Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Matthew Shepard was Tortured, Murdered by Gay Lover

Shocked. Never heard this.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...Story-is-a-Lie

Almost everything you think you know about the Matthew Shepard narrative is false.

Matthew Shepard was the winsome young homosexual in Laramie, Wyoming who in October 1998 was tortured, killed, and left hanging grotesquely from a fence. He was discovered almost a day later and later died in the hospital from his horrific wounds.

On the night of October 6, Shepard met “two strangers” in the Fireside Lounge in Laramie. The two men offered Shepard a ride home but instead drove him to a remote area, robbed him, beat him with pistols, and left him splayed on a fence.

Cops found the bloody gun along with Shepard’s shoes and wallet in the truck of the two men --- Aaron McKinney and Russell Henderson.

McKinney and Henderson claimed the "gay panic" defense, that they freaked out when Shepard came onto them sexually and killed him in a rage. They made other claims, too, but were convicted and sentenced to life in prison.

Almost immediately Shepard became a secular saint, and his killing became a kind of gay Passion Play where he suffered and died for the cause of homosexuality against the growing homophobia and hatred of gay America.

Indeed, a Mathew Shepard industry grew rapidly with plays and foundations along with state and even national hate crimes legislation named for him. Rock stars wrote songs about him, including Elton John and Melissa Etheridge. Lady Gaga performed John Lennon’s "Imagine" and changed the lyrics to include Shepard.

Thanks to a new book by an award winning gay journalist we now know that much of this narrative turns out to be false, little more than gay hagiography.

As gay journalist Aaron Hicklin, writing in The Advocate asks, “How do people sold on one version of history react to being told that the facts are slippery --- that thinking of Shepard’s murder as a hate crime does not mean it was a hate crime? And how does it color our understanding of such a crime if the perpetrator and victim not only knew each other but also had sex together, bought drugs from one another, and partied together?”

This startling revelation comes in The Book of Matt to be published next week by investigative journalist Stephen Jiminez, who over the course of years interviewed over 100 people including Shepard’s friends, friends of the killers, and the killers themselves.

Well, first off, I live in Wyoming, where this crime took place. We may be a huge state, but with around a half million people across the WHOLE state, especially at the time of Matthew Shepard's death, it's actually much smaller socially than you might expect. Suffice to say I've had enough first hand experience with it to know about "media coloring" of the crime and the trial.

And that is exactly what this is, media coloring, just instead of coming from a mass media company, it's coming from someone who "supposedly" has inside proof that could change what we know about Matthew Shepard's death. And he's full of it.

Basically it comes down to some douchebag trying to cash in on a tragedy saying he knows the truth. He doesn't. He's lying out of his ass. He's twisting around positions taken by defendants and witnesses to say what he THINKS is the truth. This about as fictional as you can get while using the names of real people, and throwing in a tabloid spin to make it sell copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuukon View Post
    Basically it comes down to some douchebag trying to cash in on a tragedy saying he knows the truth. He doesn't. He's lying out of his ass. He's twisting around positions taken by defendants and witnesses to say what he THINKS is the truth. This about as fictional as you can get while using the names of real people, and throwing in a tabloid spin to make it sell copies.
    With the website its posted on, a cursory glance and a very small amount of research on the interwebz, I agree with this post.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    With the website its posted on, a cursory glance and a very small amount of research on the interwebz, I agree with this post.
    Of course. Because that is how people operate these days. Instead of reading something they simply look at the link and make a decision on whether to agree or disagree. Congrats on failing. Just so you know, I am actually a Liberal. I learned to stop caring about what site posted it. Especially since the original source of the story is actually from GAY ACTIVISTS.

oh and from the link.

Thanks to a new book by an award winning gay journalist we now know that much of this narrative turns out to be false, little more than gay hagiography.

As gay journalist Aaron Hicklin, writing in The Advocate asks, “How do people sold on one version of history react to being told that the facts are slippery --- that thinking of Shepard’s murder as a hate crime does not mean it was a hate crime? And how does it color our understanding of such a crime if the perpetrator and victim not only knew each other but also had sex together, bought drugs from one another, and partied together?”

This startling revelation comes in The Book of Matt to be published next week by investigative journalist Stephen Jiminez, who over the course of years interviewed over 100 people including Shepard’s friends, friends of the killers, and the killers themselves.

According to The Advocate, one of the premier gay publications in the country, Jiminez “amassed enough anecdotal evidence to build a persuasive case that Shepard’s sexuality was, if not incidental, certain less central than popular consensus had lead us to believe.”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuukon View Post
    Well, first off, I live in Wyoming, where this crime took place. We may be a huge state, but with around a half million people across the WHOLE state, especially at the time of Matthew Shepard's death, it's actually much smaller socially than you might expect. Suffice to say I've had enough first hand experience with it to know about "media coloring" of the crime and the trial.

And that is exactly what this is, media coloring, just instead of coming from a mass media company, it's coming from someone who "supposedly" has inside proof that could change what we know about Matthew Shepard's death. And he's full of it.

Yes yes you know more about it than some journalist who investigated the story and spoke with 100s of people involved. Including the actual killers.

Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Of course. Because that is how people operate these days. Instead of reading something they simply look at the link and make a decision on whether to agree or disagree. Congrats on failing. Just so you know, I am actually a Liberal. I learned to stop caring about what site posted it. Especially since the original source of the story is actually from GAY ACTIVISTS.

oh and from the link.

According to The Advocate, one of the premier gay publications in the country, Jiminez “amassed enough anecdotal evidence to build a persuasive case that Shepard’s sexuality was, if not incidental, certain less central than popular consensus had lead us to believe.”

- - - Updated - - -

Yes yes you know more about it than some journalist who investigated the story and spoke with 100s of people involved. Including the actual killers.

Brilliant.
    Which is apparently more than you know. The author of this supposed "book" is going to try to twist around the defendant's (ie the self confessed killers) statements to make them sound gay, which makes it not a hate crime, which has already been exposed to be completely FALSE about a couple dozen times years ago. This jackass is just taking the extra step to make money on it.

And trust me, I've seen just as much witness testimony as this supposed journalist who is trying to SELL everyone a book saying it's all a sham. I live here after all. The rest of the country probably has little to no recollection of who Matthew Shepard is. Wyoming residents like myself, however, have not. His name still comes up quite frequently, if not in the press then in conversation.

So take your belittling statements elsewhere. Your attempt to say I'm ignorant of the facts has only shown it's not me that is ignorant, it's you.

I'm not buying your book.

I'm just surprised "gay panic" is seen as a legitimate defense strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Activi-T View Post
    I'm just surprised "gay panic" is seen as a legitimate defense strategy.
    it failed in a very conservative wyoming, so id say its not a legit defense strategy
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    For the love of God somebody get a moderator in here and shut this thread down.

Almost immediately Shepard became a secular saint, and his killing became a kind of gay Passion Play where he suffered and died for the cause of homosexuality against the growing homophobia and hatred of gay America.

Indeed, a Mathew Shepard industry grew rapidly with plays and foundations along with state and even national hate crimes legislation named for him. Rock stars wrote songs about him, including Elton John and Melissa Etheridge. Lady Gaga performed John Lennon’s "Imagine" and changed the lyrics to include Shepard.

Sorry but I have never heard that Shepard became a secular saint and at the time of his death people were really just starting to come out of the closet. I know this may be shocking to you but other gay people can hate other people for being gay. It happens because they hate themselves, the fact that they are gay, so they will act out and harm other gay people. It does not make it any less of a hate crime because both people are gay.

You know Elton John and Melissa Etheridge are two of the out and about gay stars out there so it makes since they would be touched by what happened to him. Lady Gaga has also given shout outs to people being bullied, it is what she does.

Lastly the most telling thing is that everything is based on “anecdotal evidence”. I am sure if I interviewed enough people and picked the information to suit my theory I can write a book about how Big Foot left the hills and mixed in with human society. In fact it is Big Foot's descendants that started up the whole shaving/ waxing industry in a massive cover up for their shaving habits. All you really hairy guys out there, there is a Big Foot in your family tree. Think I am joking? How many of you have big feet?

Yeah, this doesn't look like a sensationalist retelling of "facts" that strains credibility at all.

In other news, my eyes rolled so wide they got stuck behind my head. I'd call the hospital but I can't see in order to find or dial my phone. Any advice?

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Yeah, this doesn't look like a sensationalist retelling of "facts" that strains credibility at all.

In other news, my eyes rolled so wide they got stuck behind my head. I'd call the hospital but I can't see in order to find or dial my phone. Any advice?
    Lol you goon Made me laugh^^..Not that you will know ofcourse, unless your eyes are fixed now, If not, and you're using some speaking program that's reading this out, I would suggest a hard smack to the back of the head, Not enough to knock you out or damage you, but a little jolt might get those eyes back to where they belong

15+ Year Old Account
    Guy is making up fiction based on "investigative journalism", i.e. he doesn't know the facts, just what people have told him is true, and as Dr House says "Everyone lies".

There might be a grain of truth in some of it, but he's just looking to cash in on a very controversial issue. This book will make millions of homophobic Americans put this in their anti-gay agenda, even if there is a statement from the author saying he does not know this to be absolutely true. Anti-gays, and people in general, are stupid and will believe things they read on the internet, in books, wherever. It's because they believe what they want to be true, rather than looking for the truth across multiple sources. They will see the one source they like and claim it as absolute fact because it agrees with their pre conceived, partisan, agenda-filled notion of reality.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooo..was the guy(s) that killed him gay or not? I'd love to add this article to the long list of "agenda fiction" for Matt drudge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't believe everything that you read, especially coming from Breitbart.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Yeah...this one doesn't really pass the sniff test.

Deleted

Brilliant.
    Who is selling a book about it all and has a massive financial incentive to make his "case".....yeah..ok.....

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did someone say Half life 3 confirmed?

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-09-16 at 07:40 PM.

why is this in the "Big Government" part of his website?

From the same columnist:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2...ew-russian-law

That and the article in the OP are his only 2 articles.