Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Does anyone notice how hideous Varian looks in the SoO ending cinematic?

Look at him in comparison to the other characters in the cinematic, he just looks so awkward and awful. His mouth and eyes just don't look normal, and disjointed

Does anyone else see this? It's quite difficult to explain, but if you look at it, you will notice how awkward he looks compared to Thrall.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

king chin never looks normal really. his face was practically cut in half at one point in wow. and hes always been ugly.

If Varian stood near Baine you would probably say that he is the most beautiful character in the game.
    Just sayin'

Jaina looks really bad too, they should have spent a little time trying to make the characters in the cutscenes not look horrible.

He was a forced gladiator for a long ass time, so yea, his shit got fucked up at one time or another probably

10+ Year Old Account
    Rough fights and being the vessel for a wolf god can do that to you.

Deleted
    Yeah I noticed something weird about his mouth. Can't really put my finger on it. But Vol'jin looked weird, too.

He doesn't look bad. His eyes were a little weird, but he has good face movements and his mouth isn't that odd looking. Jaina has a VERY stiff face because she uses such an old model.

You're just complaining a cartoony character looks cartoony.

Deleted
    It was pretty bad how obvious the skintight armor was on him too. Lots of distortion in the torso when he was turning around and stuff.

I bet he feels like he's wearing nothing at all!
    Nothing at all!
    Nothing at all!

Did you see Baine?

Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    You're just complaining a cartoony character looks cartoony.
    Thrall looked cartoony, yet no one is complaining, so I think you're a bit (a lot) off on that one.

I'll agree that something is off with him, but I don't think it's all that bad. I didn't even notice until you pointed it out, so there's that. The rest of it looks really good, so I personally have no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Did you see Baine?
    This. If anything, he was the one that stuck out like a sore thumb.

Honestly I thought he looked fine, but hey, whadda I know?

No one complains about Thrall in this thread, so that means no one complains/ed about him?

Nope sorry. Doesn't work like that.

Edit: Even IF no one complained about Thrall, what the fuck point are you even trying to make? That Varian still looks weird? Because he really doesn't. He just has cartoony, unrealistic expressions.
    Last edited by JimPaladin; 2013-09-16 at 08:17 AM.

He actually gets the scar during a Naga attack on the ship he was on when returning back to the Eastern Kingdoms after escaping from being a gladiator slave on Kalimdor. The attacker that gets the credit was the Naga Sea Witch leading the attack who used a lightning charged sword strike. The strike also destroyed the chain collar he was given as a slave.

Quote Originally Posted by Bling View Post
    He actually gets the scar during a Naga attack on the ship he was on when returning back to the Eastern Kingdoms after escaping from being a gladiator slave on Kalimdor. The attacker that gets the credit was the Naga Sea Witch leading the attack who used a lightning charged sword strike. The strike also destroyed the chain collar he was given as a slave.

The OP isn't talking about Varian's scar or anything. They just mean his model and animations in general.

Thrall is an entirely new model, I think Varian is still based on the old human one so ya he'll look like ass since it's the worst character model in the game. Maybe if he cut his hair and didn't always look like he was passing a kidney stone...

Off topic, you ever wonder if Metzen has internal conflict discussions with himself in Thrall and Varian's voices? Metzen to frightened Ihop waitress "Varian: Hmm...I think I'll have pancakes for breakfast today, wait..Thrall: I've changed my mind, I will have waffles...WITH BACON!"

Varian looks so awkward in the cinematic, made me cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Did you see Baine?
    It made me think of those terrible Hyenas, which looked like shit even when the game was released.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as how its a saladrin thread I'm actually surprised it doesn't say something like "do you see how terrible alliance models look, obvious horde bias is obvious"

No i don't think he looked out of place, looked about the same as he has in a lot of other cut scenes, if anyone looked out of place it was jaina, i feel like for as sly and mischievous her comments were she still seemed to havr this semi joyful smirk about her. In the end what do you expect they all look fairly decent given how old the engine is. just my opinion however

His model is just not as good as the pandaren. I will agree that Jaina looked horrible, but I didn't mind Varian as much although something did seem off a little bit. All of the leaders should get their model updated just in case they show up in more cut scenes, it will make it easier for them to animate.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Varian and Jaina's models are from WotLK. Thrall's and Garrosh's are from Cata (and Garrosh's was updated in MoP for the raid) and the Pandaren are obviously from MoP too. Of course the older models are going to look comparatively worse.