Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    No. "Bloat" is not and has never been a problem. Too many abilities have already been removed from the game. Having a limited number of options just leads to dull repetitiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by rhoark View Post
    No. "Bloat" is not and has never been a problem. Too many abilities have already been removed from the game. Having a limited number of options just leads to dull repetitiveness.
    You're free to have that opinion but people who predominantly play certain classes, and sometimes a single spec of a class, find themselves disagreeing with your sentiment intensely.

Feral has been a joke for quite a long time now. Warrior and Mages has at least three AOE abilities. Holy Paladins have like 20+ spells they're suppose to be able to use on a whim during any boss pull. Playing a Rogue is like being on stage at a piano recital. Even Windwalker has already reach a point where knowing whether or not an enemy will last more than 10 seconds can add several GCDs to preparing to start doing a "rotation."

Not every class has to feel like Elemental Shaman or pre-MoP Arcane Mage but more buttons does not necessarily equal more skill or interesting gameplay. See Elementalists from GW2 and the other classes in that game for a stark contrast of "I know what buttons to push and when" and "I have 25 buttons I'm suppose to be pushing in a cycle because it gives me DPS yay."

WoW has always been a game where you needed to have a lot of keybinds but I do agree that it is getting way out of hand. I think something like 15-20 abilities at any one time should be the maximum. I feel like trinkets should always be either rppm or icd and not be something that is activated. Stuff like engineering doesnt help either as it adds an extra 3 keybinds (or 2 if you macro synapse springs into something). Activated racials could easily be removed from the game too.

As a holy paladin I dont see the point in the 4 "throughput" cooldowns that I currently have, honestly we should have no more than 2. Our talents are also a mess, being specced in a certian way could give you an extra 4 abilities that needs to be keybound. They should keep passives for one tier of talents and activated abilities for another.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Not every class has to feel like Elemental Shaman or pre-MoP Arcane Mage but more buttons does not necessarily equal more skill or interesting gameplay. See Elementalists from GW2 and the other classes in that game for a stark contrast of "I know what buttons to push and when" and "I have 25 buttons I'm suppose to be pushing in a cycle because it gives me DPS yay."
    It most certainly does. Knowing what to use, and where, is certainly an example of skill in this game. While some abilities could use a touch of refinement to maybe make them behave differently from each other, I can think of very few options, at least on the toons I play, where i'd want to lose an ability and never have it again.

The thing a lot of folks forget is that 80% of the time, you simply aren't using all your abilities. Nor should the game expect you to. But to 'streamline' this down to something even along the lines of GW2? You're taking away one of the few things this game still has going for it over and above its competitors.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion
    Next time you guys log in, Blizzard should freeze your character, spawn your favourite mount and shoot it in the head. - Mormolyce

I don't like the way picking one's abilities works in Diablo III, Guild Wars 2, and other titles doing the same. It feels extremely limited and the metagame aspect of it ruins my willing suspension of disbelief.

I would get over it just like I got over the constant respeccing and other things that used to bother me in WoW. In general I just prefer to have a toolbox that is slightly smaller yet completely at my disposal, rather than a huge one that limits me to picking only some of the abilities.

I already feel like I am out of good keybinds. I end up now having to click some out of combat stuff I used to have bound for convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    which is why macros exists ;P
    simple macro.
    Or more sophisticated gaming keyboard macros that some people use that will for example cast all of a Warlocks dot spells at the start of a fight with a single press.