10+ Year Old Account

Sha of Pride loot broken?

So, my guild killed Sha of Pride last night in flex with 11 people... and we got 0 pieces of loot. None, not a single piece.

Is this normal, has anyone else had this issue? We all put in tickets, but no GM has replied yet.

Made us sad.

Flex works the same way as raid finder, you get personal loot. I guess you guys just got unlucky

10+ Year Old Account
    But for 11 people not to get a single piece.. seems odd to me. No pets, nothing.

There was a blue comment back when MoP was released and personal loot introduced that it's possible for no one to win loot in LFR ... and possible for everyone to win loot (although the former is more likely). That's RNG.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    There was a blue comment back when MoP was released and personal loot introduced that it's possible for no one to win loot in LFR ... and possible for everyone to win loot (although the former is more likely). That's RNG.
    Sigh, I wasn't aware it was possible to not get any loot. I missed that Blue apparently.

If we assume the chance of getting loot is 15% (which I seem to remember reading somewhere for LFR) then the odds of nobody getting loot is (1-0.15)^11=0,17=17%

So one in 6 bosses you kill with your group of 11 will not drop loot for anyone.

If you have a 20% chance of loot that is roughly one in 12 bosses who won't drop any loot.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blah, that sucks. It never crossed my mind honestly.

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    If we assume the chance of getting loot is 15% (which I seem to remember reading somewhere for LFR) then the odds of nobody getting loot is (1-0.15)^11=0,17=17%

So one in 6 bosses you kill with your group of 11 will not drop loot for anyone.

If you have a 20% chance of loot that is roughly one in 12 bosses who won't drop any loot.

We ran all the numbers, Jim. The science is sound.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn you and your number logic derailing my whine thread!