Deleted

(Warlock) Am I missing something?

The general word of mouth is that Affliction is supposed to be stronger on a single target than Demonology, but at any time when I try Demonology (I'm Affliction mainspec) I do quite a bit more DPS (~100k vs ~135k on a Dummy, for whatever it's worth).

Now, I wouldn't mention this normally, as I always regarded Affliction as a spec that shines when you can DoT multiple targets, but I hear so much about Affliction being great single target that I wonder what I'm missing.

For the record, I know about the basic Affliction rotation - keep DoTs up, game your procs into your DoTs along with your CDs, Haunt when you've got strong DoTs up, etc. - I can't see what I could be doing wrong in single target, so what's the deal?

Deleted
    Affli is very gear dependent and requires high ilvl to shine.

Deleted
    How high would that be? I'm at ilvl 517 with a 540 weapon, ~7k haste.

i would stick with demo, till u can get the 9778 haste rating, and Khoorm is right afflic is very gear dependant, and until u get around 530 ilvl i wouldnt go afflic, unless you really want to, or are actually going into SoO, cause afflic is the best spec for that place by far.

I think you're missing something with procs / not haunting enough. 100k dps is low even for 500 ilvl. 135k for your ilvl as demo is prob about on point, I think you just know how to play demo but are lacking with aff.