Poll: What should I get my cousin?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Not sure what to get my cousin for Christmas?

What would you recommend I get for my cousin for Christmas? I've got a few ideas, but am not sure which I should get him. I can spend $20 or maybe $30 tops on him. What do you guys recommend?

He's been getting more into role-playing and adventure games, so I've been considering Heavy Rain and Star Ocean. Last year I got him the first Metroid Prime, so I've considered following it up with the sequel. He's been trying to get into Resident Evil for years now, but has never really had a chance to play the good (pre-RE4) games, but now that he has a Wii with a GameCube controller, he can finally play the retro games. Though he might get more use out of the first Resident Evil book, so he can still experience Resident Evil without having to be at home.

I've really been considering Animal Crossing though too, either the 3DS game or the GameCube game. His sister and friends play Animal Crossing and he often finds himself bored at night, so this could give him something to do; plus he owns a 3DS that he doesn't have any games for. He also wants to go to Anime St. Louis, which is an anime convention in April, so a 3-day ticket might also be a good gift.

I've contemplated buying him Flying Free, since he wants to get more into politics and Nigel Farage is a great role model. Nigel Farage and the UKIP are also one of the main reasons I've gotten into politics, so it could also help bring him better himself as a civic citizen. Since he likes Final Fantasy VIII and Final Fantasy XIV, I've considered Final Fantasy XIII as well. FFXIII isn't the best Final Fantasy games by any stretch, but given that it is simple and linear, I think that he'd like it, since he's still a beginner when it comes to JRPGs.
    Last edited by Nakura Chambers; 2013-09-16 at 05:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We know absolutely nothing about your cousin so how can you expect us to provide input?

Seeing as we don't know anything about your cousin, it'd be awfully hard to suggest something he may like.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/ has a bunch of funny things, if he'd be in to any of it, I don't know, but you would.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    We know absolutely nothing about your cousin so how can you expect us to provide input?
    I hope you're joking, I have a ton of ideas, because I know him so well. I'm mostly torn between Heavy Rain and one of the Animal Crossing games. But he also wants to go to Anime St. Louis and doesn't know if he'll have the money, so I've been contemplating that as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    I hope you're joking, I have a ton of ideas, because I know him so well. I'm mostly torn between Heavy Rain and one of the Animal Crossing games. But he also wants to go to Anime St. Louis and doesn't know if he'll have the money, so I've been contemplating that as well.
    The poll wasn't up when I posted.
    We still no nothing about him so we don't know which of these he would prefer..

Christmas gets earlier and earlier each year I tell ya.

Deleted
    buy him a $30 Hooker, He WILL remember that.
    or if that's not an option, look at the steam sales, Buy a couple of games on there and gift them to him.
    Better yet. Give him the money so he can put it to what he wants.

If you're thinking of pre-RE4 resident evils, I recommend the remake of RE1, it's awesome and probably the most modern/accessible of them. I'm sure you could pick it up for a song now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    how old is your cousin?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just ask Mr. shatner what to get your cousin.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    If it's something he's mentioned, get him that. It doesn't get much easier than that.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    I buy presents on the 23rd of December.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If it's something he's mentioned, get him that. It doesn't get much easier than that.
    He didn't really say he wanted it though. He did ask me about it once though, because his roommate is always talking about the game and he didn't know anything about it. He's more of a RPG and FPS kind of guy though, so I'm not sure if he'd like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    how old is your cousin?
    He's 19 years old.
    Last edited by Nakura Chambers; 2013-09-16 at 04:55 PM.

i would go with the cheapest thing on the list... so Resident Evil: Umbrella Conspiracy
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

10+ Year Old Account
    Get him a calendar.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Get him a calendar.
    Seriously. And feel free to take a glance at it. It's fucking September.

Deleted
    He's been getting more into role-playing
    Get him a fleshlight.

Just joking ...or am i?

-

But seriously OP, come back in roughly 6/7 weeks.

Or failing that, get him a book with some novelty socks... What ever happened to a good book with those shitty socks for Christmas...

Get him the tickets. Going to a convention of something you love is one of the most exciting things you can do. I recently went to comic con and let me tell you it was one of the best experiences of my life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nigel Farage is a twat, so if your cousin is a twat as well, then buy him something that is likely to make him less twatish, not more. If your cousin isn't a twat, then don't tempt fate.

It's September.

I hope this helps.

Deleted
    How about you get him nothing and refuse to take part in perpetuating that debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Nigel Farage is a twat, so if your cousin is a twat as well, then buy him something that is likely to make him less twatish, not more. If your cousin isn't a twat, then don't tempt fate.

It's September.

I hope this helps.
    Nigel Farage is a boss.