Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    Couple questions:

1. For desecrated weapon, does it target based on spec or range? IE, if we have 3 at range will he always target one of those 3 even if we have healers in melee? I saw someone mentioning this on here but none of the guides do. This would be very helpful.

2. What's the best way to handle MCs? Have everyone stack up right before it goes out? Or is staying spread out more important?
    1. It targets based on range from the boss, however it doesn't always target a person at range if there aren't enough people at range. The best way to describe it would be "it does not target melee if there are enough people away from melee range." Having healers at melee range works (provided you have enough ranged DPS), but they would have to run out during whirl so you might as well have them at range.

2. Stay stacked at all times except during empowered whirl. Having AE stuns and silences make handling those MC'd people trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    2. What's the best way to handle MCs? Have everyone stack up right before it goes out? Or is staying spread out more important?
    For p3, since mcs can only be interrupted with a hard interrupt we had melee come stack with ranged a few seconds before mcs went out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    So you guys recommend 3 healing it?
    It's possible, I don't recommend it though. It's only harder than 2 healing it. There's literally no damage going on in that fight outside of the dream phases, and empowered whirl. Unless you 3 heal it, then you will have to deal with alot of more raid damage, due to the boss gaining more corruption or w/e earlier.

We personally 2 healed it and found it more rewarding than 3 healing it. If your healers are decent it can be 2 healed, with 3 healers(we tried it for a bit) I felt completely useless and at some point even decided to go spam denounce on the weapons. With 2 healers you will have to watch out for empowered whirlwind though, we would typically use things like DevoAura/tranq here, but I could personally stun or taunt adds during the phase, the damage is not really high.

Method used a 'superteam' that would stay out and get the desecrated weapon. I'm sure it's possible in 10 man aswell, but I think it would be less functional.
    Lilaith, resident flamer for Winterfall, holy moderator in Hammer of Wrath.
    Discord: Lilaith#9028
    Bnet: Lilaith#2476

Hey all, been reading through the forums trying to find some specific answers, but can't seem to find 'em. I'm sure its been discussed so I apologize for doubling up.

Our raid group has been struggling a bit with Phase 3. We're getting to the third empowered whirling corruption with him being around 6-7%. Our dps is decent throughout the fight, so I'm not sure why we're getting that far into phase 3 without him being dead yet (I'm seeing people say he should be dead by the second whirling corruption.) So my two questions are:

1. When Garrosh transitions for phase 3 at 10% health, if we start burning him there, is all that DPS wasted? We've been assuming that and spending all of our DPS on any extra weapons in the area until he heals up to 25% HP and THEN burning him. But, if we burn lust as soon as he runs to the middle, does he only heal up an additional 15% or is it always a static 25% regardless of how much DPS you put into him?

2. For Desecrates in general, can you just have one single person outside of stacking on the boss to perfectly place Desecrates? Like, will he ONLY cast on someone thats not directly in melee? Or will there still be a chance he'll cast right on top of you even if you have someone out at say 30 yards.

I'm basically just looking for any way we can squeeze more dps out of our Lust/burn phase so we can only have 2 sets of adds/MCs in Phase 3. That third empowered corruption times up exactly with MCs and another desecrate so it can' be extremely messy... I'd rather avoid it if possible.

Thanks! and sorry again if these are repeated questions... I tried to search my best to find these details =\.

Quote Originally Posted by vipples View Post
    Hey all, been reading through the forums trying to find some specific answers, but can't seem to find 'em. I'm sure its been discussed so I apologize for doubling up.

Our raid group has been struggling a bit with Phase 3. We're getting to the third empowered whirling corruption with him being around 6-7%. Our dps is decent throughout the fight, so I'm not sure why we're getting that far into phase 3 without him being dead yet (I'm seeing people say he should be dead by the second whirling corruption.) So my two questions are:

1. When Garrosh transitions for phase 3 at 10% health, if we start burning him there, is all that DPS wasted? We've been assuming that and spending all of our DPS on any extra weapons in the area until he heals up to 25% HP and THEN burning him. But, if we burn lust as soon as he runs to the middle, does he only heal up an additional 15% or is it always a static 25% regardless of how much DPS you put into him?

2. For Desecrates in general, can you just have one single person outside of stacking on the boss to perfectly place Desecrates? Like, will he ONLY cast on someone thats not directly in melee? Or will there still be a chance he'll cast right on top of you even if you have someone out at say 30 yards.

I'm basically just looking for any way we can squeeze more dps out of our Lust/burn phase so we can only have 2 sets of adds/MCs in Phase 3. That third empowered corruption times up exactly with MCs and another desecrate so it can' be extremely messy... I'd rather avoid it if possible.

Thanks! and sorry again if these are repeated questions... I tried to search my best to find these details =\.
    1. p2 > p3 just gives him +20% hp. If you didn't hit him at all, he would be at 30%. DPS is not wasted and your burn should start here.
    2. You need at least 3 people at range for Desecrates. This is only in p2/3. He seems to pick anyone regardless of range during p1. For p3, you should really only get 2 sets of MCs and 1 Empowered Whirling. Just explode the MCs so you only need 1 interrupt on each and remember CC doesn't work. Ignore the adds (and by ignore, I mean DO NOT KILL THEM; a BrM can kite them if necessary otherwise they'll probably end up on a tank anyways and you can CD through it if you don't empower them).
    3. Yes, avoid it. That's basically the soft enrage.

I don't know if this has been addressed later in the thread or not, as I only read the first page here, but I wanted to talk about Garrosh's taunt immunity.

Garrosh has no innate taunt immunity of any kind. However, ALL raid bosses have diminishing returns on taunts where if you taunt them too often, they'll go immune to taunts just like players going CC immune in PVP. This was changed, I dont even remember when, quite a while back, because tanks could just taunt a boss back and forth and it would spend 90% of it's time running between tanks instead of actually hitting them. The gripping despair debuff garrosh applies has a very short duration and is applied very quickly. You can swap every 3 stacks to keep your tank damage to a minimum, however you just have to make absolutely sure you do not taunt him except when you have to. Do NOT taunt him if the other tank gets 3 stacks and he's about to do whirl because during whirl all stacks drop. That is the problem a LOT of tanks make, they are like "oh shit 3 stacks TAUNT!" but when they do that on the whirl, its too many taunts and it'll make him go taunt immune for a while.

Ultimately just dont tank swap during or immediately before whirling corruptions, and don't taunt the boss ever except when you actually need to tank swap (dont fuck up), and you will never deal with his taunt immunity problem.

I'm kinda surprised some people don't know how to deal with this cause lei shen in his final phase was the exact same way, the debuff he applied to tanks was so short, if you tank swapped as soon as your debuff fell off every time,it would be too many too fast and he would go immune as well.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Deleted
    We always taunt at 3stacks and it never goes immune? Im thinking of solotanking it this reset, as the stacks get to about 8 then theres whirling corruption and the stacks drop. Worked fine in flex.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schroom View Post
    I can confirm. happend to us as well.

also I hate the new aggro buff...

empowered Whirling Corruption just run straight to me (I'm a pally tank) because my OP HPS with that much veng is doing to much aggro now... have to turn of righteous fury.... and now keep aggro after taunt... yay .

fun.

any other Paladin tanks encountered this problem? how did you solve this?
    I've had taunt problems with garrosh aswel. A cupple of times in a row acctually. It's pretty enoying! taunted him didn't got agroo but my taunt is on cd..

(take a look at number 17)
    Last edited by mmoc267091db88; 2013-12-11 at 01:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inany View Post
    I've had taunt problems with garrosh aswel. A cupple of times in a row acctually. It's pretty enoying! taunted him didn't got agroo but my taunt is on cd..

(take a look at number 17)
    Nice bump.

and it's called Diminishing Returns. It's not only Garrosh, it's all bosses and enemies. A tank should know this by lvl 12.