Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Flex is easier on some fights than LFR, and vise versa.
    The only thing that makes LFR "difficult" is the "herding cats" effect.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

done flex without enchants + gems, with enchants + random gems (str) and with best enchants + gems on same gear

-without enchants + gems in third boss inside orb
    I can only kill three mobs before time end

-with enchants + strength gems = I can kill all 4 mobs (85k dps)

-with right gem + enchants (for some reason I only used strength gem on my DK only to find out that cri > str... than again I haven't joined pug since cata)
    now I have 100K dps+

LFR version was joke
    Last edited by greeeed; 2013-09-19 at 01:09 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    If you're going to leave the raid just leave it. There's no need to start a fight while you do it.

And as far as what the pug raid leader does or doesn't have as gear, you clearly are never going to change anything about the enchants that a stranger has in a pug. As far as I'm concerned the only two grown-up things to do are: (a) Shut up and play, and (b) Take your leave.

Bitching about someone's extreme laziness is only appropriate when that person is seriously negatively affecting you (and in a flex pug someone else's 15 missing enhancements really WON'T affect you), and when your complaint has some actual ability to affect that person. When it's someone who isn't going to listen to you anyway, don't bitch. Play or leave, those are the choices.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, if that person is a complete stranger, it is in fact being a jerk.

If you are the raid leader, and you expect everyone to be in more or less fully gemmed and enchanted gear, then that's fine, sure.

If you are some random person talking to another random unknown person in the raid and you say "Why aren't you gemmed," then that is you being a jerk.
    I really give up. If you want to be an ostrich then so be it. If you really get offended when someone points out your laziness then fix the problem so it doesn't happen in the first place. When did everyone become such wimps?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    If you really get offended when someone points out your laziness then fix the problem so it doesn't happen in the first place.
    What you deem lazy may not be laziness at all, if you read my previous posts.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

I really give up. If you want to be an ostrich then so be it. If you really get offended when someone points out your laziness then fix the problem so it doesn't happen in the first place. When did everyone become such wimps?
    I don't think you understand what we're getting at here. When someone's offended they don't have a problem. They just won't play with you anymore and then it's your problem. You never know where that person you offended is going to end up. Someday they may step up their game and eventually wind up in a really good guild that you apply to. One bad word from them and you're rejected. You won't even know why. By all means continue to act like a complete jerk and chalk up the offence everyone else takes to mere wimpiness. I guarantee that no one is losing sleep over putting you on their ignore list. The problem ultimately becomes yours, not theirs. This advice applies in game as well as in real life. A little courtesy goes a long way and costs you absolutely nothing. What does anyone ever gain by acting like an asshole?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    What you deem lazy may not be laziness at all, if you read my previous posts.
    You're still dancing around the real problem here. He was a raid leader, forming a raid. Not a 5man, scenario, farming run, zerging a world boss, etc. There's a certain level of expectation when doing a raid. You aren't missing 15 enhancements because "you forgot" or you are "low on gold." Even if the person recently received 3 items what about the other 4?

10+ Year Old Account
    You're still dancing around the real problem here. He was a raid leader, forming a raid. Not a 5man, scenario, farming run, zerging a world boss, etc. There's a certain level of expectation when doing a raid. You aren't missing 15 enhancements because "you forgot" or you are "low on gold." Even if the person recently received 3 items what about the other 4?
    You've clearly not been on a low-pop realm.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You've clearly not been on a low-pop realm.
    What does it matter if its a low-pop realm or not? Noone is an enchanter? Got no jewelcrafters floating about?

You can keep telling yourself there are all these excuses but it comes down to the fact you arent prepared to do the ground work for raiding and therefore should not be surprised if youre told youre not invited.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    I just joined some random group from tradechat for a flex raid because I had nothing else to do. I was so bored that I thought I would look the guy up on the armory (the raidleader and tank who invited me) and this is what happened
    Which server was that?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had nothing but good experiences with flex thus far. It almost harkens back to WotLK, where you'd run one raid difficulty with PUGs and another with guildies.

I grouped in a flex today. First try against sha of pride. Top dps and we all wiped because tank went down. Second try top dps again this time I aggroed the adds off the tank somehow even after waiting for him to aggro, and they kick me saying I wasn't thunder clapping enough. Now this is the problem with flex and I'm sure it's very realm dependent, but in my experiences there is huge turnover because the person who puts these groups together is usually the lowest common denominator when it comes to understanding how to manage players.

This mentality that if it is not one shot you should replace players over and over. I've seen this in oqueue too. Everyone is most likely learning by experience anyway, and then you kick them right when there starting to get it. You can read about the boss 100 times but actually doing the fight is were you really learn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    What does it matter if its a low-pop realm or not? Noone is an enchanter? Got no jewelcrafters floating about?
    Lol, you ask the question and then give the answer in the same post.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    You can keep telling yourself there are all these excuses but it comes down to the fact you arent prepared to do the ground work for raiding and therefore should not be surprised if youre told youre not invited.
    It's impossible to be fully prepared for raiding without external help on a single character. Mining/Jewelcrafting's probably the best you can do, missing enchants, Leatherworking Leg Armor, Glyphs, and so on. There's always a hole in a blanket dismissal of someone with lacking evidence.

Just to clarify I am myself ready for raiding on my main, just need a guild or a PuG to get myself started. :3
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Deleted
    I generally find better pugs on cross realm webistes then trade chat unless you set a crazy high ilvl req to join.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since LFR came out, I've found a vast improvement in the Flex groups.

Thank god the majority of those "muh $15" players are doing LFR rather than Flex now. I've got my alts up to the point where they don't need a single piece of gear from LFR which makes me extremely happy. I will not step another foot into LFR (ever) as long as Flex continues to exist.

LFR is basically designed for the following group of people:

- People who refuse to follow or learn boss mechanics
    - People who refuse to learn how to efficiently play their class in a raiding environment
    - People who want to feel special with purple gear but don't want to take the time to pug anything else

I'm sure this will be quoted with "but I'm a casual", "muh $15" and other "I have a life" type comments. Everyone has a life.. even a good majority of Blood Legion raiders have lives and jobs. I'm tired of people using the "I have a life" excuse as to why they can't move out of AoE or follow simple mechanics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by greeeed View Post
    done flex without enchants + gems, with enchants + random gems (str) and with best enchants + gems on same gear

-without enchants + gems in third boss inside orb
    I can only kill three mobs before time end

-with enchants + strength gems = I can kill all 4 mobs (85k dps)

-with right gem + enchants (for some reason I only used strength gem on my DK only to find out that cri > str... than again I haven't joined pug since cata)
    now I have 100K dps+

LFR version was joke
    Str > crit if your gear is low enough to only put out 85k dps.

Use simcraft, don't use someone elses stat weights. I'm beginning to think that your Norushen fail was just a l2p issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    LFR is basically designed for the following group of people:
    - People who refuse to follow or learn boss mechanics
    Exaggeration. Ignoring mechanics in LFR can still kill you. See Amber-Shaper, Elegon, Lei Shi, Horridon, Durumu, Primordius, and Lei Shen.
    - People who refuse to learn how to efficiently play their class in a raiding environment
    Nice tar-brush. Ascribing the lack of knowledge of the few onto the masses is clearly a false extrapolation.
    - People who want to feel special with purple gear but don't want to take the time to pug anything else
    Like the previous point, ascribing the attitude of the few onto the masses is clearly a false extrapolation.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Exaggeration. Ignoring mechanics in LFR can still kill you. See Amber-Shaper, Elegon, Lei Shi, Horridon, Durumu, Primordius, and Lei Shen.
    Exactly. I did ToT LFR for the first time ever last night. No one killed adds on Horridon -> wipe. Even after that there were players who tunnelled Horridon. They are now on my ignore list. There were also many deaths due to people parking in bad stuff. Even more additions to my ignore list. The fact that I was able to get some kills and walk away with gear is a win in my book. I would rather be forced to carry a few idiots who I can then ignore than waste two hours in LFR filtering out duds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Well, LFR actually you can just face-roll through mechanics...
    I wish people would stop saying this...
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

You can use a X-realm mod called oQueue for all sorts of stuff (BGs, raids, rep farms, anything you like). I've only had positive experiences on it making and clearing flex on 2 characters both weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Str > crit if your gear is low enough to only put out 85k dps.

Use simcraft, don't use someone elses stat weights. I'm beginning to think that your Norushen fail was just a l2p issue.
    DK frost 2-hand
    my damage jump from 85k to 100k after I used crit gem instead of str

to make it simple
    same gear: str = 85k~ // crit = 100k~

+
    I only failed at Norushen without ench + gem
    (first day= people joined even with lesser than 500 ilvl > after second day it become easier)

but my point is not l2p but the damage since it's pointless if we done every think right yet we hit berserk time
    (first 2 day)