview:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The intent behind that is really to fill a gap that we feel like we have not nailed well in quite some time, probably not since Lich King. Ever since -- when raids became more difficult in Cataclysm, we realized that oh man, there's a lot of guilds out there that haven't gotten accustomed to raiding during Wrath of the Lich King, that just weren't able to progress anymore. They weren't able to step up their game to the point that the raids were tuned.

At the end of Cataclysm of course we introduced the Raid Finder. We sort of imagined that that was the better way to replace the pickup group experience that existed back during Wrath of the Lich King, all the spamming in raid chat, that kind of stuff to find a group. We felt like that's just a really clumsy process, let's take what we learned with the Dungeon Finder and apply that to raids, and the casual raiders will be able to take their entire guild, they'll be able to go into the Raid Finder and have a great experience.

As it turned out, because a lot of these guilds don't really have -- they aren't necessarily 25 person guilds -- they aren't going and they aren't really filling out all of Raid Finder. They get in there, they get mixed in with a whole bunch of random people, and it doesn't really feel like the cohesive, social playing with friends experience that a raid would have felt like, like a 10-person Normal raid in Wrath of the Lich King. So we really still had that gap. We hadn't filled it well with the Raid Finder. Raid Finder did do a good job in terms of finding the player that doesn't have a guild and doesn't really feel like standing around in trade chat all the time the opportunity to see the content. but it didn't solve all the problems, all those gaps we had. We feel like the introduction of that Flex Raid really fills that final gap.
    Casual guilds or small guilds that need to bring in a few people or that don't want to sit someone unnecessarily. Pugs as well. Relax.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

I just want to find a group of enough people who are interested in flex, and raid every so often. then again, I'm on moon guard and I fear pugs for anything at this point, Sigh I need to make new friends for this. "slash emo endslash" -.-

Flex is entirely what you make of it,

if you run a Flex raid with more than half of the players as strangers who may or may not have ever raided, of course it will suck, but that is entirely YOUR OWN FAULT.

if you don't guide new players carefully and thoughtfully, and sit/kick players who are not pulling their own way, of course it will suck, but that is entirely YOUR OWN FAULT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adonias View Post
    I just want to find a group of enough people who are interested in flex, and raid every so often. then again, I'm on moon guard and I fear pugs for anything at this point, Sigh I need to make new friends for this. "slash emo endslash" -.-
    make some cross-realm friends if you can. and you can increase your pool to beyond your home realm.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Today I saw "LFM Gold Challenge Modes - need min 520 ilvl" !!!

Did a Flex try other day with friends, pugged the rest.

The second boss confused the puggers for some reason, especially the healer we got.

Going to do some more tomorrow (friends cleared Flex on mains so will just get some more of their guildies tomorrow I guess).

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Flex is entirely what you make of it,

if you run a Flex raid with more than half of the players as strangers who may or may not have ever raided, of course it will suck, but that is entirely YOUR OWN FAULT.

if you don't guide new players carefully and thoughtfully, and sit/kick players who are not pulling their own way, of course it will suck, but that is entirely YOUR OWN FAULT.

- - - Updated - - -

make some cross-realm friends if you can. and you can increase your pool to beyond your home realm.
    It's not other people job to teach or help new players, the majority of players (or humans in almost every situation in life) don't give a shit about anyone but themselves or people close to them. While I agree that inviting bad players is there own fault to some degree, kicking people is just as much part of being a good raidleader.

A raidleader is there to guide you in big lines of what is going to happen soon, not to hold peoples hand and guide them every step of the way.

But I agree with you, for different reasons.

Thank you, Grubjuice. I do have a few friends, most are horde atm, as I am alliance, just the stigma of MG has ruined my desire for others, quiet a loop I have put myself in, Thank you though for your words. ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Ugum View Post
    Flex too? That seems the be the asking IL for H Scenarios as well, haha!
    There are folks on TI that request 515 for turtle farming.

No, I am not kidding.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

some people dont want to make tasks harder by undergeared people...it's really that easy. usually people wont care the ilvls if its within their own guild....hence why choosing a proper guild and sticking with it is better than being a loner i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    It's not other people job to teach or help new players, the majority of players (or humans in almost every situation in life) don't give a shit about anyone but themselves or people close to them. While I agree that inviting bad players is there own fault to some degree, kicking people is just as much part of being a good raidleader.
    I can't imagine how a 'me-first' playerbase, filled with players who feel it's not their responsibility to help out other players, becomes surprised when they find out how many sub-par players are around.

In short, if you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion