Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    I guess you know you made that warlock to an enemy?

But even worse is that people in your guild let it happen. Even if it was usable for healers.
    This is such a dumb attitude. If it worked for disc priests, it should be fair game in any guild that doesn't use loot council. If it worked for disc, it would be BiS with the added benefit of being good for a shadow off-spec.

Not every guild is pushing hard for progression. In most guilds loot isn't funnelled to players who happen to play the best dps spec.

Of course, since it actually *doesn't* work for disc, he shouldn't have gotten it.

10+ Year Old Account
    By that backward logic Disc would have had just as fair a shot at UVLS as a Lock or Spriest.

Does it work? Yeah. Is it a terrible use of loot? Yep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Disc would have had just as fair a shot at UVLS as a Lock or Spriest.
    i see nothing wrong with this statement :P

10+ Year Old Account
    May be a DPS trinket, but it's still BIS for a MW (and also impossible for a Monk to get off a coin roll) the only way to get it would be directly off boss. I can see why this Priest would want it regardless of being for DPS or not. "Amplifies your Critical Strike damage and healing, Haste, Mastery, and Spirit by 8%" He may not get the benefit of the Int proc, but a Lock wouldn't benefit from the Spirit. . . It seems pretty equal on both sides of the argument. So stop (pardon the pun) smiting the poor guy for taking it from a Lock. :P

Edit: How did I end up in the Priest thread? O.o was looking all over for this post in Monk, General, and Raid.
    Last edited by Lumiair; 2013-09-17 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasta View Post
    "Amplifies your Critical Strike damage and healing,...
    Critical healing, not all healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Docta View Post
    Critical healing, not all healing.
    Yes, I'm aware, never said otherwise. Was simply emphasizing that it applies to healing as well.

the proc is spec based so yea doesnt proc for healers unfortunately
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunasta View Post
    May be a DPS trinket, but it's still BIS for a MW (and also impossible for a Monk to get off a coin roll) the only way to get it would be directly off boss. I can see why this Priest would want it regardless of being for DPS or not. "Amplifies your Critical Strike damage and healing, Haste, Mastery, and Spirit by 8%" He may not get the benefit of the Int proc, but a Lock wouldn't benefit from the Spirit. . . It seems pretty equal on both sides of the argument. So stop (pardon the pun) smiting the poor guy for taking it from a Lock. :P

Edit: How did I end up in the Priest thread? O.o was looking all over for this post in Monk, General, and Raid.
    So not using 1/4th of 1 property on the item (Spirit) is the same as not using 1 full property (Proc)?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Why would you take a trinket thinking it would be patched to go from working for dps to working for a healer?
    greed. also, there might be another reason but i could come into trouble if i'd explain that reason here in public. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    So not using 1/4th of 1 property on the item (Spirit) is the same as not using 1 full property (Proc)?
    Who are you to be given final say on how to group properties?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    greed. also, there might be another reason but i could come into trouble if i'd explain that reason here in public. ;-)
    There is nothing in the tooltip of the trinket implying it wouldn't work for healers (at least in my language), and there is a passage included in the healer one stating it would not work for damage dealers. With that missing here and the part about increased (critical) healing also included, why wouldn't you assume it should work for healers and might be buggy if you discover ingame that it does not?
    I did so as well when I first saw it in the loot table. And I would have taken it (been given it by my raid), give that we always have a surplus of caster dps trinkets and a lack of good healer ones.
    Given the trigger behaviour of other procs in this raid tier (and others before) I would have assumed more frequent procs than from the healing one, even, due to the frequency of damage events I produce and the history of healing trinkets (and legendary healing cloaks) (seemingly?) not triggering on atonement.

The proc does not work for healer specs. Even if you cast SWP/Mind Blast/SWD, etc. It is disabled for us. Hybrids (Shadowpriest, Elemental, Boomkin) can all make use of the increased healing effect, which is why they left that in the wording.

Quote Originally Posted by Docta View Post
    The proc does not work for healer specs. Even if you cast SWP/Mind Blast/SWD, etc. It is disabled for us. Hybrids (Shadowpriest, Elemental, Boomkin) can all make use of the increased healing effect, which is why they left that in the wording.
    I know, I'm just pointing out why the tooltip (in combination with the tooltip and trigger mechanic of healer trinket) is highly misleading in that it seems to indicate this would work well for disc priests.

Everyone keeps mentioning Warlocks, but the non-heroic version of this trinket is not particularly good for warlocks especially if they have heroic ToT trinkets.

That being said, yes this should go to a dps.

I am still looking for it, but I would have sworn there was a blue tweet/ptr note that stated something about this specifically.

That said, one way to look at it is in the DJ since its not loot you are eligible to coin for based on loot specialization. This wouldn't be the first time that items have had different/no effects based on specialization.

Regardless this thread has gone woefully off topic.

TLDR: "my trinket wont proc for me!" (and it didn't on the PTR for many builds)-- it wont, as its not intended for a healer specialization.

Further research on WoW forums has hinted that supposedly GC tweeted that this is intentional. Why they wouldn't put a "DPS only" in the tooltip as they do with healing is beyond me, though. /shrug
    Last edited by Kazistrasza; 2013-09-20 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazistrasza View Post
    Further research on WoW forums has hinted that supposedly GC tweeted that this is intentional. Why they wouldn't put a "DPS only" in the tooltip as they do with healing is beyond me, though. /shrug
    This is exactly the problem, as the loot specialization filter excluded usefull and even 'best' items before and it is optional for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    This is exactly the problem, as the loot specialization filter excluded usefull and even 'best' items before and it is optional for a reason.
    Yup. Crit/Mastery boots dropped, but socket bonus is Hit, so they're "DPS" boots, but I can toootally ignore the bonus.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    By that backward logic Disc would have had just as fair a shot at UVLS as a Lock or Spriest.

Does it work? Yeah. Is it a terrible use of loot? Yep.
    While I agree dps trinkets should go priority first to dps, there is more merit to this trinket since it is identical to an atonement disc as the trinket that drops off sha of pride: amplified stats and an int proc just for healing. Not saying a disc should get it over a lock or spriest, but it fits into the playstyle. Same way my asshole ele shammy has gotten both spirit rings and the neck, while I have lost the rolls. I need spirit arguably more than him as a holy priest, but its the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

And in most normal guilds that aren't bleeding edge progression, you wont feel the sting too badly. And in that case, I say its fair game. But this trinket is an exception.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

You gear DPS first. Healers don't need gear. This is ... normal information I thought? :s

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    You gear DPS first. Healers don't need gear. This is ... normal information I thought? :s
    It is when you try to optimize gear for progression. Most guilds don't. Average guilds are much better off rewarding consistent raiders and spreading loot around to avoid the problem of having the guy that just soaked up all the loot leaving for a better progressed guild.