Assurance of Consequence reduction amount?

Howdy.

I just got the Flex version of this trinket, and upgraded it twice, so now it says 37% cooldown reduction.

I wanted to check how it is supposed to work. Beastial Wrath is a 1 minute cooldown (60 seconds). 37% of 60 seconds is 22 seconds. Shouldn't BW have a 38 second cooldown now? With the trinket equipped, BW only goes down to a 43.8 second cooldown. I have tested it and it is a full 43.8 seconds.

Am I missing something? All this is PVE, as well, so it's not been toned down because of PVP, in this case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not CDR its cooldown recovery. They function differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Its not CDR its cooldown recovery. They function differently.
    That's not particularly helpful. I'm sure you're right, but could you please elaborate what the difference is?

Can you explain it a little bit? I'm not quite sure how they're different.

I figured recovery isn't equal to reduction, but when it's a full percentage number and not an integer (like 300 random stat = 1%), shouldn't it be the same?

Actually, I just pulled this up from Wowhead:

The formula for cooldown reduction is (normal cooldown) / 1.39 and not (normal cooldown) * (1-0.39).
    A 60-second cooldown ability will thus be recovered in ~ 43 sec.

Doesn't seem very fair to have recovery at all. Adds unnecessary complexity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HonneurVilified View Post
    That's not particularly helpful. I'm sure you're right, but could you please elaborate what the difference is?
    I don't know the exact formula or I would. I'm just listing the difference so he knows it isn't a bug.

It doesn't reduce the cooldown on your abilities by 37%

It increases your cooldown recovery by 37%

37% of some hidden value that we can't see seems to give you 16.2 seconds off your cooldown.

That's how it looks anyway, only Blizzard knows for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's easy.

Take Bestial Wrath (60 sec) and you obtained WF AoC 2/2 (45%).

60 / 1.45 = Your new CD

Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post
    It's easy.

Take Bestial Wrath (60 sec) and you obtained WF AoC 2/2 (45%).

60 / 1.45 = Your new CD
    And armorpen was too mathy. i find that funny as hell. how hard was to reach a cap.

Deleted
    Basically what Supakaiser said. If it still does not make sense, the way I get it to make sense in my head is that normally when one second passes one second of the cooldown disapears. But with the trinket for every one second 1.37 seconds of the cooldown dissapears.

Exactly like the math Supakaiser put up.

Deleted
    It simply works like haste. 100% haste doesn't give you instants, it gives you 2 casted shots in the same time frame as 1.

i.e.: @100% haste, a 60s cast time spell becomes 30s (you can cast 2 shots in 60s).

It's the same for the CD reduction. 100% CD reduction would give you a 30s BW.

Hence the CD/1+CDR math => 60 / (1+1) => 30

Here => 60 / (1+0.37) => 43.7956

Thanks all, now I understand the math behind it.

Still an awesome Trinket, though :-)

This is an old table i made during the ptr but i think its still somewhat relevant.

Spec Ability CD red. CD(39%)
    All Stampede 300 216
    All Rapid Fire 180 129,6
    All Feign Death 30 21,6
    All Disengage 20(10) 14,4(7,19)
    All Camouflage 60 43,2
    BM Bestial Wrath 60 43,2
    Surv Black Arrow 24 17,3
    MM Silencing Shot 24 17,3

Deleted
    i just realised that the tooltip in the german client is translated wrong. I have assurance wf 2/2. With this formular (180/(1+0.45)) for rapidfire brings me to 124.1 seconds and not 127 (ingame) perhaps there are some ,xx spaces in the formular of Scaling-per-Itemlevel that we dont know